Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2929 Jul 22, 2013
Well, that's authoritarian theocracies for you.

One day you may get the hang of posting unambiguously.
LCN Llin wrote:
Outraged she was arrested.
<quoted text>

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2931 Jul 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ugly god **requires** something to be **murdered** before he can manage to forgive.
That is a plain as it gets.
You worship a **blood** cult.
You even practice ritual cannibalism and ritual vampirism too.
What do you call it? Oh yeah... "holy communion".
Riiiiight.
You're wrong, bob. You're lying, bob. You have no proof, bob. I'm not Catholic, bob. You keep claiming God requires murder but offer no proof, bob. Yo're a wrong/lying/cowardly liar, bob. Hardly a newsflash...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2932 Jul 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>..claiming God requires murder but offer no proof, bob...
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2934 Jul 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
I always find it amusing that those trying to defend the book they claim to follow have obviously never even bothered to read it!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#2935 Jul 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I always find it amusing that those trying to defend the book they claim to follow have obviously never even bothered to read it!
Yes, or know about the bad stuff in the Bible, but pretend that its all sweetness and light.

Location hidden

#2936 Jul 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, or know about the bad stuff in the Bible, but pretend that its all sweetness and light.
LOL!... or claim, when the bad stuff is pointed out, that we're "taking it out of context" or "misinterpreting it"
Amused

Minot, MA

#2937 Jul 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!... or claim, when the bad stuff is pointed out, that we're "taking it out of context" or "misinterpreting it"
They have all been issued True Believer Secret Decoder Rings(TM) that allow them to explain away the crazy and evil stuff with language-defying and reason-defying "explanations" that those passages mean something else. I think these secret decoder rings are found inside cereal boxes. Not quite as useful as the old Cap'n Crunch whistles that made a 2600 hz tone, back when the phone system was all analog.

Location hidden

#2938 Jul 23, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
They have all been issued True Believer Secret Decoder Rings(TM) that allow them to explain away the crazy and evil stuff with language-defying and reason-defying "explanations" that those passages mean something else. I think these secret decoder rings are found inside cereal boxes. Not quite as useful as the old Cap'n Crunch whistles that made a 2600 hz tone, back when the phone system was all analog.
Man... Cap'n Crunch... my mouth hurts just thinking about it!
Amused

Minot, MA

#2939 Jul 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Man... Cap'n Crunch... my mouth hurts just thinking about it!
Yeah, but the whistles were awesome. They were pitched at the exact frequency the phone company used to signal a line was clear. Dial an 800 number to get a connection to a trunk line, blow the whistle into the receiver, and phun ensued.

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2940 Jul 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't God's directive, sport- that is a recitation of history. Big difference. Any wonder why I pay more attention to the Book of Mathew?
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2941 Jul 23, 2013
Because you're just another cafeteria christian.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't God's directive, sport- that is a recitation of history. Big difference. Any wonder why I pay more attention to the Book of Mathew?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2942 Jul 23, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong, bob.
Nope. Your ugly god requires MURDER before he will or can forgive.

That's in your ugly BIBLE you idiot.
huntcoyotes wrote:
You're lying, bob.
Prove it-- quote me DIRECT with links, and PROVE IT.

You cannot-- because I'm not lying.
huntcoyotes wrote:
You have no proof, bob.
Bible: it clearly states your ugly god MUST HAVE A MURDER before he can muster up enough MoJo to forgive.
huntcoyotes wrote:
I'm not Catholic, bob.
So? You admitted to being one of those Genuine Christians™, so you are guilty.
huntcoyotes wrote:
You keep claiming God requires murder but offer no proof, bob. Yo're a wrong/lying/cowardly liar, bob. Hardly a newsflash...
Bible says your ugly god DOES. Bible clearly states NO forgiveness unless SOMETHING DIES.

Else why did your god murder himself in his Jewsus incarnation?

And this murder unlocked... MAGICAL FORGIVENESS FOR ALL.

See?

Your bible agrees with ME.

So who's lying? Oh! That would be YOU.

Again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2943 Jul 23, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I always find it amusing that those trying to defend the book they claim to follow have obviously never even bothered to read it!
Yep.

It's really quite sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2944 Jul 23, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but the whistles were awesome. They were pitched at the exact frequency the phone company used to signal a line was clear. Dial an 800 number to get a connection to a trunk line, blow the whistle into the receiver, and phun ensued.
How long before they caught on?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2945 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Because you're just another cafeteria christian.
<quoted text>
Yep.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2946 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>jesus you're a Twunt.[sic]
Jesus killed his son?

Location hidden

#2947 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>False.

Unless you are willing to ADMIT that your god IS NOT IN CHARGE?

If that's the case?

Your god is a wimp.... and not a god at all!
booby you're such an ignorant bastard.

Location hidden

#2948 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>None of your excuses above? Explain at all my points in my prior post.

Again: if there **were** such a thing as **divine** guidance?

WE SHOULD SEE THE RESULTS OF SUCH GUIDANCE!

Is that the case?

A resounding NO.

Where is the divine guidance as promised by your bible?
booby you're such an ignorant bastard

Location hidden

#2949 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>1) there is zero historical evidence supporting a human named Jesus as even having lived.

2) a god, as your story claims, cannot suffer mortal suffering. Impossible. An immortal being cannot understand what it means to DIE... immortal, remember?

So the "suffering" and "dying" is a JOKE. Utterly without meaning.

3) WHY ON EARTH does your god REQUIRE MURDER BEFORE HE CAN MUSTER UP FORGIVENESS?

A mere human mortal can forgive WITHOUT needing anything murdered first!

This makes mere HUMANS to be SUPERIOR to your god!

Location hidden

#2950 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>Awww... did Jewsus forget his safe word?

Perhaps he shouldn't have chosen a goyim word, then...

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 min Dogen 1,499
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr Baffled 1,179
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 32,463
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Tue Ben Avraham 100
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Aug 21 Dogen 78,757
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
More from around the web