Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3013 Jul 25, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still waiting for you to prove your insistence that God demands murder before He can forgive.
Your bible says this.

In the OT? Forgiveness **required** the murder of some poor animal- and not just **any** animal, but a **perfect** one-

-- OR THE FORGIVENESS WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

But as time went on? Your religion was not satisfied with the simple wholesale slaughter of animals... not ENOUGH BLOOD, I guess.

So your ugly religion turns to HUMAN SACRIFICE.

The ultimate tribute to a blood-thirsty god!

You yourself have admitted that without HUMAN SACRIFICE (your jewsus), THERE COULD BE NO SALVATION.

Meaning?

Your god CANNOT MUSTER UP FORGIVENESS UNLESS SOMETHING IS KILLED.

This is basic Genuine Christian™ theology.

Without the BLOODY MURDER OF YOUR JEWSUS?

You have NO salvation-- NO forgiveness!

This is basic stuff, you moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3014 Jul 25, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, my apologies- I failed to realize that only YOU can be hateful, snide and judgmental.
I no longer stoop to pre-school name-calling--- something **you** seem unable to avoid.

I **do** criticize your ugly religion when and wherever it is justified.

If you think this justified criticism is "hateful"?

Well.... perhaps you should **change** your religion to something **less** hateful?

No?

Well...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3015 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You sound rather snide and judgmental.
<quoted text>
Yes he does... ironic?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3016 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There are so many stories of acid attacks on women in that part of the world. Heartbreaking.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17676542
<quoted text>
It's a disgusting consequence of treating women as **things**, instead of people.

Typical of all 3 Abrahamic religions.
LCN Llin

United States

#3017 Jul 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There are so many stories of acid attacks on women in that part of the world. Heartbreaking.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17676542
<quoted text>
Yes, Sickening

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3018 Jul 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible says this.
In the OT? Forgiveness **required** the murder of some poor animal- and not just **any** animal, but a **perfect** one-
But as time went on? Your religion was not satisfied with the simple wholesale slaughter of animals... not ENOUGH BLOOD, I guess.
You yourself have admitted that without HUMAN SACRIFICE (your jewsus), THERE COULD BE NO SALVATION.
Meaning?
You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over (like this)...You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over...etc.

outdoors

#3019 Jul 25, 2013
But like I said earlier, I concentrate my efforts on the New Testament.

outdoors

#3020 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I no longer stoop to pre-school name-calling--- something **you** seem unable to avoid.
I **do** criticize your ugly religion when and wherever it is justified.
If you think this justified criticism is "hateful"?
Well.... perhaps you should **change** your religion to something **less** hateful?
No?
Well...
Ah sheldon, no one hates as purely as you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3021 Jul 25, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over (like this)...You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over...etc.
I keep repeating it-- and you keep FAILING TO REBUT IT.

Apart from your childish (as in the above)

"IS NOT
IS NOT"

You, screaming "IS NOT" does not refute my statements.

At all.

So here it is AGAIN:

Your bible says this.

Meaning?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3022 Jul 25, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
But like I said earlier, I concentrate my efforts on the New Testament.
So?

My entire argument, apart from sentence ONE, was NEW TESTAMENT THEOLOGY.

Your bloody-minded god REQUIRED A HUMAN SACRIFICE.

Before he could muster-up forgiveness!

Explain WHY your jesus HAD TO DIE, if the above is NOT TRUE.

Can you?

Will you even TRY?

No?

We thought as much

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3023 Jul 25, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah sheldon, no one hates as purely as you do.
Your childish name-calling is NOT an argument.

I'll accept your capitulation that your god:

IS A BLOODY-MINDED MONSTER WHO REQUIRES HUMAN SACRIFICE BEFORE FORGIVENESS IS POSSIBLE.

Sad.
LCN Llin

United States

#3024 Jul 25, 2013
Barbaric

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP)— The couple stood before a Dubai judge. The charge was sex outside marriage — illegal in the United Arab Emirates and across nearly all the Muslim world — and the magistrate offered an option: Suspended sentences to the Pakistani man and Filipino woman if they agreed to wed. The man consented, but the woman refused. They are awaiting sentencing, which could bring jail terms of several months or longer.

The case in May grabbed some attention because of the judge's novel approach, but otherwise passed as a routine hearing on the misdemeanor docket in a city that relentlessly promotes itself as the new crossroads of the world.

Dubai's Islamic-influenced laws on sex, morality and how they are applied are now center stage in a global debate following the legal battle of a 24-year-old Norwegian woman, Marte Deborah Dalelv. She was sentenced to 16 months in prison on unwed sex and alcohol charges last week after claiming she was raped by a co-worker in March. The alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence on similar charges.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
Thinking

Royston, UK

#3025 Jul 26, 2013
You just keep repeating the same drivel over and over.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over (like this)...You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. You haven't proven a thing bob, you just keep repeating the same drivel over and over...etc.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#3026 Jul 26, 2013
How similar to the OT, where rapists are compelled to marry their rape victims, no matter how young they are.
LCN Llin wrote:
Barbaric
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP)— The couple stood before a Dubai judge. The charge was sex outside marriage — illegal in the United Arab Emirates and across nearly all the Muslim world — and the magistrate offered an option: Suspended sentences to the Pakistani man and Filipino woman if they agreed to wed. The man consented, but the woman refused. They are awaiting sentencing, which could bring jail terms of several months or longer.
The case in May grabbed some attention because of the judge's novel approach, but otherwise passed as a routine hearing on the misdemeanor docket in a city that relentlessly promotes itself as the new crossroads of the world.
Dubai's Islamic-influenced laws on sex, morality and how they are applied are now center stage in a global debate following the legal battle of a 24-year-old Norwegian woman, Marte Deborah Dalelv. She was sentenced to 16 months in prison on unwed sex and alcohol charges last week after claiming she was raped by a co-worker in March. The alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence on similar charges.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...

outdoors

#3027 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I keep repeating it-- and you keep FAILING TO REBUT IT.
Apart from your childish (as in the above)
"IS NOT
IS NOT"
You, screaming "IS NOT" does not refute my statements.
At all.
So here it is AGAIN:
Your bible says this.
Meaning?
Ah sheldon, without proof, your rants are nothing but opinions, and I have no idea how to refute an opnion. Is that "dumbed down" enough for you to comprehend?

outdoors

#3028 Jul 26, 2013
<quoted text>
So?
My entire argument, apart from sentence ONE, was NEW TESTAMENT THEOLOGY.
Your bloody-minded god REQUIRED A HUMAN SACRIFICE.
Before he could muster-up forgiveness!
Explain WHY your jesus HAD TO DIE, if the above is NOT TRUE.
Can you?
Will you even TRY?
No?
We thought as much
Ah, the Crucifixion of Christ- the basis of Christianity. The reason Christ was born. His Purpose for coming to Earth. You want a sermon. http://search.ya hoo http%3a//ezinearticles.com/%3f WANTED%3a-Imitators-of-Christ.
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iS3X_JRaz... **http%3a//images.search.yahoo .com/search/images%3f_adv_prop =image%26fr=yfp-t-900-1%26va=c rucifixion%2bphilippines.
Jesus knew he was to be crucified when he began his ministry. http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7la3YPJR_1... **http%3a//whybelieveinjesus.w ebs.com/crucifixion.htm
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#3030 Jul 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the Crucifixion of Christ- the basis of Christianity. The reason Christ was born. His Purpose for coming to Earth. You want a sermon.
I dont think Bob was after a sermon. He was wanting you to think about why God would require a human sacrifce (of Jesus) before he was able to forgive sins. A benevolent deity would forgive without the need to torture and kill an innocent person.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3032 Jul 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah sheldon, without proof, your rants are nothing but opinions, and I have no idea how to refute an opnion. Is that "dumbed down" enough for you to comprehend?
My but you ARE stupid: my name is not "sheldon".

And I accept your capitulation: your ugly god CANNOT FORGIVE WITHOUT MASSIVE BLOODSHED.

Since you haven't even TRIED to muster up a refutation.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3033 Jul 26, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the Crucifixion of Christ- the basis of Christianity.
Correct: your ugly monster-god REQUIRED SOMEONE TO DIE, before he could manage to forgive anyone.

Just as I have been saying.
huntcoyotes wrote:
The reason Christ was born. His Purpose for coming to Earth. You want a sermon. http://search.ya hoo http%3a//ezinearticles.com/%3f WANTED%3a-Imitators-of-Christ.
Yes, yes-- we know-- he was born SO HE COULD BE MURDERED.

To satisfy the BLOOD-LUST OF YOUR MONSTER-GOD'S APPETITES.
huntcoyotes wrote:
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iS3X_JRaz... **http%3a//images.search.yahoo .com/search/images%3f_adv_prop =image%26fr=yfp-t-900-1%26va=c rucifixion%2bphilippines.
Jesus knew he was to be crucified when he began his ministry. http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7la3YPJR_1... **http%3a//whybelieveinjesus.w ebs.com/crucifixion.htm
Good! You agree, then that he was to be MURDERED to satisfy the BLOOD-LUST of your monster-god's bloody appetites!

I'm so glad you finally agree, here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3034 Jul 26, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think Bob was after a sermon. He was wanting you to think about why God would require a human sacrifce (of Jesus) before he was able to forgive sins. A benevolent deity would forgive without the need to torture and kill an innocent person.
That is a 100% correct analysis of my goal.

He cannot muster up an answer, though--

He has admitted that the SOLE PURPOSE of his Jewsus was to be a BLOODY SACRIFICE TO APPEASE HIS BLOODY GOD.

Kind of a sick cult, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 min Into The Night 5,699
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Into The Night 48,654
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr ChristineM 258,041
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 13 hr Mikko 1
More from around the web