Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Religion Dispatched

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Comments
2,601 - 2,620 of 3,766 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science."
BRIAN GREENE:
As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.
S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.
Yes, so our laws of physics are still incomplete, they still got us to the Moon. Prayer has done nothing for us.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you're lost doesn't mean others don't understand it.
Poor ticky. Wants some real attention but can't think on his own.
so no answer then....
if you understand this stuff you copy and paste, why can't you answer even one single question about it?

could you even explain what you copy in your own words? if you can't, you cannot say you really understand it...(which we all know you don't...)

c'mon, it'll be fun! give it a try...just once use your own thoughts. we could use the laughs.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so our laws of physics are still incomplete, they still got us to the Moon. Prayer has done nothing for us.
it has killed a lot of people...probably more than anything else humans have ever created.

so it has that going for it...which is nice...
LCN Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Apollo 13 comes to mind. Was watching this the other evening with a group of friends. Logic and maturity got them home. Amazing film and flight

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it has killed a lot of people...probably more than anything else humans have ever created.
so it has that going for it...which is nice...
Praying is basically spell-casting.

It traces directly back to the old pagans idea that they can manipulate the very cosmos, with their own will.

By doing various ritual sayings and behaviors.

Even now, all modern praying has similar rituals and words you are required to say, to fulfill the spell-casing components.

It's still a selfish desire to change the very universe to fit your own will.

Sickening, really.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LCN Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Apollo 13 comes to mind. Was watching this the other evening with a group of friends. Logic and maturity got them home. Amazing film and flight
logic in using those laws of physics...

remember when they had to recalculate their re=-entry because they had no moon rocks with them...laws of physics.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahahahaha!!!!
he is absolutely correct. all the rituals are pretty much the same. look at how the monks and nuns and the muslims have their five times of prayer each day...

might as well just toss some salt over your shoulder and knock on wood. superstitious fools...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahahahaha!!!!
You going to cast some of your spells at me again?

Is this why you laugh? You know that nothing you do has **any** affect on **anything**?

Exactly like your do-nothing, imaginary god?

That **IS** funny!

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof the shroud is fake:
" http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article815.html... ;
And?
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."
I never claimed it was real, bob. Careful who you're accusing- keep your opinions straight.

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Praying is basically spell-casting.
It traces directly back to the old pagans idea that they can manipulate the very cosmos, with their own will.
By doing various ritual sayings and behaviors.
Even now, all modern praying has similar rituals and words you are required to say, to fulfill the spell-casing components.
It's still a selfish desire to change the very universe to fit your own will.
Sickening, really.
Same old lines, bob. Why don't you just type "Blah blah blah"?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Same old lines, bob. Why don't you just type "Blah blah blah"?
Because you keep repeating the same old lies, that need refuting in the same old way?

Yeah... that's pretty much it.

You cast any spells lately?

outdoors

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Because you keep repeating the same old lies, that need refuting in the same old way?
Yeah... that's pretty much it.
You cast any spells lately?
In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been on here for at least a week and unlike you, I don't feel the need to project hatred onto everyone who may disagree with me. No spells, either, as I tend to just say "Thank you". Have you got it straight now about me not endorsing the Shroud?
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Why capitalise the shroud?
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been on here for at least a week and unlike you, I don't feel the need to project hatred onto everyone who may disagree with me. No spells, either, as I tend to just say "Thank you". Have you got it straight now about me not endorsing the Shroud?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Why capitalise the shroud?
http://www.libraryonline.com/default.asp...

"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.

Holy Bible

- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.

Examples:
Bible -Scriptures -Word of God -Holy Bible -Old Testament -New Testament
-Gospels -Ten Commandments -Lord's Prayer -Gospels -Gospel of Luke
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions

Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.

Examples:
-Lord Supper - the Apostles Creed
-the Westminster Catechism -Nicene Creed

- Deity - Capitalize all names for Deity

Examples:
-Father -Almighty -God -Lord -Holy Spirit -Son of Man
-Messiah - Lord of Hosts -Redeemer -Savior - Holy Trinity

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc. However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god- Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses

Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh.

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Purdue OWLWriting LabOWL
NewsEngagementResearchContactS ite Map

General Writing Research and Citation Teaching and Tutoring Subject-Specific Writing Job Search Writing ESL
OWL Family of Sites > OWL > General Writing > Mechanics > Capital Letters

"The names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books"

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/59...

Capitalization

Sacred Writings/God/Religions:

ex.: Bible, Qur'an, Book of Job (not underlined)

God, Allah. The rules about pronouns referring to the deity vary; some reference works state that "He" or"His" or "Thee" are capitalized whenever "God" is capitalized. Some writers always put the pronouns in lower case. Check with your professors about their requirements.

Proper names of gods are capitalized: Krishna, Hera, Odin.

http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/cap...
Thinking

York, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

So I should write Fake Piss Sheet?
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.
Holy Bible
- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.
Examples:
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions
Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.
Examples:
Examples:
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc. However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
"god- Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses
Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh.
Purdue OWLWriting LabOWL
General Writing Research and Citation Teaching and Tutoring Subject-Specific Writing Job Search Writing ESL
Capitalization
God, Allah. The rules about pronouns referring to the deity vary; some reference works state that "He" or"His" or "Thee" are capitalized whenever "God" is capitalized. Some writers always put the pronouns in lower case. Check with your professors about their requirements.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been on here for at least a week and unlike you, I don't feel the need to project hatred onto everyone who may disagree with me. No spells, either, as I tend to just say "Thank you". Have you got it straight now about me not endorsing the Shroud?
That hate you think I'm "projecting"?

Is simply valid criticism of your ugly and hate-filled religious beliefs.

You think it's hate, because my just criticism of your religion makes you really mad-- and you hate me for that.

You are literally awash in a hate-cult so deep, you don't even realize how much hate you show, when you talk about it.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why capitalise the shroud?
<quoted text>
Because he BuhLEEVSE it is Magical.

:D

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Capitalization Rules
Holy Bible
Examples:
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions
Examples:
Examples:
gods and goddesses
Purdue OWLWriting LabOWL
Capitalization
why capitalize a proven myth of even the name of the cult that promotes it? it just lends weight to the bullshit you promulgate...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why capitalize a proven myth of even the name of the cult that promotes it? it just lends weight to the bullshit you promulgate...
Only a fool would ask that.

Hi fool!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a fool would ask that.
Hi fool!
no, only someone who openly acknowledges the proven fact that all the man-made gods are false. and the cults that made them are based on these proven lies...

grow up and enter the real world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••