Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2791 Jul 10, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You Christians have the old testament as a part of your holy book, yet you get upset when we atheists point out the cruelty that exist in it. The truth is taht you are fake religious people. You pick an d choose what you want to follow based on convenience, not faith.
But that is okay. The New Testament is horrible in it's own right.
He's just another salad bar "christian".

Picks what he likes, ignores the rest.

And?

There goes 100% of his dubious justification for his Jewsus too...

...!!

Most amusing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2792 Jul 10, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"... fourth track
A brilliant bit of music, that one.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2793 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOLOLOLOL- sheldon, if anyone is bothering to keep score, then you are miles ahead in this area. No one has resorted to the juvenile rhetoric better than you.
The above example of juvenile rhetoric is duly noted.

As is the irony, in **you** complaining about it.

You are just another salad-bar hypocrite (christian)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2794 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ow- that hurts soooo bad...lol. Athiests pick and choose as well, friend.
Nope.

If it's scientifically sound? I'll accept that.

If it's not?

Then I reject it.

It really is **that** simple.

Your god? Not scientifically sound... so...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2795 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>When you are smart enough to look up and grasp the meaning of the word "brave", please tell me how it applies in this particular case.
You are clearly too cowardly to even attempt to prove your ugly god-myth isn't, in fact, myth.

And in that case? The word "brave" was used appropriately by Skeptic.
huntcoyotes wrote:
I have already determined you aren't smart enough to do so on your own, so find a child to help you.
And your final juvenile comment is duly noted and recorded.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2796 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No, that isn't what I said. Rather than me c&p, just go back and look again.
No, it was **exactly** the consequences of your statements.

You are not very good at consequences, are you?

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2797 Jul 10, 2013
Of all the athiests I've ever met, the ones on these pages would argue with a stump if they thought it wasn't agreeing with them. Reminds me of the woman working the drive-thru today, the stormwinds were about to blow the vertical columns haolding up the roof of the drive-thru over and I pointed them out to her. She could not fathom what I meant by "columns" just as these athiests cannot fathom what a Christians sees as "faith". You are all like insecure women constantly demanding "proof" from your man that your Man loves you- sheesh.

outdoors

#2798 Jul 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
...!!
Most amusing.
No different than you, sheldon, no difference at all. Do you really think your rules governing Christianity make any difference to me at all?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2799 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>When you are smart enough to look up and grasp the meaning of the word "brave", please tell me how it applies in this particular case. I have already determined you aren't smart enough to do so on your own, so find a child to help you.
By dodging the question you demonstrate it perfectly - you're a simple minded coward with no proof of god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2800 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Of all the athiests I've ever met, the ones on these pages would argue with a stump if they thought it wasn't agreeing with them. Reminds me of the woman working the drive-thru today, the stormwinds were about to blow the vertical columns haolding up the roof of the drive-thru over and I pointed them out to her. She could not fathom what I meant by "columns" just as these athiests cannot fathom what a Christians sees as "faith". You are all like insecure women constantly demanding "proof" from your man that your Man loves you- sheesh.
Shaddap you failed immoral creationist troll. Go back to the Dickscovery Shitstitute and wedge that document up your constipated neocon behind.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2801 Jul 10, 2013
<quoted text>
And?
...!!
Most amusing.
His faith is fake. We know this because he only wants to follow the edicts of God that are convenient for him to follow.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2802 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
Juvenile taunts duly noted.

As is the extreme irony of you, talking about arguing with a stump...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2803 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No different than you, sheldon, no difference at all. Do you really think your rules governing Christianity make any difference to me at all?
Juvenile taunts duly noted, as is the extreme irony of you thinking there are actually rules governing christianity....!

Too funny!

You certainly do not follow any rules contained anywhere apart from your own pitiful little hate-filled mind.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2804 Jul 10, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
His faith is fake. We know this because he only wants to follow the edicts of God that are convenient for him to follow.
Yep.

Classic hypocrisy syndrome.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2805 Jul 10, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
faith in something that has been proven false is not rational. it is not faith at all, it is indoctrination into a proven cult.

yes, we fathom you completely...

outdoors

#2806 Jul 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
By dodging the question you demonstrate it perfectly - you're a simple minded coward with no proof of god.
Very childish of you to attempt to argue a baseless point. I'm ignoring you after this as I would anyone's belligerent child.

outdoors

#2807 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Juvenile taunts duly noted.
As is the extreme irony of you, talking about arguing with a stump...
Bob, you're what is refered to as an "armchair quarterback". You tell people what to do, how to act, what to think, how to think, etc. All the while never following the rules you insist they follow. Pitiful. Another sheldon.

outdoors

#2808 Jul 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>faith in something that has been proven false is not rational. it is not faith at all, it is indoctrination into a proven cult.
yes, we fathom you completely...
I know God is real- you don't. Your loss, not mine.

outdoors

#2809 Jul 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap you failed immoral creationist troll. Go back to the Dickscovery Shitstitute and wedge that document up your constipated neocon behind.
Ah, the first resort of a loser, childish rhetoric. Please do continue so's I can laugh some more.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2810 Jul 11, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I know God is real- you don't. Your loss, not mine.
And we know you are delusional. That is everyone's loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min ChristineM 20,082
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Thinking 35,012
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min ChristineM 14,939
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 3 hr Thinking 153
There are no such things as gods or fairies 4 hr Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 4 hr Amused 163
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 4 hr Amused 138
More from around the web