Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3766 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2299 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not religions job to go into the nuts and bolts of life but only give its purpose and direction.
Religion's job is politely and respectfuly sit the f*ck down where matters of reality are concerned.

Location hidden

#2300 Jun 17, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Also the job of philosophy
Philosophers are jobless. I guess you don't come into contact with the real world that often.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2302 Jun 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars with no proof of god, can't back up their own stupidity and so attack established science (the same science being used & proven inside the creationist troll's computers)
Now theists, don't ask me to explain to you how this works, because all the information is out there. Your lazinesss cannot be helped.
I like the part where you use a gift from God (your worshiped QM) to prove He doesn't exist. I don't HAVE to know how to build a watch to use it- you don't have to know how to build a computer to use it, so don't ask...LOL. Keep demonstrating the difference between knowledge and wisdom- it amuses me.

Since: Jun 13

Satellite Provider

#2303 Jun 17, 2013
swerty wrote:
religion is organised paedophilia and terrorism
the whole concept about Christianity is centered around Jesus Christ
and believing in him and his resurrection in the forgiveness of sin for man kind .the only problem was brougth about by the roman Catholics making people now to roman laws forgeting the rigth doctrines in the bible and this is what has coused problems between the majority who can not understand and the minority who understands the concept very clear .

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2304 Jun 17, 2013
drajuruga isaac wrote:
<quoted text>
the whole concept about Christianity is centered around Jesus Christ
and believing in him and his resurrection in the forgiveness of sin for man kind .the only problem was brougth about by the roman Catholics making people now to roman laws forgeting the rigth doctrines in the bible and this is what has coused problems between the majority who can not understand and the minority who understands the concept very clear .
What the smeg??!!
LCN Lincoln

United States

#2305 Jun 17, 2013
Religion on Public Schools in 2013

• "See You at the Pole" began in Texas with 10 Christian students praying around their school flagpole in 1990. It has blossomed into a yearly ritual involving 1 million to 2 million public school students nationwide meeting on a designated September morning before class.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2... .
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2306 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not religions job to go into the nuts and bolts of life but only give its purpose and direction.
Religion hasn't given life purpose or direction yet. Religion is simply the last bastion of superstition.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2307 Jun 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>These atheists worship quantom mechanics.
No, we do not. We simply know that it has been extensively tested and verified. Worship is something theists do. if evidence were ever presented showing a flaw in QM, we would find another, more detailed theory and continue from there.
Other than that, if they cannot detect it by one or more of the five senses, it cannot legally exist in their minds.
Again, simply false. For example, radio waves are not detectable from any of the five senses. Nor are neutrons, x-rays, ultrasound, neutrinos, electrons, etc. What *is* required is that there be *some* reliable method of detection.
God knows this, He just goes ahead and exists anyway.
That is your myth. It has no evidence, no testability, and hence no substance and no validity.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2308 Jun 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I like the part where you use a gift from God (your worshiped QM) to prove He doesn't exist. I don't HAVE to know how to build a watch to use it- you don't have to know how to build a computer to use it, so don't ask...LOL. Keep demonstrating the difference between knowledge and wisdom- it amuses me.
Well, this explains a lot about you, you really just don't want to learn. That is why you hold onto a religion that's completely made up, so you can just make up more when you don't know and then claim you do know, even though you still don't know because you didn't actually take the time to learn anything.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#2309 Jun 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Religion hasn't given life purpose or direction yet. Religion is simply the last bastion of superstition.
You are right, God gives life purpose and direction. Thank you, religion just points it out.

Location hidden

#2310 Jun 17, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>I like the part where you use a gift from God (your worshiped QM) to prove He doesn't exist. I don't HAVE to know how to build a watch to use it- you don't have to know how to build a computer to use it, so don't ask...LOL. Keep demonstrating the difference between knowledge and wisdom- it amuses me.
Your mental illness prevents you from understanding the basic proven fact that there no such thing as god and I am not related to your religious hallucination in any way.

Maybe you will become better from this illness someday.

Location hidden

#2311 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, God gives life purpose and direction. Thank you, religion just points it out.
Dishonest liar with no proof of god trying twist words.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2312 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
More superstitious drivel. No such thing as gods or pixies.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#2313 Jun 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>More superstitious drivel. No such thing as gods or pixies.
So you say, you have no proof; only your bigoted attitude.

There is as much evidence for God as there is for the multiverse spouted by scientists. Show me another universe.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#2314 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is as much evidence for God as there is for the multiverse spouted by scientists. Show me another universe.
We see one universe, so there is a possibility of more than one.

You cannot show one god, and you have no evidence for your specific god either.
Dak-Original

Belfast, UK

#2315 Jun 17, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Religion hasn't given life purpose or direction yet. Religion is simply the last bastion of superstition.
Religion is and has been superstition plus other things. in developed and socially organised nation states, the state does things which were done by religious establishments and communities.
Humans invented religion as human psyche needed (needs even now?) a prop for the mind to "understand" calamities, evil intentions and death. It was discovered some 40 years ago that human brain then has space for belief type of things. Some fill that with belief in other things than religion e.g. political dogma or even football team. It was discovered recently that those patients who had faith faired better in getting well.
However, that does not mean religions can peddle fatous claims of "messages from GOD", miracles and "my faith's tale is truth or better than your religion's tales".

Belief is not same as an established fact at that point in time.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#2316 Jun 17, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is and has been superstition plus other things. in developed and socially organised nation states, the state does things which were done by religious establishments and communities.
Humans invented religion as human psyche needed (needs even now?) a prop for the mind to "understand" calamities, evil intentions and death. It was discovered some 40 years ago that human brain then has space for belief type of things. Some fill that with belief in other things than religion e.g. political dogma or even football team. It was discovered recently that those patients who had faith faired better in getting well.
However, that does not mean religions can peddle fatous claims of "messages from GOD", miracles and "my faith's tale is truth or better than your religion's tales".
Belief is not same as an established fact at that point in time.
Everything religion covers, we now understand scientifically. Only willfully ignorant people still hold onto myths and legends for solace because they don't want to take the time to learn anything real.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2317 Jun 17, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?!?!? there isn't one teensy weensy shred of evidence that even suggests that maybe one should even consider that any god, gods or goddesses ever existed?

where do you get the crap you spew out?

the god of the man made religions has been proven false. no evidence for any other gods exists. not one shred.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2318 Jun 17, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
Religion on Public Schools in 2013
• "See You at the Pole" began in Texas with 10 Christian students praying around their school flagpole in 1990. It has blossomed into a yearly ritual involving 1 million to 2 million public school students nationwide meeting on a designated September morning before class.
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2... .
good for them, people should take care of their personal business on their own time.

this is not religion ins schools, this is people practicing their faith outside of school time, as is regulated by law...
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#2319 Jun 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We see one universe, so there is a possibility of more than one.
You cannot show one god, and you have no evidence for your specific god either.
The Shroud of Turin is proof of my God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 min ChristineM 10,063
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 18,591
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Knower of nothing 43,301
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,198
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Eagle 12 768
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Eagle 12 217
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,574
More from around the web