Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 20 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2670 Jul 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That hate you think I'm "projecting"?
Is simply valid criticism of your ugly and hate-filled religious beliefs.
You think it's hate, because my just criticism of your religion makes you really mad-- and you hate me for that.
You are literally awash in a hate-cult so deep, you don't even realize how much hate you show, when you talk about it.
Sad.
I don't hate you, bob- I pity you. I also laugh at you so it kind of balances things out.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2671 Jul 1, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate you, bob
Liar. You hate me so much, I have no doubts at all, you'd kill me if you thought you could get away with it.

Your words have shown that statement to be quite accurate-- it is the way of you Genuine Christians™ after all: you have made it your history of killing non-christians since your ugly cult was fabricated by the first murder-in-chief, Constantine.

When he fabricated this ugly cult, he sent his armies out to "convert" people or kill them if they refused.

Your cult started with a program of murder; but it will end with a whimper, as it fades out of significance.

Another reason why you hate us so.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2672 Jul 2, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate you, bob- I pity you. I also laugh at you so it kind of balances things out.
Yeah, your sugar coating hatred doesn't work anymore.

outdoors

#2673 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Liar. You hate me so much, I have no doubts at all, you'd kill me if you thought you could get away with it.
Your words have shown that statement to be quite accurate-- it is the way of you Genuine Christians™ after all: you have made it your history of killing non-christians since your ugly cult was fabricated by the first murder-in-chief, Constantine.
When he fabricated this ugly cult, he sent his armies out to "convert" people or kill them if they refused.
Your cult started with a program of murder; but it will end with a whimper, as it fades out of significance.
Another reason why you hate us so.
Your paranoia is showing, bob- I don't know where you got the idea that I'm violent. Also, I never worked for Constantine. Could you maybe get back to this century sometime? Thanks so much.

outdoors

#2674 Jul 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, your sugar coating hatred doesn't work anymore.
You aren't nearly as entertaining as bob- could you work on that?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2675 Jul 2, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't nearly as entertaining as bob- could you work on that?
Coward with no proof of god.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2676 Jul 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, only someone who openly acknowledges the proven fact that all the man-made gods are false. and the cults that made them are based on these proven lies...

grow up and enter the real world.
Your real world:(LOL)

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2677 Jul 2, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your real world:(LOL)
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
Please show me the scientific theory that says nothing exploding into everything...

outdoors

#2678 Jul 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward with no proof of god.
I'm definitely not a coward and you idiots wouldn't believe in God if His existence couldn't be referenced on the internet or a college text book.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2679 Jul 2, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm definitely not a coward and you idiots wouldn't believe in God if His existence couldn't be referenced on the internet or a college text book.
why would a rational person 'believe' in something that has been proven false?

your 'belief' is rightly called indoctrination...how cults get people to 'believe' proven falsehoods.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2680 Jul 2, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Your paranoia is showing, bob- I don't know where you got the idea that I'm violent.
Your hateful attitude? Your threats of hell and worse? Duuuhhhh.
huntcoyotes wrote:
Also, I never worked for Constantine. Could you maybe get back to this century sometime? Thanks so much.
Constantine invented your ugly hate-cult, silly boyo!

The first "christians" did not exist, prior to Constantine's fabrication of a new religion.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#2681 Jul 3, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't nearly as entertaining as bob- could you work on that?
It's so nice when you accept that you just hate everyone, but why must you continue to try to sugar coat it?
Thinking

York, UK

#2682 Jul 3, 2013
So why can't it?
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm definitely not a coward and you idiots wouldn't believe in God if His existence couldn't be referenced on the internet or a college text book.

outdoors

#2683 Jul 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would a rational person 'believe' in something that has been proven false?
your 'belief' is rightly called indoctrination...how cults get people to 'believe' proven falsehoods.
His existence hasn't been proven false, bob. He just hasn't been proven to those who would deny He exists- big difference.

outdoors

#2684 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Your hateful attitude? Your threats of hell and worse? Duuuhhhh.
<quoted text>
Constantine invented your ugly hate-cult, silly boyo!
The first "christians" did not exist, prior to Constantine's fabrication of a new religion.
Wrong bob- I haven't threatened you with hell and I don't believe there IS anything worse, so you're wrong yet again. Twice in one sentence. Christianity began with Christ, not Constantine, so you're wrong yet again. Thank you for starting my day off with a chuckle instead of the bagel I usually have.

outdoors

#2685 Jul 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so nice when you accept that you just hate everyone, but why must you continue to try to sugar coat it?
That wasn't a very good effort, pal. You're starting to remind me off the tipsy patrons I had to deal with years ago when I was a bouncer in a college bar. Intelligent but making little sense with the intellect due to an inability to think straight.
Thinking

York, UK

#2686 Jul 3, 2013
Laughing and breakfast are mutually exclusive for you? That's quite a cross you have to bear.
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for starting my day off with a chuckle instead of the bagel I usually have.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#2687 Jul 3, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>That wasn't a very good effort, pal. You're starting to remind me off the tipsy patrons I had to deal with years ago when I was a bouncer in a college bar. Intelligent but making little sense with the intellect due to an inability to think straight.
Nice story, but you believe fairytales are real and thus none can trust a word of your stories.

outdoors

#2688 Jul 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice story, but you believe fairytales are real and thus none can trust a word of your stories.
Ah, I DO hope you realize that it's true whether you believe it or not... just as God is real whether you believe or not. He is dissappointed in you, I couldn't care less.

outdoors

#2689 Jul 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So why can't it?
<quoted text>
He has, I recall going over it in my philosophy class- just cannot remember who the author was. Extremely well-written is all I can recall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 6 min Samoan Irish 459
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Uncle Sam 238,296
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr dirtclod 18,840
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism 7 hr thetruth 1,341
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... 23 hr geezerjock 1
More from around the web