Atheists Seek Political Clout

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Real Clear Politics

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 110 of110
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on here. Skeptic has declared Hitler as an Atheist.
Who cares?

YOU ARE ON THE SAME PATH HE TOOK.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to read what Atheist post here, not to mention China, USSR and North Korea.
You do know that the USSR no longer exists, right? You do know that hey now have a law that gay people are to stay in the closet, right. North Korea? China? Their communism, and dictatorship are based on political ideology, not religion.

And for the record, there is no such thing as atheistic ideology, it simply does not exist. Atheists can be liberal, conservative, for or against abortion, etc. Atheism, again, is a simple non belief in a deity, nothing more.

Why do you theists have to try and make it so complicated. Oh ya, you guys try and equate atheism to religion, because you know how f'cked up your own religion is, so you are trying to create a level playing field. Sorry to burst your bubble, atheism is not a religion, nor has it ever been. Your religion and every other religion, is on a completely different level, and it's not good, friend.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Here to stir the Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for carefully reading what I had to say and for your kind and well thought out reply. your references have been noted. have a nice day.
My answer stayed to the topic. maybe I would answer your questions at a more appropriate message tread

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
F**k off.
<quoted text>
That is what I say to atheist seeking my vote.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
YOU ARE ON THE SAME PATH HE TOOK.
That is a silly question. I just won't vote for an Atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the USSR no longer exists, right? You do know that hey now have a law that gay people are to stay in the closet, right. North Korea? China? Their communism, and dictatorship are based on political ideology, not religion.
And for the record, there is no such thing as atheistic ideology, it simply does not exist. Atheists can be liberal, conservative, for or against abortion, etc. Atheism, again, is a simple non belief in a deity, nothing more.
Why do you theists have to try and make it so complicated. Oh ya, you guys try and equate atheism to religion, because you know how f'cked up your own religion is, so you are trying to create a level playing field. Sorry to burst your bubble, atheism is not a religion, nor has it ever been. Your religion and every other religion, is on a completely different level, and it's not good, friend.
Again!, I don't think atheist could do it any other way. Reading the post here at topix. Is just more proof.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on here. Skeptic has declared Hitler as an Atheist. For the rest of this tread, unless atheist say otherwise. I will respect Skeptics word on this issue. You guys work this out. In other conversations I might choose to debate this issue, but here I give you. Hitler was an Atheist. Congratulations, I think it is the first time this has been accomplished in our blogs.
Creationists like Robert love to lie - that's what the mental illness of creationism does to people:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hitler was catholic and don't let any creationist liar tell your otherwise

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer stayed to the topic. maybe I would answer your questions at a more appropriate message tread
Bitter creationist liar with no evidence for god, wasting forum space.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Since you spell your "x" with a "y", who cares?
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on Step Two, on the Road To Your Gas Chambers of Mass Murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 110 of110
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 5 min Richardfs 148
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Richardfs 223,967
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Patrick 829
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 6 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 6 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 8 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••