Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#2320 Jun 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF?!?!? there isn't one teensy weensy shred of evidence that even suggests that maybe one should even consider that any god, gods or goddesses ever existed?
where do you get the crap you spew out?
the god of the man made religions has been proven false. no evidence for any other gods exists. not one shred.
There is as much evidence for God as there is for the multiverse spouted by scientists. The same evidence scientists use to say there are other universes is the same evidence to say there is a God. In the end it will prove God over a multiverse.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2321 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Shroud of Turin is proof of my God.
no, even if it is genuine, it is just proof someone was buried in it...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2322 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is as much evidence for God as there is for the multiverse spouted by scientists. The same evidence scientists use to say there are other universes is the same evidence to say there is a God. In the end it will prove God over a multiverse.
no, not even close...

there are many facts that suggest many universes, there is not one teensy weensy shred of a fact that even suggests any god, gods or goddesses.. not one. of you had one, you would have posted it by now.

no human has ever stumbled across a single shred of evidence for any gods...ever...not one...never.

“The New Breed Of Editing!”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2323 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
Nothing new. Atheists are naturally scared of Islam. Not only are they physically scared of Islam but also intellectually.
Intellectually scared? Haha is that a joke?

“The New Breed Of Editing!”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2324 Jun 17, 2013
peace n shaax123 wrote:
What I'm simply saying is that you have no prove that God doesn't exist. Therefor, you can't say God doesn't exists. simple.
You have no proof the Tooth Fairy exist...so why don't you believe in it. See how stupid your comment is...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2325 Jun 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Venter copied the DNA from one species of bacteria and inserted it into another. The second bacteria made all the proteins and organelles in the so-called “synthetic cell,” by following the specifications implicit in the structure of the inserted DNA. With out the using the other bacteria to make proteins and organelles, he would have nothing alive or living.
False. The DNA was 100% artificial. It was pieced together from **dead** chemicals, using a computer, which used a template created by the scientists. Sure, they borrowed snippets here and there, but it was 100% stored in the **computer**, assembled from a variety of sources.

The cell was **dead** it had no DNA, it could not replicate, it could not feed, it could not grow-- it was DEAD.

The DNA was created from **dead** chemical pieces, and assembled into working DNA.

The result was inserted into the DEAD cell.

Which came to life.

And started feeding, and growing, and reproducing-- faithfully replicating the ARTIFICIALLY ASSEMBLED DNA.

They could tell-- the cells also glowed. An artificial feature added by the scientists.

So you are simply full of shyt as is usual for godbots.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2326 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Little things impress little minds. I'm not impressed, it was only a matter of time before that was accomplished.
It proves that life does not need your mythical godling.

At all.

For anything.

But you brain-dead godbots appear to require an imaginary sky-fairy to keep you going, nights.

Pity you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2327 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wooooo, is that great big universe scare you like those nasty old Christians?
Christholes do not scare me in the least.

They are inept, greedy, selfish and pretty much mindless robots.

Eking out their pitiful lives like the sheep they so closely resemble.

Unfortunately, these morons **do** vote-- and the equally moronic people they vote **for** are literally ruining the country...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2328 Jun 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he knows better than you do in examining how you use "ignorant", which isn't necessarily an insult, though you use it as such. Of course we all know how well you like to make up new definitions for words.
The above is not a proof of your god.

Neither is it an argument for anything.

It's just you, desperately trying (and failing) to insult me once again.

How amusing. You actually wasted your time to write that drivel...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2329 Jun 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>These atheists worship quantom mechanics.
"worship"?

That is very demeaning of an activity for ANYONE to engage in.

I eschew worship in any form-- worship is what **slaves** do--when broken-- to their masters.

Worship is a very ugly thing; it demeans anyone who does it too.

So no-- atheists do not **worship** quantum mechanics.

But we accept that it is a pretty darn good explanation of how the universe works.

More to the point? Quantum mechanics-- WORKS. It successfully **predicts** the outcome of experiments. Which, in turn, prove it's worth.

Which is 100% better than **ANYTHING** You idiot godbots have done.

Ever.

In the history of the planet-- religion has found....

... what?

Answer: exactly zilch.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2330 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not religions job to go into the nuts and bolts of life but only give its purpose and direction.
If the "purpose" is a lie?

And the "direction" is basically hateful actions against non-members?

How is this good?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2331 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, God gives life purpose and direction. Thank you, religion just points it out.
Really?

You "know" this ... how?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2332 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Long since proven to be a fraud, no older than about 1100 or so.

Pity you: your entire faith is based on a fraud....

.... <no, I'm actually laughing at you-- so gullible you are, too>
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#2333 Jun 17, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Long since proven to be a fraud, no older than about 1100 or so.
Pity you: your entire faith is based on a fraud....
.... <no, I'm actually laughing at you-- so gullible you are, too>
Another false claim, what a surprise.

You are so full of crap and have no clue on the things you claim to be true. This false claim is just one of your many.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2334 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is as much evidence for God as there is for the multiverse spouted by scientists.
Shows how weak & dishonest your cult is compared to science that you have to lie about evidence.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2335 Jun 17, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Another false claim, what a surprise.
You are so full of crap and have no clue on the things you claim to be true. This false claim is just one of your many.
The hallmark of a theist - tells you you're wrong - NEVER explains why.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2336 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2337 Jun 18, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
Religion on Public Schools in 2013
• "See You at the Pole" began in Texas with 10 Christian students praying around their school flagpole in 1990. It has blossomed into a yearly ritual involving 1 million to 2 million public school students nationwide meeting on a designated September morning before class.
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2... .
We want you to submit proof of God.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2338 Jun 18, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're joking right?
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#2339 Jun 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves that life does not need your mythical godling.
At all.
For anything.
But you brain-dead godbots appear to require an imaginary sky-fairy to keep you going, nights.
Pity you.
Oh, your back. I thought you got lost in this big universe or hiding under a rock from those nasty Christians. Doesn't your tin foil cap protect you from those nasty Christians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 10 min emperorjohn 782
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 19 min Mad Tom 18,670
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min DanFromSmithville 43,359
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 40 min emperorjohn 21,226
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick 4,831
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 256,610
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Into The Night 598
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Eagle 12 10,080
More from around the web