Atheists Seek Political Clout

There are 110 comments on the Real Clear Politics story from Sep 23, 2013, titled Atheists Seek Political Clout. In it, Real Clear Politics reports that:

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Real Clear Politics.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#104 Oct 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on here. Skeptic has declared Hitler as an Atheist.
Who cares?

YOU ARE ON THE SAME PATH HE TOOK.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#105 Oct 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to read what Atheist post here, not to mention China, USSR and North Korea.
You do know that the USSR no longer exists, right? You do know that hey now have a law that gay people are to stay in the closet, right. North Korea? China? Their communism, and dictatorship are based on political ideology, not religion.

And for the record, there is no such thing as atheistic ideology, it simply does not exist. Atheists can be liberal, conservative, for or against abortion, etc. Atheism, again, is a simple non belief in a deity, nothing more.

Why do you theists have to try and make it so complicated. Oh ya, you guys try and equate atheism to religion, because you know how f'cked up your own religion is, so you are trying to create a level playing field. Sorry to burst your bubble, atheism is not a religion, nor has it ever been. Your religion and every other religion, is on a completely different level, and it's not good, friend.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#106 Oct 3, 2013
Here to stir the Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for carefully reading what I had to say and for your kind and well thought out reply. your references have been noted. have a nice day.
My answer stayed to the topic. maybe I would answer your questions at a more appropriate message tread

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#107 Oct 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
F**k off.
<quoted text>
That is what I say to atheist seeking my vote.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#108 Oct 3, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
YOU ARE ON THE SAME PATH HE TOOK.
That is a silly question. I just won't vote for an Atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#109 Oct 3, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the USSR no longer exists, right? You do know that hey now have a law that gay people are to stay in the closet, right. North Korea? China? Their communism, and dictatorship are based on political ideology, not religion.
And for the record, there is no such thing as atheistic ideology, it simply does not exist. Atheists can be liberal, conservative, for or against abortion, etc. Atheism, again, is a simple non belief in a deity, nothing more.
Why do you theists have to try and make it so complicated. Oh ya, you guys try and equate atheism to religion, because you know how f'cked up your own religion is, so you are trying to create a level playing field. Sorry to burst your bubble, atheism is not a religion, nor has it ever been. Your religion and every other religion, is on a completely different level, and it's not good, friend.
Again!, I don't think atheist could do it any other way. Reading the post here at topix. Is just more proof.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#110 Oct 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on here. Skeptic has declared Hitler as an Atheist. For the rest of this tread, unless atheist say otherwise. I will respect Skeptics word on this issue. You guys work this out. In other conversations I might choose to debate this issue, but here I give you. Hitler was an Atheist. Congratulations, I think it is the first time this has been accomplished in our blogs.
Creationists like Robert love to lie - that's what the mental illness of creationism does to people:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hitler was catholic and don't let any creationist liar tell your otherwise

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#111 Oct 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer stayed to the topic. maybe I would answer your questions at a more appropriate message tread
Bitter creationist liar with no evidence for god, wasting forum space.
Thinking

UK

#112 Oct 3, 2013
Since you spell your "x" with a "y", who cares?
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#113 Oct 3, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on Step Two, on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min NoahLovesU 239,086
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 33 min NoahLovesU 7,457
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 36 min NoahLovesU 7,359
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 104
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 14 hr hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web