Atheists Seek Political Clout

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Real Clear Politics

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Here to stir the Manure

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sub-human animals the rest of us move on when we die, we leave behind the temple we had and host another.
You speak of souls. Could you define the boundaries of the soul in relationship to the rest of the Cosmos?

And could you please provide some sort of proof that souls are passed out to people who deserve them and others who do not meet your criteria are denied souls?

And how do we tell who has a soul and who doesn't?

We are all animals biologically so can you prove that those you call sub-humans and other animals Do not have souls?

And can you take any given species at random and prove that a human being is superior to this given species?

And if so, by what standards?

I don't think you can answer any of these questions yourself. But I bet you have all kinds of goofy answers you have found in books.

I also think you ramble on and on and on providing nothing of substance just to hear yourself talk, thinking you are building yourself up by slyly(?) putting other people down.

Good luck with that!

and by the way, a true atheist neither believes nor disbelieves in any gods.

A true atheist faces what is knowing that he/she is just beginning to see an incredible organic whole and knows that words are just that, words. And words can not even begin to describe what we've found so far.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"The writing is on the wall" - another worthless creationist threat from your imagination, which doesn't affect us in the real world.
When you have evidence of god, you will look less mentally ill to everyone.
What will you try next after all avenues of getting your creationist agenda across have failed inthe atheist forum?
As long as you don't have political clout, who cares.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Here to stir the Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of souls. Could you define the boundaries of the soul in relationship to the rest of the Cosmos?
And could you please provide some sort of proof that souls are passed out to people who deserve them and others who do not meet your criteria are denied souls?
And how do we tell who has a soul and who doesn't?
We are all animals biologically so can you prove that those you call sub-humans and other animals Do not have souls?
And can you take any given species at random and prove that a human being is superior to this given species?
And if so, by what standards?
I don't think you can answer any of these questions yourself. But I bet you have all kinds of goofy answers you have found in books.
I also think you ramble on and on and on providing nothing of substance just to hear yourself talk, thinking you are building yourself up by slyly(?) putting other people down.
Good luck with that!
and by the way, a true atheist neither believes nor disbelieves in any gods.
A true atheist faces what is knowing that he/she is just beginning to see an incredible organic whole and knows that words are just that, words. And words can not even begin to describe what we've found so far.
As long as none of you backwards yahoos gain any high positions in government, who cares. Your agenda sucks and no one wants it. Amen.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes, I had bad grammar last post I meant as long as you don't, ... again who cares. You will go no where in your life time. Good night Josef Stalin

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>everybody is worm meat when they die.(except those that are cremated..)
Oooh! Oooh!

And those who donate their cadavers to medical colleges-- as I plan to do.

:)

Then, it's cremation. But until the ashes? My corpse will be teaching future doctors how to be better doctors, and perhaps contribute in the saving of countless lives.

How's that for a legacy?

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you have no soul.
This is how it begins.

First, you hate-cultists single out a group of humans in some way.

In your case? You are claiming "no soul"-- based entirely on your prejudices, of course.

The next step is for you and yours to pass laws to keep watch on this group-- to help identify your target hate-group in public.

And the next step? Gas chambers or worse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sub-human animals the rest of us move on when we die, we leave behind the temple we had and host another.
See?

That's step one: identifying your target group as "Not Human".

The next step is public separation.....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as none of you backwards yahoos gain any high positions in government, who cares. Your agenda sucks and no one wants it. Amen.
That's part of step two: isolation and denying of basic rights to your targeted group you hate.

Hitler's people would applaud your efforts.
Priest

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think there are no atheists in government, you are a fool. They play to the weaknesses of the Christians by spouting verses, but inside they are laughing at the sheeple.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how it begins.
First, you hate-cultists single out a group of humans in some way.
In your case? You are claiming "no soul"-- based entirely on your prejudices, of course.
The next step is for you and yours to pass laws to keep watch on this group-- to help identify your target hate-group in public.
And the next step? Gas chambers or worse.
You have not been reading the writings of your brother worm meats. Actually you'll push to have those laws that give this Republic the right to observe your group. We'll just change the group from Muslims to Atheist. traditionally you too are an enemy to Western Society. Ask and you will receive. Christians told you that from the start. As I said in this lifetime I will not see a powerful Atheist movement in The USA. Thank The Perfect One for that. Trust me that is even better for you Little Red Bobbing Hood.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
See?
That's step one: identifying your target group as "Not Human".
The next step is public separation.....
Don't blame me you being without a soul is your very own admission. It is subhuman just as you pointed out to me not long ago.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's part of step two: isolation and denying of basic rights to your targeted group you hate.
Hitler's people would applaud your efforts.
Hitler and The Nazis had one thing right, just as Patton pointed out also. They knew The USSR was evil and atheism sucks.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not been reading the writings of your brother worm meats. Actually you'll push to have those laws that give this Republic the right to observe your group. We'll just change the group from Muslims to Atheist. traditionally you too are an enemy to Western Society. Ask and you will receive. Christians told you that from the start. As I said in this lifetime I will not see a powerful Atheist movement in The USA. Thank The Perfect One for that. Trust me that is even better for you Little Red Bobbing Hood.
See? You continue to build your step-by-step case to eventual murder of all atheists in your God-Given Gas Chambers™.

Your continued attempt to slander atheists, and to portray them as "sub human" (your words) is just the initial steps.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me you being without a soul is your very own admission. It is subhuman just as you pointed out to me not long ago.
Step two in your pogrom of hate.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and The Nazis had one thing right, just as Patton pointed out also. They knew The USSR was evil and atheism sucks.
Step 2 in your pogrom of hate.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
See? You continue to build your step-by-step case to eventual murder of all atheists in your God-Given Gas Chambers™.
Your continued attempt to slander atheists, and to portray them as "sub human" (your words) is just the initial steps.
ATTEMPT!! ATTEMPT!!!!.I'll tell you what. You get one of your soulless bitches on the Presidential ballot and I assure you he'll get his ass kicked from sea to shinning sea. In fact the worm meat couldn't win a state in either primary. ATTEMPTING! Worm meat will be on the ballot and won't break one percent. Wake up stupid. What you offer sucks and America knows it.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
ATTEMPT!! ATTEMPT!!!!.I'll tell you what. You get one of your soulless bitches on the Presidential ballot and I assure you he'll get his ass kicked from sea to shinning sea. In fact the worm meat couldn't win a state in either primary. ATTEMPTING! Worm meat will be on the ballot and won't break one percent. Wake up stupid. What you offer sucks and America knows it.
You illustrate where religion can lead people.
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...

According to a 2012 poll, only 54% of USAmericans would vote for a non-believer for high political office.

Religion = superstition
It's divisive and outdated.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you think there are no atheists in government, you are a fool. They play to the weaknesses of the Christians by spouting verses, but inside they are laughing at the sheeple.
I trust they understand why people are religious and are tolerant and patient. It is difficult. Obviously no god sent a prophet to Earth and the Abrahamic god(s) is (are) nonsense. I think most sensible people ignore the 'Christianity'. Government is about policy and cooperation, not atheism vs religion. Whether someone is religious or not simply shouldn't matter. Religion is irrelevant to good, secular government. It's irrelevant to morality too.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear you over your proofless whining.

When you have some evidence for your god your cult sent you here to lie about, I'm all ears.

Until then you may f*ck off back to your cult cave of ignorance and talking to yourself or whatever it is you do to avoid facing up to the real, godless world we live in.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
Yes, I had bad grammar last post I meant as long as you don't,... again who cares. You will go no where in your life time. Good night Josef Stalin
Once again, idiot, Stalin did not commit genocide because he was atheist.

Atheism is a disbelief in bullsh*t that religious liars like yourself make up.

Get it right you creationist tw*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••