Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Religion Dispatched 3,766

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3101 Jul 30, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Now now, bob/sheldon- you have reverted back to childishness. Try to post something more in line with your age, regardless of your maturity.
And I accept your admission of defeat: that your ugly god cannot forgive, unless something is killed in his name, first.

What a horrid cult you believe in.

But it fits your equally vile personality... so...
LCN Llin

United States

#3102 Jul 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And I accept your admission of defeat: that your ugly god cannot forgive, unless something is killed in his name, first.
Sheldon/Bob Is -Skeptic- a creationist trying to embarrass atheists with moronic posts?
Keep posting as we hang on your every pronouncement.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3103 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
You have yet to prove it, so it's just one more of your many foolish, unproven and incorrect assumptions, so I just ignore it like most of your rants...you are easy to laugh at, however. Unlike you, I have many friends that do not believe as I do so your assumption that I am "vile", "ugly" and all your other juvenile insults are groundless and simply more errors on your part. A lot like your tv persona, aren't you? Tsk tsk, what would Einstein say about all your erroneous assumpions...

outdoors

#3104 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Hate-speech noted.
Who Would your Jewus Hate?
I bet you wear a cute little rubber bracelet with that on it.
Your Jewsus hates the same people YOU hate, right?
I just bet he does...
Oh, and I doubt Jesus hates anyone, but he is surely dissappointed in most of us.
Thinking

UK

#3105 Jul 31, 2013
Has he apologised to the fig tree yet?
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and I doubt Jesus hates anyone, but he is surely dissappointed in most of us.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3106 Jul 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The Big Bang--the sudden and extremely rapid expansion of space-time that began 13.7 billion years ago--is generally accepted among scientists as the beginning of the universe. However, they have long puzzled over a paradox that the event caused in the mathematical calculations of Einstein's Theory of General Relativity. At the moment of the Big Bang, everything was thought to be crammed into a singularity--a space with no dimensions--that also contained infinite density. Einstein couldn't explain how such a state could give rise to a universe of finite density and possibly finite dimensions. Theoretical physicist Sean Carroll of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena put it more succinctly: "Everyone's calculations show the universe started from a singularity," he says, "but no one believes it."
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2007/07...
And when quantum effects are counted, that singularity is smoothed out and time becomes eternal. Again, it is uncaused. It just 'is'.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3107 Jul 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
The Big Bang--the sudden and extremely rapid expansion of space-time that began 13.7 billion years ago--is generally accepted among scientists as the beginning of the universe. However, they have long puzzled over a paradox that the event caused in the mathematical calculations of Einstein's Theory of General Relativity. At the moment of the Big Bang, everything was thought to be crammed into a singularity--a space with no dimensions--that also contained infinite density. Einstein couldn't explain how such a state could give rise to a universe of finite density and possibly finite dimensions. Theoretical physicist Sean Carroll of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena put it more succinctly: "Everyone's calculations show the universe started from a singularity," he says, "but no one believes it."
http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2007/07...
I notice you didn't mention the part of your own quote that mentions that Loop Quantum Gravity predicts a previous contracting universe before our own. In that case, time is eternal and uncaused.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3108 Jul 31, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to prove it,
Actually? I did prove it beyond normal requirements.

You?

You did not refute my observations-- you did not even **try** to.

Your god-- the imaginary god you lust after-- cannot forgive, unless something is killed.

That's pretty sad, really.

A **human** can just forgive -- nothing needs to die.

Your god? Is too egotistical, I guess.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3109 Jul 31, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and I doubt Jesus hates anyone, but he is surely dissappointed in most of us.
Yet,**you** display nothing but **hate** for me.

Isn't that amazing?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3111 Jul 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet Einstein's theories mathematically predicted singularities.

and we have those singularities with infinite density and and no dimensions or space time inside of our current universe.

not sure where you think the conflict is here in the mathematics or the logic.
"Everyone's calculations show the universe started from a singularity," he says, "but no one believes it."

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3112 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And when quantum effects are counted, that singularity is smoothed out and time becomes eternal. Again, it is uncaused. It just 'is'.
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.......

Nothing can exist with out time.
Nothing can happen without time.
Time had to be the the first thing to be created or in your case "Pop into existence from nothing"

Time cannot be uncaused it was first to exist.
Thinking

UK

#3113 Jul 31, 2013
"Almighty Tzar is full of sh!t", he says, "everyone believes it".
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Everyone's calculations show the universe started from a singularity," he says, "but no one believes it."
Thinking

UK

#3114 Jul 31, 2013
Silly twart, "first" is just a time word.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Time had to be the the first thing to be created or in your case "Pop into existence from nothing"

outdoors

#3115 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Yet,**you** display nothing but **hate** for me.
Isn't that amazing?
Other way around, sport. You're the hateful one. For no other reason than the history of your lost religon and you therefore think all Christians are the same as the ones who disgusted you. I'll tell you this- I've met Christians who disgusted me, as well. I feel sorry for you (pity), but I don't know you well enough to hate you- sorry to dissappoint you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3116 Aug 1, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your god you stupid little sh*t. Leave the philosophical thinking to the experts.

All you need to do is prove that your hallucination is real and applies to us all and we will stop being atheist.

You can't get to the point because you know that you're lying to us and have no evidence of anything.

In other words, you look ridiculous here.

Location hidden

#3117 Aug 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Other way around, sport. You're the hateful one. For no other reason than the history of your lost religon and you therefore think all Christians are the same as the ones who disgusted you. I'll tell you this- I've met Christians who disgusted me, as well. I feel sorry for you (pity), but I don't know you well enough to hate you- sorry to dissappoint you.
You have no proof for your stupid cult beliefs being true.

Location hidden

#3118 Aug 1, 2013
Ask the idiots that brainwashed you for your time and money back.
LCN Llin

United States

#3119 Aug 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your god you stupid little sh*t. Leave the philosophical thinking to the experts.
All you need to do is prove that your hallucination is real and applies to us all and we will stop being atheist.
You can't get to the point because you know that you're lying to us and have no evidence of anything.
In other words, you look ridiculous here.
problems paying her taxes to the Church of England?
Have Nice Day!
Oh please

Coffeyville, KS

#3120 Aug 1, 2013
Why do atheist give a shit if others believe differently or not? You wouldn't be trying to push your beliefs down anyone's throat would you? After all, isn't that what you hate about those that believe in God?

No one has to "prove" anything to you. If you don't want to believe than don't. People believe differently about a lot of things in this world, that should be fine. Why would you want everyone to walk around like a drone and everyone have the same beliefs and no one being an individual at all?

You really need to let go of this obsession you seem to have with needing "proof" of something you don't care about anyway. Makes no sense at all....you don't believe in God but you are obsessed with those that do believe somehow proving his existence to you. It's not a part of your life so you shouldn't need proof of God anyway. Just live your life your way and believe what you want and leave others to their beliefs.
Thinking

UK

#3121 Aug 1, 2013
It rather depends on what you do with your beliefs.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/witchhunt-2013041...
Oh please wrote:
Why do atheist give a shit if others believe differently or not? You wouldn't be trying to push your beliefs down anyone's throat would you? After all, isn't that what you hate about those that believe in God?
No one has to "prove" anything to you. If you don't want to believe than don't. People believe differently about a lot of things in this world, that should be fine. Why would you want everyone to walk around like a drone and everyone have the same beliefs and no one being an individual at all?
You really need to let go of this obsession you seem to have with needing "proof" of something you don't care about anyway. Makes no sense at all....you don't believe in God but you are obsessed with those that do believe somehow proving his existence to you. It's not a part of your life so you shouldn't need proof of God anyway. Just live your life your way and believe what you want and leave others to their beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min waaasssuuup 229,898
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 1,007
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr I can read 22,981
Islam for peace, or violence? 6 hr Thinking 26
Man center of the universe. 10 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE