Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion Dispatched

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Comments
2,761 - 2,780 of 3,766 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>faith in something that has been proven false is not rational. it is not faith at all, it is indoctrination into a proven cult.
yes, we fathom you completely...
Yes, exactly this-- spot-on, 100% accurate criticism of his blatherings.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Very childish of you to attempt to argue a baseless point. I'm ignoring you after this as I would anyone's belligerent child.
Irony noted, as the poster unconsciously self-references himself as a "belligerent child".

Typical of a Genuine Christian™ though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, you're what is refered to as an "armchair quarterback". You tell people what to do, how to act, what to think, how to think, etc. All the while never following the rules you insist they follow. Pitiful. Another sheldon.
Irony noted, as the poster unconsciously projects himself onto someone he has no clue about. Especially the comment about "telling people what to do".

Classic behavior of a Genuine Christhole™ who would **force** everyone by **law** to follow the ugly that is their hate-cult.

Also note the final juvenile remark as a parting bit of hypocrisy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I know God is real- you don't. Your loss, not mine.
Extreme irony noted, in light of the comment this is replying to...

... especially the one after that, wherein this poster complains about "telling everyone what to do".

The irony is especially poignant, as the poster has no clue that his statement above, is **exactly** trying to force everyone to comply with his ugly faith...!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the first resort of a loser, childish rhetoric. Please do continue so's I can laugh some more.
Juvenile comment noted.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony noted, as the poster unconsciously self-references himself as a "belligerent child".
Typical of a Genuine Christian™ though.
Oh please, sheldon, you're being as childish as kiddies in a schoolyard repeating, "I know you are, what am I?" over and over again. How sad and lonely to be you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, sheldon, you're being as childish as kiddies in a schoolyard repeating, "I know you are, what am I?" over and over again. How sad and lonely to be you.
Coward with no proof of god, lying over and over again and coverting nobody to his failed cult.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Very childish of you to attempt to argue a baseless point. I'm ignoring you after this as I would anyone's belligerent child.
Another opportunity to prove the god you're here to lie about wasted.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward with no proof of god, lying over and over again and coverting nobody to his failed cult.
<yawn>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, sheldon, you're being as childish as kiddies in a schoolyard repeating, "I know you are, what am I?" over and over again. How sad and lonely to be you.
If you wish me to say something else?

Stop posting your juvenile shyt.

It really is that simple-- oh and:

Juvenile comment noted.

Again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text><yawn>
So you freely admit your god isn't real?

Good.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I know God is real.
How?

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
You know your god is real, yet you are willing to throw out half of what your god commands because it is inconvenient to you.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you freely admit your god isn't real?
Good.
I just do not get it.

They say they know their god is real but never, never try and show any empirical proof.

When ask to show their proof they say prove that my god is not real.

I have never made any statement that there is no god or gods; I have only stated that I do not believe in gods, and the religious will state that I should prove what I do not believe in.
When do people become enlighten to the real world and see what is real and true?

They only live in their mythical make believe world and pronounce hate, bigotry, and intolerance and call it good and gods will.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I just do not get it.
They say they know their god is real but never, never try and show any empirical proof.
When ask to show their proof they say prove that my god is not real.
I have never made any statement that there is no god or gods; I have only stated that I do not believe in gods, and the religious will state that I should prove what I do not believe in.
When do people become enlighten to the real world and see what is real and true?
They only live in their mythical make believe world and pronounce hate, bigotry, and intolerance and call it good and gods will.
I get it-- they are jealous of our freedom, and they hate that we remind them that all they have is faith.

And deep-down, they know that faith isn't proof of anything.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
no, no you do not. you believe in a god created by a cult that has been proven false.

seems it is your loss. loss of your ability to think freely. what could I have possibly lost by not buying into a proven false cult?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no you do not. you believe in a god created by a cult that has been proven false.
seems it is your loss. loss of your ability to think freely. what could I have possibly lost by not buying into a proven false cult?
What did you lose?

Your loss of dignity?

The removal of all curiosity? About everything?

You also lost becoming a mindless sheeple...

... and you lost being fleeced weekly of your money ...

... and most of all, you lost being told--repeatedly--that all humans are lower than pond-scum, and deserving of infinite torture.

**that** is what you lost, at a bare minimum.

Was it worth the loss?

<grin>

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Ha ha....I feel much better since I lost my religion, Bob. Now I can treat all humans with respect without worrying that they will end up in a mythical place called hell. Now I can live my life to the fullest and use my own reasoning to do what I believe is right, without some sky fairy telling me what is and isn't right.

I have always been a kind person-religion didn't take that away from me-it was rather because I am a kind and compassionate person by nature that I couldn't go along with the terms of religion, Bob. To accept that a loving god willingly murders his own son-and then also orders the murders of thousands of others in his own book and contradicts himself dozens of times.....that'd be impossible for me to believe.

Religion wants you to see everyone as evil and terrible, but I want to see everyone as being capable of making either good or bad choices. No one is truly good or evil. That is a realistic viewpoint and it is one I have come to after all these years.

The other day someone asked me if I believed in guardian angels and said one was watching over me. Of course I said yes because society has not developed enough tolerance for non-believers yet and besides I live in an area full of religious believers....coming out would not be a good thing.

Has anyone ever asked you that, Bob? In public, I normally keep silent about my views unless asked.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Lelouch0 wrote:
Ha ha....I feel much better since I lost my religion, Bob. Now I can treat all humans with respect without worrying that they will end up in a mythical place called hell. Now I can live my life to the fullest and use my own reasoning to do what I believe is right, without some sky fairy telling me what is and isn't right.
I have always been a kind person-religion didn't take that away from me-it was rather because I am a kind and compassionate person by nature that I couldn't go along with the terms of religion, Bob. To accept that a loving god willingly murders his own son-and then also orders the murders of thousands of others in his own book and contradicts himself dozens of times.....that'd be impossible for me to believe.
Religion wants you to see everyone as evil and terrible, but I want to see everyone as being capable of making either good or bad choices. No one is truly good or evil. That is a realistic viewpoint and it is one I have come to after all these years.
The other day someone asked me if I believed in guardian angels and said one was watching over me. Of course I said yes because society has not developed enough tolerance for non-believers yet and besides I live in an area full of religious believers....coming out would not be a good thing.
Has anyone ever asked you that, Bob? In public, I normally keep silent about my views unless asked.
I've had slightly reasonable discussions in public, with godbots.

I had recently come from an atheist get-together, and some of us went to a nearby coffee house to keep talking.

We were talking mostly about the research one of us was doing, presently. Quite interesting.

When a couple of roving godbots interrupted; they were moderately polite at least.

We went back and forth-- they tried the usual questions, which I and my fellow atheists shot down in seconds, without really stretching.

We shot back, of course, with some classic bible-fail questions. Neither godbot had an answer. But one, at least, admitted he didn't know, and promised to look into the questions.

I sometimes wonder if he did, and if he's still faithful.

Anyhow, it was amusing for a bit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Lelouch0 wrote:
Ha ha....I feel much better since I lost my religion, Bob
One of the nicer aspects of having no religion, is that I don't have to play "nice-nice" with the bs.

I can be unctuously polite, of course, but I don't have to simile and just take the bullshit.

In public, it's actually easier to be polite than not; and it kind of takes them off-guard-- they don't expect polite refusals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••