Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion Dispatched

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Comments (Page 142)

Showing posts 2,821 - 2,840 of3,766
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well, idiot, what do you want- a youtube video? Polaroids? A link? A portrait by Da Vinci?
At a bare minimum.

In reality? I demand **GODLY** evidence to support such an amazing idea: god.

Do you have anything that is godly to hand?

No?

We thought not.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Every time jesus tried to say, "For f*ck's sake!" it kept coming out as, "Forsake!".
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww... did Jewsus forget his safe word?
Perhaps he shouldn't have chosen a goyim word, then...
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Every time jesus tried to say, "For f*ck's sake!" it kept coming out as, "Forsake!".
<quoted text>
LOL!
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
For f*ck's
Words he learned at his mothers knee and other joints

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

<quoted text>
1) there is zero historical evidence supporting a human named Jesus as even having lived.
2) a god, as your story claims, cannot suffer mortal suffering. Impossible. An immortal being cannot understand what it means to DIE... immortal, remember?
So the "suffering" and "dying" is a JOKE. Utterly without meaning.
3) WHY ON EARTH does your god REQUIRE MURDER BEFORE HE CAN MUSTER UP FORGIVENESS?
A mere human mortal can forgive WITHOUT needing anything murdered first!
This makes mere HUMANS to be SUPERIOR to your god!
"Murder", bob?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>"Murder", bob?
Yes: murder.

As in, the premature and intentional death of a person prior to the time they would have died of natural causes.

Your bible-god uses murder like a little kid uses candy; all the time, for any little old thing.

All according to the ugly bible, of course.

----------

Beside the point:

WHY does your god require someone to DIE before he can muster up sufficient mojo to forgive?

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes: murder.
As in, the premature and intentional death of a person prior to the time they would have died of natural causes.
Your bible-god uses murder like a little kid uses candy; all the time, for any little old thing.
All according to the ugly bible, of course.
----------
Beside the point:
WHY does your god require someone to DIE before he can muster up sufficient mojo to forgive?
This entire post hasn't a shred of proof or evidence in it, but why should you change your spots now? God has already forgiven me, and I'm still here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>This entire post hasn't a shred of proof or evidence in it, but why should you change your spots now? God has already forgiven me, and I'm still here.
I'm so sorry it wasn't dumb enough for you.

Let me put it even more stupid:

The god you believe in, is so inept as a god, he ***demands** something gets murdered before he can forgive.

So that "forgiveness" you are whining about? Something had to be murdered for it to happen.

All according to your ugly mythology, of course.

Why?

Why is your inept god so bloodthirsty, that he can ONLY forgive after something is KILLED?

Hmmmm???

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm so sorry it wasn't dumb enough for you.
Let me put it even more stupid:
The god you believe in, is so inept as a god, he ***demands** something gets murdered before he can forgive.
So that "forgiveness" you are whining about? Something had to be murdered for it to happen.
All according to your ugly mythology, of course.
Why?
Why is your inept god so bloodthirsty, that he can ONLY forgive after something is KILLED?
Hmmmm???
Like I've already said (perhaps I could dumb it down enough for even YOU to understand), God has already forgiven me, my friends, my family, billions I've never met for 2000+ years and killing wasn't part of the deal- is THAT simple enough for your peabrain?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The forgiv'eths' suggest a lisp? Maybe dislexic too? It's a miracle he made it as a prophet but those who can't do, preach.

(By the way, I reported your stalker. I suppose you might be a wicked Nazi but it seems more likely he's a nutter :-)
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

The Nobel Prize Committee has been wrong by granting Obama the Nobel Prize Peace Award as Obama has demonstrated being as no peaceful radical. Yet Sweden Professor has nominated Snowden for the Nobel Prize Award by saying it was bad to give to Obama .

Obama acts more in the unlawfulness like neo-Hilter as radical neo-con by hacking civilians,(like Bush IN IRAQ WAR) as AN outlaw.

Neo-Hitler is someone who acts like Hitler nowadays, who suppresses civil liberty, privacy freedom of righteous rights, oppresses, represses dissents (e.g., Snowden), and does warfares with no regard to lawful basis to UN like Libya, since Obama says about red line in Syria by prospecting war situation.
As the supporters OF Obama, usually are many BLAcKS, Hispanics, single women as street walkers labeled as prostitutes, yet they ARE BEING DEPRIVED AND LEFT OUT HISTORICALLY AND TRADITIONALLY, as of being harassed and victimized by big brother police, built bY the Neocon extremist Obama with the largest Homeland Security Department in terms of Buildings and expenditures of all time, just to ensure liberty freedom value will not exist.

Neocon is someone who would start and do Patriot act, but by even expanding Patriot Act to the huge extensive degree and building too many and intrusive hacking programs to harass and crush consumers and the general public, would definitely be more than a radical Neocon and not a liberal progressive as Obama is.

In addition, Obama overthrew government in Libya without UN approval.
Obama had done too many drones by killing the wrong people, like families and children and women, by saying they had killed terrorists instead.
As CIA was wrong on Snowden by saying he was on the airplane going to Bolivia (in fact Snowden was not on plane), Obama could be just like the International outlaw Bush, lying about WMD-Iraq, by telling no true facts of chemical weapons usage in Syria. There is no way Obama could prove rebels had not used chemical weapons (the Russians say so) by saying of the other side in Syria.

CIA is often wrong proven by the Snowden story as not on airplane to Bolivia.
Then Obama also gave no real facts of pictures of dead Bin Laden by saying bin Laden was killed, while having the man who gave information of bin Laden to CIA locked up in Pakistan for 30 years, so that he told no more whether the real story of bin Laden was true or not. Yet the CIA made up narratives of the Bin Laden raid as if they had done that when nobody was there to witness. Since CIA was wrong about many things, how could that be real or not that people could trust?

The Nobel Prize Committee has given too many prizes to US in a lot of areas, from Physics, Chemistry, Economics, etc., by saying the other world universities are not good as they rank the top 100 universities on the planet by naming mostly the US ones, British, and few from Germany and Russia and so on.

Yet the world is uprising with more better people everywhere than those of US, while US is going downhill doing all the wrongs and breaking the Universal rules, it is time the world must carry back-bone moral responsibilities of these modern times to face troubles ahead as it has been made messes by being biased to US, as that was even done by the Nobel Prize Committee.

You HAD THE other falsehood Bush who chose to Promote China to be the second largest economy, which is supposed to be very bad for you country, while Obama could do nothing to, but chooses to snoop on world civilians, from Hong Kong, to Germany, Korea and India, etc.

If you don't believe it, look forward to the future comings of how the new world will be like, that the global people are indeed the better people to materialize a better human civilization, as US is viewed as no leader, but running the wrong and bad direction on the planet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Like I've already said (perhaps I could dumb it down enough for even YOU to understand), God has already forgiven me, my friends, my family, billions I've never met for 2000+ years and killing wasn't part of the deal- is THAT simple enough for your peabrain?
A proven myth like the false idol you worship cannot forgive anyone or anything...

your cult lied to you...again...

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>A proven myth like the false idol you worship cannot forgive anyone or anything...
your cult lied to you...again...
Ah, you're calling God and His Son liars- that' is soooooo LOL. How do you propose to prove that? Even if God Himself called me on my cellphone or stopped by to chat, none of you hatemongerers would believe it, so what up?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you're calling God and His Son liars- that' is soooooo LOL. How do you propose to prove that? Even if God Himself called me on my cellphone or stopped by to chat, none of you hatemongerers would believe it, so what up?
no. you are just not getting it...they are proven myths. myths cannpt be liars.

yes, if you, or the NSA, could show proof of that phone call, that would be proof of your god. as yet the entire world has not one teensy shred of evidence that any god, gods or goddesses have ever existed, and the god your cult made up is proven to be false.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

peace n shaax123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it is. I can say God exists but you can not say God doesn't exist, at all. If God doesn't exist, than prove it.
do you really want to go there?

I do not believe in god or gods. It is not my place to prove something that I do not believe in, but it is your place to prove an absolute statement.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Like I've already said (perhaps I could dumb it down enough for even YOU to understand), God has already forgiven me, my friends, my family, billions I've never met for 2000+ years and killing wasn't part of the deal- is THAT simple enough for your peabrain?
But ... something had to be MURDERED FIRST, before your inept and bloodthirsty godling could muster up enough mojo to forgive.

WHY DID SOMETHING HAVE TO DIE, FIRST?

Hmmmm?

Is your evil god SO BLOODTHIRSTY, then?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you're calling God and His Son liars-
correct.

1) Go re-read Genesis Eden story: in that ugly tale of an abusive parent, your ugly god LIED: He tells Adam, THE VERY DAY that Adam eats of the magic JuJu tree-- Adam would DIE.

Adam ate.

Adam lives 1000's of days more-- DID NOT DIE. Your god LIED.

2) Your idiot Jewsus PROMISES James, John, Peter and the rest, that BEFORE THEY DIE--HE WOULD COME BACK.

Did he? Nope-- 2000 years later, they are ALL DEAD, and he's STILL not returned.

Jewsus LIED.

That's two examples. You want MORE?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

<quoted text>
But ... something had to be MURDERED FIRST, before your inept and bloodthirsty godling could muster up enough mojo to forgive.
WHY DID SOMETHING HAVE TO DIE, FIRST?
Hmmmm?
Is your evil god SO BLOODTHIRSTY, then?
he has shown he cannot accept the proven fact that he worships a false, man-made idol...

that must be a sad and ugly world view...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he has shown he cannot accept the proven fact that he worships a false, man-made idol...
that must be a sad and ugly world view...
Yeah, it's quite sad.

It even has ritual cannibalism and ritual vampirism too.

Horrid.

Worse, even, than the Twilight series...

<heh>

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

<quoted text>
Yeah, it's quite sad.
It even has ritual cannibalism and ritual vampirism too.
Horrid.
Worse, even, than the Twilight series...
<heh>
worse than that? really?

well, since they couldn't even write in a god character that can get his own creation story correct, or any other facts about the world he supposedly created, maybe you are correct.

have you read Michael Moore's book "Lamb" about the life of jesus and his best friend?(or anything my Moore..funny and witty as hell, highly recomended...)at least this cult gives us fodder for other humorous books and movies and such...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,821 - 2,840 of3,766
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••