Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2750 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are F::::k up. Thanks for sharing.
Proof you are batshit insane.

Thanks!

Your continued display of unlimited **hate** for others is also quite apparent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2751 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are F::::k up. Thanks for sharing.
And your other sock, "atheists are evil" is also batshit insane.

You all are, in fact: all of your sock-puppets.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2752 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL- sheldon, your paranoia is showing again.
Batshit insane, again.

I find it funny you watch an ATHEIST TV show, "The Big Bang Theory".

The creators are both atheists, you know.

That is why the show is **FUNNY**, of course.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2753 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm prochoice. Unlike bob, I don't propose to tell people what to do with their bodies and I don't believe the Life has begun until the third trimester.
Oh you little liar-- you support the ugly religion, Genuine Christianity™, which leads you sheep around like ... well... sheep.

And you keep **voting** for azzholes who pay lip-service to your pathetic and ugly hate-cult, Genuine Christianity™.

Since the majority of your ugly cult is anti-women?

You are too-- by tacit support.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2754 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh this post is hilarious, sheldon- you've spent a good part of your life on here condemning people for having faith in God and NOW you tell us that worshiping a hairbrush is acceptable to you. My my such a brave hypocritical lit-tle man.
About an hour or so a day, on average.

So what? It amuses me to reveal you ugly god-robots for the hate-filled bigots you are.

As I said: I don't give a rat-f88ck **what** you choose to worship.

Be it your hair brush, or that pile of shyt your unhousebroken dog just left in the middle of your living room (to go with all the others).

It's when your **bigotry** and **hate** gets made into ugly **law** that bothers me.

That, and when you **lie** here on Atheist threads like you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2755 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you identify with tv characters...much like your "dinosaur theory"...they aren't real, either. Hope that doesn't hurt too much.
I find it amusing you watch an **atheist** TV show.

Just as you pretend that your Jewsus was a real character (he wasn't).

Just as you pretend your ugly bible is "of god" (it isn't).

Just as you pretend your unproven god is ... real (it's not).

You are kind of a sad-sack, really.

You're also a hypocrite to the core of your personality.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2756 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, you identify with tv characters...much like your "dinosaur theory"...they aren't real, either..
The TV characters are more real that your silly Jewsus and/or god is/was, silly boyo.

Much more real-- for they are played by actual... people.

Your Jewsus/god? Not so much.

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2757 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
. Hope that doesn't hurt too much.
You cannot hurt me at all-- ever.

You lack the requsite skills.

More to the point? I refuse to give you that power.

But.

Clearly?

I cause **you** a great deal of pain....

....!!!(as evidenced by your descent in to childish name-calling and worse)

How sad for you!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2758 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm prochoice. Unlike bob, I don't propose to tell people what to do with their bodies and I don't believe the Life has begun until the third trimester.
And it may be the case that you are one of the Christians I don't mind having around. What is your view on gay marriage?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2759 Jul 7, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Need? it doesn't need a spokesperson. But some people are better at stating their positions than others.

[QUOTE]"you* don't know science very well. You don't know what scientists claim and you don't know why they claim it."
This is incorrect of course, I am well aware of your 3 myths."

And that is where you are simply wrong. Your 'three myths' are not principles actually believed by most scientists. That is partly because you completely misunderstand what scientists say and partly because you simply lie.

[QUOTE]"most atheists *do* have beliefs and do follow a system of ethics. It's just that these beliefs and and ethics do not follow from atheism alone. "
"Do I believe in string theory?”
Greene response:
“No. I only believe in things that are proven.”
"

Relevance? I by no means see string theory as proven. I see it as *one* of the plausible theories for a quantum theory of gravity. It has to be tested *much* more extensively before it is either proven or disproved
"Need? it doesn't need a spokesperson. But some people are better at stating their positions than others."

Some people can explain their non belief?

Others can't?

"Your 'three myths' are not principles actually believed by most scientists. That is partly because you completely misunderstand what scientists say and partly because you simply lie."

Now you know we have been all over the nothing exploding and creating everything argument that you believe in.

You've agreed that when there was no time there was "nothing", zipville, nada!
You've also agreed that time started 13.7 billion years ago

Your Myth number 1 (Everything from nothing all in one Big Bang).

Location hidden

#2760 Jul 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Proof you are batshit insane.

Thanks!

Your continued display of unlimited **hate** for others is also quite apparent.
You need to get off the 90 proof stuff

Location hidden

#2761 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>And your other sock, "atheists are evil" is also batshit insane.

You all are, in fact: all of your sock-puppets.
booby look up the IP address. MG you're dumb.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2762 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Need? it doesn't need a spokesperson. But some people are better at stating their positions than others."
Some people can explain their non belief?
Others can't?
"Your 'three myths' are not principles actually believed by most scientists. That is partly because you completely misunderstand what scientists say and partly because you simply lie."
Now you know we have been all over the nothing exploding and creating everything argument that you believe in.
You've agreed that when there was no time there was "nothing", zipville, nada!
You've also agreed that time started 13.7 billion years ago
Your Myth number 1 (Everything from nothing all in one Big Bang).
so you are still unable to show which scientific theory says nothing exploded into everything? why?

Location hidden

#2763 Jul 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you are still unable to show which scientific theory says nothing exploded into everything? why?
Too deep for you tick boy.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2764 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Too deep for you tick boy.
not at all. you are just absolutely unable to back up the lies you keep spewing, even after you have been shown they are lies.

so, again, which scientific theory says nothing exploded into everything in the universe? why can't you come up with this supposed theory you keep touting?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2765 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get off the 90 proof stuff
I don't drink. But you? You are batshit insane.

Literally.

Get help, before you hurt someone else (you've already destroyed your own miserable life)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2766 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
booby look up the IP address. MG you're dumb.
IP spoofing is dirt simple.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2767 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe that ethical questions are questions about how humans interact with other humans and their environment, not questions about what some deity desires or plans.
No wonder he goes by the name of The Almighty Tzar. In czarist days, it was what the Tzar desired or planned that was the moral guideline for Russians, no matter how cruel or capricious that monarch was.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2768 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And it may be the case that you are one of the Christians I don't mind having around. What is your view on gay marriage?
Don't care about that, either. Of course, bob aka sheldon will tell you I do, but then he's convinced that all Christians MUST believe the same thing- he apparently believes that Christians aren't allowed to think for themselves on the myriad of issues that crop up every day. I'm suprised he hasn't brought up that we as a group must buy the same brands of groceries based not on taste or variety but based on whether or not the manufacturer supports the Church. Me personally, I'll minimize my purchases of foreign-made items and foreign-grown produce as much as possible, but poor ol' sheldon is like a dog with a bone. Keep watching and thanks for the question.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2769 Jul 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You cannot hurt me at all-- ever.
You lack the requsite skills.
More to the point? I refuse to give you that power.
But.
Clearly?
I cause **you** a great deal of pain....
....!!!(as evidenced by your descent in to childish name-calling and worse)
How sad for you!
"great deal of pain"? LOL- please sheldon, my petname for you is rather recent BUT you cannot keep from using juvenile verbage and infantile insults with each and every post you make. I'm thinking you are somehow deformed or deseased or so ugly that women are repulsed by the mere sight of you- one or more of these is the only reason you are so venomous towards God. I suppose smiling is painful for you as well. You do have my empathy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min IB DaMann 43,152
A Universe from Nothing? 5 min u196533dm 482
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 min IB DaMann 3,837
Good arguments against Christianity 27 min thetruth 179
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 31 min thetruth 5,685
News New Jersey woman will get to use '8THEIST' lice... 52 min Chazofsaints 4
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min Regolith Based Li... 18,493
More from around the web