Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Atheist Islamophobia... Again

There are 3765 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Apr 9, 2013, titled Atheist Islamophobia... Again. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

huntcoyotes

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2138 Jun 12, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
teaching kids to reject sense and reason is child abuse.
telling them that they must whoreship a baby-hacking god or they'll be tormented for eternity is child abuse.
Failing to equip children with the necessary intelligence to parse fact and fiction is child abuse.
Scaring a child into believeing fairy tales is child abuse.
Telling a children things you know to be lies is child abuse.
Religion, in particular christianity, does all of those.
any more questions?
Yeah, when did I do any of this? If you're going to assume I do these things, then you're only half-right (the first half of "assume"). I don't preach to children and I don't tell 'em scary stories to give them nightmares. I don'teven endorse the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." prayer. i'll answer their questions...carefully and if they try to back me into a corner, I turn it over to their parents.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2139 Jun 12, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Please, do some research and show me where I said so.
Personally, I couldn't be bothered myself to trawl through your endless nonsense..
so let's make this quick.

1. is your bible fact?
2. does your bible lie?

when you're done, we can get on with it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2140 Jun 12, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
So then you are admitting that the bibles are all just myths.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2141 Jun 12, 2013
bnzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I couldn't be bothered myself to trawl through your endless nonsense..
so let's make this quick.
1. is your bible fact?
2. does your bible lie?
when you're done, we can get on with it.
no, and yes. proven lies.

don't expect a cult member to renounce his cult...it is all his little mind has.

Location hidden

#2142 Jun 12, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, when did I do any of this? If you're going to assume I do these things, then you're only half-right (the first half of "assume"). I don't preach to children and I don't tell 'em scary stories to give them nightmares. I don'teven endorse the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." prayer. i'll answer their questions...carefully and if they try to back me into a corner, I turn it over to their parents.
As soon as you pick up your book and hand it to kids - you've done every single one of those things. In their eyes, you've just given them a book of facts.

So yes, you do. it's child abuse.

Location hidden

#2143 Jun 12, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
so tell us:
do you hold your bible to be fact?
does it contains things which require "intepretation"?

answer the question please.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2145 Jun 12, 2013
God endorses slavery. He even set up laws as to how slavery was to be carried out, and goes as far as Okaying beating them. Exodus 21:2-6

God sanctioned the selling of ones daughter. How can any being tell another to literally sell their child into slavery? Disgusting! Exodus 21:7

Exodus 22:18 God orders the death of witches, sorceresses and anyone who practices magic. Sadly enough, this verse was justification for the Inquisition.

Exodus 32:27 God ordered to be killed, 3,000 Israelites for no greater crime than worshipping a golden calf. I don’t know about you but death is a pretty harsh fucking punishment.

Leviticus 20:9-10 God commands death for cursing out ones parents and death for adultery. Gee, with these types of laws the population should be almost nil by now.

Once again god is a homophobe, or at the very least, a bigot. Leviticus 20:13

Handicapped people must not approach the altar. Leviticus 21:16-23
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text><yawn> More made-up definitions and baseless "facts".

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#2146 Jun 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. I have the world's worth of FACTS to back it up.
1) teaching an innocent child he is born "with sin" (or in other words-- he's lower than dirt, just because he's born) IS ABUSE
2) trying to scare the crap out of little kids, by threats of hell and worse, is ABUSE
3) promising little kids, the beloved relative "X is in heaven" when you know full well that is a lie, is ABUSE. How do I know you know it's not true? YOU WAIL, YOU CRY, YOU GET DEPRESSED WHEN THEY DIE. Just like everyone else. If you REALLY BELIEVED they were in "a better place"? YOU WOULD BE HAPPY FOR THEM.
Shall I go on, you abusive hate-cultist?
God created us, allows us to inherit this "original sin," then he insist that we need to beg before him for forgiveness. It sound like God is a mad doctor to me.I remember watching this case of a nurse who would purposely poison people so that her boyfriend(who worked on the security detail) could watch her at work helping the people she was poisoning.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#2147 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are admitting that the bibles are all just myths.
So then you are admitting you lied about me. You cannot prove what you said.

huntcoyotes

outdoors

#2148 Jun 13, 2013
swerty wrote:
God endorses slavery. He even set up laws as to how slavery was to be carried out, and goes as far as Okaying beating them. Exodus 21:2-6
God sanctioned the selling of ones daughter. How can any being tell another to literally sell their child into slavery? Disgusting! Exodus 21:7
Exodus 22:18 God orders the death of witches, sorceresses and anyone who practices magic. Sadly enough, this verse was justification for the Inquisition.
Exodus 32:27 God ordered to be killed, 3,000 Israelites for no greater crime than worshipping a golden calf. I don’t know about you but death is a pretty harsh fucking punishment.
Leviticus 20:9-10 God commands death for cursing out ones parents and death for adultery. Gee, with these types of laws the population should be almost nil by now.
Once again god is a homophobe, or at the very least, a bigot. Leviticus 20:13
Handicapped people must not approach the altar. Leviticus 21:16-23
<quoted text>
"God" didn't do these things, Man did. As I said ealier, I don't pay much attention to the Old Testament. Depending on which sect you attend, there are Books included and excluded in the OT that just adds to the secularism of Christianity. I attended a church one Easter Sunday that amazed me- the preacher mentioned Christ only once- he is one who dwells almost exclusively in the OT, needless to say I did not go back. I believe in the Spirit of Christianity as much as the Word. That's something poor bob and you bobclones cannot get through your head. If the Bible were a path, you would insist on trodding on e-v-e-r-y letter as if they were individual paving stones instead of simply following the path- narrow that it is.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2149 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>So then you are admitting you lied about me. You cannot prove what you said.
I made no such admittance and fail to see how you get that from my post. So, do you admit the bibles are just mythology or not?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2150 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text><yawn> More made-up definitions and baseless "facts".
Nope.

Look up "master" and then look up "slave".

These two require each other to exist.

You are just a slave to your hate-cult--

-- you ADMITTED so yourself.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2151 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a case in point. ;)
:)

As am I.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2152 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
That's right: you are one of those pick-and-choose hypocrites.

How nice.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2153 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, when did I do any of this?
You are GUILTY as charged, because you support the ugly bible.

That is why.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2154 Jun 13, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us, allows us to inherit this "original sin," then he insist that we need to beg before him for forgiveness. It sound like God is a mad doctor to me.I remember watching this case of a nurse who would purposely poison people so that her boyfriend(who worked on the security detail) could watch her at work helping the people she was poisoning.
Yes. There was one of those TV drama-shows a couple of days back, where an EMT/ambulance driver would deliberately injure people, so he could swoop in and "save" their lives, becoming a "hero".*

The bible's ugly god is **exactly** like that.

* the TV show was about a few he couldn't save-- and some very smart people figured out it was homicide, not accident, which was the episode I saw. When they finally caught the guy? His comment? Collateral damage-- insignificant to the "greater good"... WTF?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2155 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>So then you are admitting you lied about me. You cannot prove what you said.
No-- you already admitted you thought parts of the ugly bible were just myth.

This means you have ZERO reason to base your faith on-- yet you cling to your baseless faith ANYHOW.

... making you just another hypocrite.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2156 Jun 13, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>"God" didn't do these things, Man did.
Read it again-- the LAWS were DIRECTLY FROM GOD-- according to the ugly bible.

And even in the new testament? Jesus commands slaves to "obey your masters-- god made you a slave for a reason".

WTF?

Even your JESUS was pro-slavery!
Thinking

Poole, UK

#2157 Jun 13, 2013
My French wife went to a catholic school and even the priests told her the bible was only allegorical, not literal.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no such admittance and fail to see how you get that from my post. So, do you admit the bibles are just mythology or not?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#2158 Jun 13, 2013
Absolutely. The NT is not slave friendly.
As evidenced by Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, Luke 12:47-48.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again-- the LAWS were DIRECTLY FROM GOD-- according to the ugly bible.
And even in the new testament? Jesus commands slaves to "obey your masters-- god made you a slave for a reason".
WTF?
Even your JESUS was pro-slavery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 min Into The Night 83,247
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 9 hr Dogen 2,578
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu Dan78iel 3,989
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct '17 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web