Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

LCN Llin

United States

#2908 Jul 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
correct.
1) Go re-read Genesis Eden story: in that ugly tale of an abusive parent, your ugly god LIED: He tells Adam, THE VERY DAY that Adam eats of the magic JuJu tree-- Adam would DIE.
Adam ate.
Adam lives 1000's of days more-- DID NOT DIE. Your god LIED.
2) Your idiot Jewsus PROMISES James, John, Peter and the rest, that BEFORE THEY DIE--HE WOULD COME BACK.
Did he? Nope-- 2000 years later, they are ALL DEAD, and he's STILL not returned.
Jewsus LIED.
That's two examples. You want MORE?
It is a well-known fact in the life of a TROLL,

that mood changes and bloating can occur with

premenstrual atheist syndrome.

"re-read Genesis Eden story: in that ugly tale"

may be the first sign of a heavy flow day?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2909 Jul 20, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
yes, it is funny that people still believe in proven false myths...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2910 Jul 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>worse than that? really?
well, since they couldn't even write in a god character that can get his own creation story correct, or any other facts about the world he supposedly created, maybe you are correct.

have you read Michael Moore's book "Lamb" about the life of jesus and his best friend?(or anything my Moore..funny and witty as hell, highly recomended...)at least this cult gives us fodder for other humorous books and movies and such...
No, I've not read anything by Moore. Not really my cuppa tea, Moore, but there you go.

:)

St. Croix valley

#2911 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I've not read anything by Moore. Not really my cuppa tea, Moore, but there you go.
:)
he has a pretty varied repertoire...

his book "Fool" a rewrite of King Lear is brilliant, and his most recent novel "Sacre Blue" about the french painters of the impressionist era is brilliant...possibly his best work.

but if not your stuff, so be it...

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2912 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
But ... something had to be MURDERED FIRST, before your inept and bloodthirsty godling could muster up enough mojo to forgive.
WHY DID SOMETHING HAVE TO DIE, FIRST?
Hmmmm?
Is your evil god SO BLOODTHIRSTY, then?
Bob, you keep talking about murder, but no specifics- what in the world are you talking about? What murder are you refering to?(That's as dumbed down as I'm able to get, hope it's enough to get through to you.)

St. Croix valley

#2913 Jul 20, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, you keep talking about murder, but no specifics- what in the world are you talking about? What murder are you refering to?(That's as dumbed down as I'm able to get, hope it's enough to get through to you.)
you keep talking of this proven false god, but no specifics...why is that?
LCN Llin

United States

#2914 Jul 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you keep talking of this proven false god, but no specifics...why is that?
some people collect string.
some people defend atheism.
LOL

St. Croix valley

#2915 Jul 20, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
and some people believe in proven false myths for no rational reason whatsoever...

kind of makes the string collectors look brilliant, don't they?
LCN Llin

United States

#2916 Jul 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and some people believe in proven false myths for no rational reason whatsoever...
kind of makes the string collectors look brilliant, don't they?
LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2917 Jul 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Even if God Himself called me on my cellphone or stopped by to chat, none of you...
Are we supposed to all wait for your mental illness to prove itself, or get on with out own lives?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2918 Jul 21, 2013
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
An some people fail at being a creationist troll, don't they Lincoln who has to change his username because he's a coward with no proof of god.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2919 Jul 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we supposed to all wait for your mental illness to prove itself, or get on with out own lives?
LOL- you seem to be the one with the mental illness, friend- you refuse to understand the meaning of the word "coward"- what are you afraid of, the truth?
LCN Llin

United States

#2921 Jul 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
calls people names and proves nothing
LOL
LCN Llin

United States

#2922 Jul 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
An some people fail at being a creationist troll, don't they Lincoln who has to change his username because he's a coward with no proof of god.
givemeliberty your protector
LOL
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2923 Jul 21, 2013
Thank you. Perhaps it is flattering to be stalked.
My stalkers tend to be barely literate, though.
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>The forgiv'eths' suggest a lisp? Maybe dislexic too? It's a miracle he made it as a prophet but those who can't do, preach.
(By the way, I reported your stalker. I suppose you might be a wicked Nazi but it seems more likely he's a nutter :-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2924 Jul 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, you keep talking about murder, but no specifics- what in the world are you talking about? What murder are you refering to?(That's as dumbed down as I'm able to get, hope it's enough to get through to you.)
Your ugly god **requires** something to be **murdered** before he can manage to forgive.

That is a plain as it gets.

You worship a **blood** cult.

You even practice ritual cannibalism and ritual vampirism too.

What do you call it? Oh yeah... "holy communion".

Riiiiight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2925 Jul 21, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL- you seem to be the one with the mental illness, friend- you refuse to understand the meaning of the word "coward"- what are you afraid of, the truth?
You are entirely unacquainted with the meaning of the word truth.

Sad.
LCN Llin

United States

#2926 Jul 22, 2013
This is an outrage

A Norwegian woman at the centre of a Dubai rape case dispute has been pardoned and is free to leave Dubai, she has said.

Interior designer Marte Deborah Dalelv, 24, was on a business trip in Dubai when she says she was raped in March.

She reported the attack to the police, but was charged with perjury, having extramarital sex and drinking alcohol, receiving a 16-month prison sentence.

The case has angered rights groups and the Norwegian authorities.

Ms Dalelv had had her passport returned and was free to leave the country, a Norwegian official told the BBC. She was not being deported, and was expected to return to Norway in the next few days.

The designer, who has been staying at the Norwegian Seamen's Centre in Dubai since she was sentenced last week, told the BBC she found out she was to be freed earlier on Monday during a meeting with public prosecutors.

"We came in and we sat down and they told us 'You've been pardoned'. It's from the ruler of Dubai. It's from him personally so that's - it just feels unbelievable - it's a very, very good day."
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2927 Jul 22, 2013
I've followed this case for a while. Why are you outraged that she has been pardoned? I was outraged that she was given 16 months in the first place.
LCN Llin wrote:
This is an outrage
A Norwegian woman at the centre of a Dubai rape case dispute has been pardoned and is free to leave Dubai, she has said.
Interior designer Marte Deborah Dalelv, 24, was on a business trip in Dubai when she says she was raped in March.
She reported the attack to the police, but was charged with perjury, having extramarital sex and drinking alcohol, receiving a 16-month prison sentence.
The case has angered rights groups and the Norwegian authorities.
Ms Dalelv had had her passport returned and was free to leave the country, a Norwegian official told the BBC. She was not being deported, and was expected to return to Norway in the next few days.
The designer, who has been staying at the Norwegian Seamen's Centre in Dubai since she was sentenced last week, told the BBC she found out she was to be freed earlier on Monday during a meeting with public prosecutors.
"We came in and we sat down and they told us 'You've been pardoned'. It's from the ruler of Dubai. It's from him personally so that's - it just feels unbelievable - it's a very, very good day."
LCN Llin

United States

#2928 Jul 22, 2013
Outraged she was arrested.
Thinking wrote:
I've followed this case for a while. Why are you outraged that she has been pardoned? I was outraged that she was given 16 months in the first place.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 3 min John 577
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 5 min Eagle 12 396
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min superwilly 258,466
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 43 min Science 69,768
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 57 min Subduction Zone 30,046
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr yehoshooah adam 3,768
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) Mon Eagle 12 12,668
More from around the web