Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2690 Jul 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Laughing and breakfast are mutually exclusive for you? That's quite a cross you have to bear.
<quoted text>
Well, genius- laughing WHILE eating, regardless of the meal can be quite messy. Perhaps you were raised to find spitting your food to be acceptable...unless this was just a feeble attempt to use the phrase "mutually exclusive"...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2691 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, I DO hope you realize that it's true whether you believe it or not... just as God is real whether you believe or not. He is dissappointed in you, I couldn't care less.
Atheists aren't threatened by the imaginations of theists.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2692 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well, genius- laughing WHILE eating, regardless of the meal can be quite messy. Perhaps you were raised to find spitting your food to be acceptable...unless this was just a feeble attempt to use the phrase "mutually exclusive"...
After you're brave enough to proof the god you're lying about you wont need to spam this forum with creationist nonsense.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2693 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>His existence hasn't been proven false, bob.
Nope. The hatefilled bigots like YOU who claim to REPRESENT this god?

That?

That is 100% proof that god DOES NOT exist!

No self-respecting deity would suffer the likes of YOU to represent it.
huntcoyotes wrote:
He just hasn't been proven to those who would deny He exists- big difference.
See above.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2694 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong bob- I haven't threatened you with hell
False. You have, on multiple occasions-- chiefly when you claimed your bible was real. THAT is more than sufficient proof.
huntcoyotes wrote:
and I don't believe there IS anything worse,
So? You think the bible is real...! What **you** believe is not actual reality, so...
huntcoyotes wrote:
so you're wrong yet again. Twice in one sentence.
Nope. See above. You, lying, does not magically bend reality.
huntcoyotes wrote:
Christianity began with Christ, not Constantine,
Wrong again-- study History of your ugly cult.

Prior to Constantine? There were **no** christians! None!

And the word "christ" was added much later that your alleged "jesus" character anyway.
huntcoyotes wrote:
so you're wrong yet again. Thank you for starting my day off with a chuckle instead of the bagel I usually have.
You think lying is FUNNY?

Hmmm.... that explains... much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2695 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That wasn't a very good effort, pal. You're starting to remind me off the tipsy patrons I had to deal with years ago when I was a bouncer in a college bar. Intelligent but making little sense with the intellect due to an inability to think straight.
More of your making-up-shyt again.

But at least you don't try to claim you actually ***went** to college...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2696 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, I DO hope you realize that it's true whether you believe it or not... just as God is real whether you believe or not. He is dissappointed in you, I couldn't care less.
4 lies in one go... nice one!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2697 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>He has, I recall going over it in my philosophy class- just cannot remember who the author was. Extremely well-written is all I can recall.
It is highly doubtful you **ever** attended college, let alone philosophy class...
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2698 Jul 4, 2013
Actually, I have impeccable table manners. I don't hold a steak knife like a pen.

You, however, said laughing (perhaps just once) prevents you from eating a bagel.

What are you compensating for?
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well, genius- laughing WHILE eating, regardless of the meal can be quite messy. Perhaps you were raised to find spitting your food to be acceptable...unless this was just a feeble attempt to use the phrase "mutually exclusive"...
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2699 Jul 4, 2013
So well written you can't remember?

jesus culting christ you are a joke. Albeit one poorly told.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>He has, I recall going over it in my philosophy class- just cannot remember who the author was. Extremely well-written is all I can recall.
LCN Llin

United States

#2700 Jul 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary moronic statements, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that every word tell.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#2701 Jul 4, 2013
Elephant chequebook yes.
LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary moronic statements, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that every word tell.

outdoors

#2702 Jul 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The hatefilled bigots like YOU who claim to REPRESENT this god?
That?
That is 100% proof that god DOES NOT exist!
No self-respecting deity would suffer the likes of YOU to represent it.
<quoted text>
See above.
You're beginning to set a pattern, bob- wrong again, twice in one sentence again. I'm not "hatefilled" and I never claimed "to REPRESENT this god?" I don't know where you're getting the idea that hate exists within me- except that you're (again) showing your paranoia. Yep, a pattern.

outdoors

#2703 Jul 4, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your making-up-shyt again.
But at least you don't try to claim you actually ***went** to college...
Ah, but I did- I already told you I earned a BS...surely you won't stoop to making a poor joke of that...wait...I forgot who I was responding to...

outdoors

#2704 Jul 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Actually, I have impeccable table manners. I don't hold a steak knife like a pen.
You, however, said laughing (perhaps just once) prevents you from eating a bagel.
What are you compensating for?
<quoted text>
One time- I responded with an acceptable sentence and you chose to attempt a poor joke at my expense. NOW you're trying to recover your dignity. Mighty poor attempt as well. Why don't you change your troll-name and try again?

outdoors

#2705 Jul 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
It was quite a few years ago, friend. Like some events in one's life- we remember what is important to us or events that molded us. I can remember my favorite toys at the age of three and the first girl I kissed but not what I had for breakfast three days ago. I remember being bored by a pentecostal preacher (eight years ago) screaming about a Book of the Old Testament but being in awe of another petacostal preacher (20 years ago) enlightening us on tithing. No, I'm not a pentacostal. I was curious about that branch is all. If you can remember everything that has happened in your life, then more power to you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2706 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You're beginning to set a pattern, bob- wrong again, twice in one sentence again.
Really? Or is it you are simply lying to yourself, now?

(or was that "always"?... yeah, it was)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2707 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
I'm not "hatefilled" and I never claimed "to REPRESENT this god?"
You did so claim to represent your god-- every time you wrote of what you insist your god is like, or is going to do, or what you claim your god disapproves of.

That is what representing means, doofus.

And?

You demonstrate your hate with nearly every post you post...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2708 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but I did- I already told you I earned a BS...surely you won't stoop to making a poor joke of that...wait...I forgot who I was responding to...
I doubt you even took a single class... your obvious lack of education betrays this pretty clearly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2709 Jul 4, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>It was quite a few years ago, friend. Like some events in one's life- we remember what is important to us or events that molded us. I can remember my favorite toys at the age of three and the first girl I kissed but not what I had for breakfast three days ago. I remember being bored by a pentecostal preacher (eight years ago) screaming about a Book of the Old Testament but being in awe of another petacostal preacher (20 years ago) enlightening us on tithing. No, I'm not a pentacostal. I was curious about that branch is all. If you can remember everything that has happened in your life, then more power to you.
Here? You demonstrate your hypocrisy.

Imagine that-- you criticizing your own brand like the above.

You are no better than that "pentacostal"[sp] preacher you complain about above.

You both worship at the same fictional delusion, after all.

But the pentecostal preacher is actually more **honest** than you are--- he tries (and fails) to follow more of the bible than you.

You're both wrong, of course...

Sad, really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 41 min ATHEOI 291
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Richardfs 45,481
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 541
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 257,123
There are no such things as gods or fairies 5 hr u196533dm 188
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 7 hr Thinking 427
News Atheist Rev. Gretta Vosper should be terminated... 8 hr Amused 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr karl44 20,239
More from around the web