Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2710 Jul 5, 2013
I only post as "Thinking".
Don't judge others by your low standards.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>One time- I responded with an acceptable sentence and you chose to attempt a poor joke at my expense. NOW you're trying to recover your dignity. Mighty poor attempt as well. Why don't you change your troll-name and try again?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2711 Jul 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It is highly doubtful you **ever** attended college, let alone philosophy class...
He probably went to one of those Christian colleges where science=God did it and philosophy consist of only buybull studies.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2712 Jul 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I only post as "Thinking".
Don't judge others by your low standards.
<quoted text>
Keep trying, friend- you may get there yet.

outdoors

#2713 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably went to one of those Christian colleges where science=God did it and philosophy consist of only buybull studies.
Nope, try again. I only took 3 hours of Philosophy for my General Studies requrements. I also took three hours of Art Appreciation for the same reason. Six hours of Psychology- same reason. Eight hours of Military Science- same reason. Knowledge seemed to make me curious for more knowledge, different knowledge. I also took three hours of Wood Technology and eight hours of a Fire Science class which earned me a EMT certificate. The only Colleges I took no classes in were Nursing and Business- at least of the offerings at my school. In short, your "probably" is wrong.

outdoors

#2714 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You did so claim to represent your god-- every time you wrote of what you insist your god is like, or is going to do, or what you claim your god disapproves of.
That is what representing means, doofus.
And?
You demonstrate your hate with nearly every post you post...
Ah, back to inventing your own definitions of words to fit your criteria- more 'patterning" bob.

outdoors

#2715 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I doubt you even took a single class... your obvious lack of education betrays this pretty clearly.
I doubt you have any real friends...your lack of tolerance of the beliefs of others betrays this pretty clearly.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2716 Jul 5, 2013
Au contraire.

I have no wish to get down to your low standards.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Keep trying, friend- you may get there yet.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2717 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... I could see him doing that. A complete waste of time, those Genuine Christian™ "colleges".

Unless you are planning on becoming a televangelist, of course...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2718 Jul 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, back to inventing your own definitions of words to fit your criteria- more 'patterning" bob.
You are so ignorant, you actually think-- that ALL WORDS have ONLY ONE DEFINITION.

Wow... you ARE stupid.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2719 Jul 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you have any real friends...your lack of tolerance of the beliefs of others betrays this pretty clearly.
Says the moron who thinks Jewsus rode on the backs of dinosaurs....

... and that words have only ONE meaning.... the meaning of which only YOU get to choose, too....!

Moron.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2720 Jul 6, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, I DO hope you realize that it's true whether you believe it or not... just as God is real whether you believe or not. He is dissappointed in you, I couldn't care less.
So then you are saying leprechauns are real.

outdoors

#2721 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You are so ignorant, you actually think-- that ALL WORDS have ONLY ONE DEFINITION.
Wow... you ARE stupid.
Wrong again, bob- I know words can have more than one definition. I spent a bit of my childhood reading a set of encyclopedias and seguayed to Webster every now and then to clarify some fact. Also, your opinion isn't the yardstick of what constitutes intelligence, much as you would crave it were so. I think I'm going to simply refer to you as "sheldon"- that's the fictional joke of a character you remind me of.

outdoors

#2722 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Says the moron who thinks Jewsus rode on the backs of dinosaurs....
... and that words have only ONE meaning.... the meaning of which only YOU get to choose, too....!
Moron.
Your knowledge of paleontology is severely lacking, sheldon, dinosaurs died out eons before Man trod the earth.

outdoors

#2723 Jul 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are saying leprechauns are real.
I've never mentioned leprechauns, friend- your bobclone persona is strong.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2724 Jul 6, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, bob- I know words can have more than one definition. I spent a bit of my childhood reading a set of encyclopedias and seguayed to Webster every now and then to clarify some fact. Also, your opinion isn't the yardstick of what constitutes intelligence, much as you would crave it were so. I think I'm going to simply refer to you as "sheldon"- that's the fictional joke of a character you remind me of.
After you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying about, we'd all be converted.

outdoors

#2725 Jul 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
After you're brave enough to prove the god you're lying about, we'd all be converted.
I don't HAVE to prove anything friend, any more than you can stop demanding I do so. As soon as you realize that it isn't a matter of bravery, you'll realize that I have already figured out you're simply being deliberately belligerent about it- my goodness aren't you a brave brave internet ninja.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2726 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, bob- I know words can have more than one definition.
Oh, pardon me! I should have said: "you think words only mean what **you** want them to mean".

... uggg.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2727 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Your knowledge of paleontology is severely lacking, sheldon, dinosaurs died out eons before Man trod the earth.
Agreed-- yet? You idiot Genuine Christholes™ actually believe dinosaurs were sequestered on Noah's ark....!

You are literally nuck-futz.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2728 Jul 7, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I don't HAVE to prove anything friend,
Oh, but you DO.

Else you are just lying.

Which is it?

outdoors

#2729 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Agreed-- yet? You idiot Genuine Christholes™ actually believe dinosaurs were sequestered on Noah's ark....!
You are literally nuck-futz.
Prove it, sheldon. Prove it. Now you profess to tell people what they believe, how childish of you, sheldon. Thankfully you are also using childish rhetoric to prove me right yet again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Thinking 40,550
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 28 min Thinking 237
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min IB DaMann 255,971
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min ChristineM 16,017
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,665
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 3 hr Thinking 12
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Thinking 24,074
More from around the web