Atheists Seek Political Clout

Atheists Seek Political Clout

There are 110 comments on the Real Clear Politics story from Sep 23, 2013, titled Atheists Seek Political Clout. In it, Real Clear Politics reports that:

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Real Clear Politics.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#24 Sep 30, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who wants to control womans reproductive systems. I am just taking a guess you are anti-abortion.
You guessed wrong. It is a Christian based society, not controlled by Christians. I don't think atheist could do the same.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#25 Sep 30, 2013
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
HA, ignorance is common in your community. The only thing atheists want, is to uphold constitutional law. It is the religious who keep infringing on the rights of others, it's why they consistently loose the battle in court.
I don't see religious people interfering with the rights of others. Some times they have strong opinions they may over kill. However, from what I see online atheist are far worse.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#26 Sep 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove a word of the rubbish that comes out of your keyboard.
You are largely an embarrassment to nature, to the host human that houses your mental illness that causes your person to dishonestly run away from proving any of the personal hallucinations you claim are universally true.
You can't prove this spiritual nonsense, the soul or god and you know that you have nothing of substance to back it up any further.
But will you admit this nonsense? nope, because you are arrogant and delusional - a symptom of the mental illness you suffer from.
Will you see a doctor? nope, because you believe you are "blessed" with seeing something that atheists cannot. Such a sad state of affairs of the mentally infected...
China, The USSR and North Korea are enough proof for me. The fact you did not answer a telling direct question I asked you is even greater proof. That question was "Would you go as far as saying people should not be allowed to gather in the name of religion, or to discuss such things as souls?" It should have been so easy for you to bring this debate home by saying you would have no problem with these gatherings. Instead you side stepped it. Had you been a person with comprehension skills you would have said "Of course I would permit them to gather under their private terms." That response would have won you this debate. Instead you went on as if it was a different question or statement.

I still encourage people to never vote for an Atheist. Their end game is control.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#27 Sep 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?
In regards to my last. Your answer was an indirect "no". Even worse than side stepping.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#28 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheist seek political clout" Is the message tread. The answer to your question is, clearly there are many people and from many different beliefs that do belief in souls.
Argument from popularity is not an argument. Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I don't see why I should have to post here as if I am the founder of the beliefs there are such things as souls.
You are pushing an agenda. Unless you are willing to **prove** that agenda with **facts**?

You are lying.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Honestly I think your post belittle atheism and your prior post prove the assumptions I made.
The above sentence is devoid of a useful message. Ignored.
Robert Stevens wrote:
I think due to your poor comprehension skills you won't be able to stay on this topic.
Attempt at belittling and insult noted. Not an argument-- also noted.

Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Reading your post that are against anyone having beliefs outside your own, brings home the fact.
Projection. Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
People should not vote for atheist.
Hate speech. Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
If you had the authority, you would most likely band books that involve religion, theism, paranormal and just anything that goes any where besides your agenda.
Not at all-- I would only insist on warning labels for the most heinous ones, such as the bible.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Just as Atheist/communist countries now do have.
What is an "atheist" country? Sweden? Switzerland? Those could qualify, as the majority of their population is atheist.

But these countries do not ban books. Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Asking an atheist to be tolerant is like asking a dog to meow.
Hate speech noted.
Robert Stevens wrote:
As we are in this wonderful Christian based nation,
Lie. Fail.
Robert Stevens wrote:
go out and enjoy a trip to Barnes and Noble and take in all the diversity in material they offer. You could read on Buddhism, and find the answers to the questions you asked me.
Nothing you wrote? Supports your ugly beliefs. Nothing.

Fail: souls are myth. The default position.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#29 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheist seek political clout" Is the message tread. The answer to your question is, clearly there are many people and from many different beliefs that do belief in souls. I don't see why I should have to post here as if I am the founder of the beliefs there are such things as souls. Honestly I think your post belittle atheism and your prior post prove the assumptions I made.
I think due to your poor comprehension skills you won't be able to stay on this topic. Reading your post that are against anyone having beliefs outside your own, brings home the fact. People should not vote for atheist.
If you had the authority, you would most likely band books that involve religion, theism, paranormal and just anything that goes any where besides your agenda. Just as Atheist/communist countries now do have. Asking an atheist to be tolerant is like asking a dog to meow.
As we are in this wonderful Christian based nation, go out and enjoy a trip to Barnes and Noble and take in all the diversity in material they offer. You could read on Buddhism, and find the answers to the questions you asked me.
You ignored the question. I'll repeat it again-- since you appear unable to read.

But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#30 Sep 30, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I hope trying to reason with lunatics is good for your soul, Bob :-)
It's good exercise in logic. It's also an opportunity to try out different approaches to the subject.

And?

It's fun.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#31 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You guessed wrong. It is a Christian based society, not controlled by Christians. I don't think atheist could do the same.
Lie.

The fundamental principles on which the US is based?

Is not unique to Genuine Christianity¬ô.

Thus?

That ugly hate-cult cannot claim ownership for those principles.

Moreover?

There are quite a few that are ANTI-CHRISTIAN, right there in the US Constitution.

The chief one? That government **must** remain **separate** and **distinct** from religion.

That is **very** anti-christian.

Genuine Christians¬ô are commanded to do the exact opposite-- which is why they keep trying to pass hate-laws based on their ugly cult.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#32 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see religious people interfering with the rights of others. Some times they have strong opinions they may over kill. However, from what I see online atheist are far worse.
## anti-abortion laws interfere with a woman's right to control her own reproduction

## anti-gay marriage laws interfere with equal application of the law, singling out a specific sub-group for persecution

## anti-science laws/policies which try to force religion (creationism) in place of modern facts (science)

## many states have on the books laws which prevent atheists from holding public office-- in direct violation of the separation clause in the Constitution.

But the worst of all? The tax-free ride that these horrid cults-of-hate get on the backs of all taxpayers.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#33 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
China, The USSR and North Korea are enough proof for me.
You have had this lie debunked multiple times, by me and others-- yet you keep **repeating** this lie.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#34 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
In regards to my last. Your answer was an indirect "no". Even worse than side stepping.
The above is not an answer to the question.

Clearly you didn't read it-- I'll repeat it for you:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#35 Sep 30, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
China, The USSR and North Korea are enough proof for me. The fact you did not answer a telling direct question I asked you is even greater proof. That question was "Would you go as far as saying people should not be allowed to gather in the name of religion, or to discuss such things as souls?" It should have been so easy for you to bring this debate home by saying you would have no problem with these gatherings. Instead you side stepped it. Had you been a person with comprehension skills you would have said "Of course I would permit them to gather under their private terms." That response would have won you this debate. Instead you went on as if it was a different question or statement.
I still encourage people to never vote for an Atheist. Their end game is control.
Sweden, Switzerland... in fact, most of the Netherland countries are mostly atheists (population).

And they have the lowest crime rate per-person of any.

They have some of the highest pay scales too.

And they have universal health care as well.

But they **are** atheistic.

Which blows your idiotic lie out of the water.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#36 Sep 30, 2013
As long as we have corrupt politicians that cater to wacky fundamentalist groups and the advantage of block voting power this gives the politicians we are going to have problems.

The politicians may not necessarily share the belief system of the block voters but they can sure fake it good in order to get the votes!

The tyranny of the majority is alive and well in the fundamentalist religions. This tyrannical majority all go to church and only vote those into power who have catered to their insane belief systems in order to gain the vote. They do this as they are commanded to do so by their masters.

So in effect we can surmise that we are being governed by people who compromise their integrity to please the wacky tyrannical majority, in order to get the vote, in order to hold on to the cushy jobs they have.

The politicians with integrity either get shot or voted out of office.

This is why any scientific research that threatens to expose the insane monolatrous religions and their conflict with reality meet such stiff opposition on Capital Hill.

In a sense we have fallen into the new dark ages with the same old church dictating the rules of the game.

We can only hope that the young people who are leaving the churches in droves will learn to recognize the danger of theocracy that these groups want to replace our fledgling democracy with and vote accordingly.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#37 Sep 30, 2013
Here is an extreme example of the danger of fundamentalist block voting power:

When doing a search on Google using this phrase, "democracy is from satan" I got 5,690,000 hits.

Of course we don't have to fear false gods. But the followers of these gods need to be watched very carefully.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#38 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Argument from popularity is not an argument. Fail.
<quoted text>
You are pushing an agenda. Unless you are willing to **prove** that agenda with **facts**?
You are lying.
<quoted text>
The above sentence is devoid of a useful message. Ignored.
<quoted text>
Attempt at belittling and insult noted. Not an argument-- also noted.
Fail.
<quoted text>
Projection. Fail.
<quoted text>
Hate speech. Fail.
<quoted text>
Not at all-- I would only insist on warning labels for the most heinous ones, such as the bible.
<quoted text>
What is an "atheist" country? Sweden? Switzerland? Those could qualify, as the majority of their population is atheist.
But these countries do not ban books. Fail.
<quoted text>
Hate speech noted.
<quoted text>
Lie. Fail.
<quoted text>
Nothing you wrote? Supports your ugly beliefs. Nothing.
Fail: souls are myth. The default position.
Very funny.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#39 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Sweden, Switzerland... in fact, most of the Netherland countries are mostly atheists (population).
And they have the lowest crime rate per-person of any.
They have some of the highest pay scales too.
And they have universal health care as well.
But they **are** atheistic.
Which blows your idiotic lie out of the water.
This is why you are just too funny. I am a non-religious person. I talk to you online, and you insist I am a Christian. However when survey answers are on-religious you claim them as Atheist. I consider all your post exhibitions of poor comprehension skills.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#40 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god or souls and are full of sh*t. The conversation can continue after you provide evidence.

Now watch you try to change the subject away from proving the god you're here to lie about.

This is how you dishonest creationists behave and are not to be trusted.

You get a conversation when you can prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about and spam the atheism forums.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#41 Oct 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you are just too funny. I am a non-religious person. I talk to you online, and you insist I am a Christian. However when survey answers are on-religious you claim them as Atheist. I consider all your post exhibitions of poor comprehension skills.
You're full of sh*t and you know it. You need to go back to your cave of ignorance like all the creationist trolls before you.

We haven't seen Lincoln lately, looks like he is joining the long lists of trolls that get bored after they realise their sh*t doesn't work here. You will be too.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#42 Oct 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god or souls and are full of sh*t. The conversation can continue after you provide evidence.
Now watch you try to change the subject away from proving the god you're here to lie about.
This is how you dishonest creationists behave and are not to be trusted.
You get a conversation when you can prove the god your cult sent you here to lie about and spam the atheism forums.
There is tons of proof of souls out there. You choose not to recognize it. For me to attempt to prove it to you would be vain, of myself. I have all ready told you else where, I do believe you either have a puny unexercised soul, or more likely no soul at all. In this wonderful country of ours wee all have the right to practice our own beliefs. It is clear to me that atheist in control would not afford such a luxury. There is no need to spam the soulless, towards a belief. In fact I have posted directly to you in response to your statement, as I am now. It would be ill advised for you to follow my path. Your comprehension skills are extremely lacking, it may be why you don't understand the proof that you have encountered that people do have souls.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#43 Oct 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of sh*t and you know it. You need to go back to your cave of ignorance like all the creationist trolls before you.
We haven't seen Lincoln lately, looks like he is joining the long lists of trolls that get bored after they realise their sh*t doesn't work here. You will be too.
Your distrust is comical, I have all ready told you I do believe in evolution. I consider this to favor my argument on this tread. The atheist will go from routine banding of religion to thought police. The distrustful nature will hunt, they will question, and they won't except your answers.

Skeptic you really should just go in a corner and talk to yourself. It appears as you made up your mind to make me some person you know from your past. I am not offered the same randomness that I actually have, thank God that problem is only in your head. I refuse to become a Christian or a Christian fundamentalist because you tell me I am. I also refuse to vote for an agenda I know has that goal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 10 min Mikko 1
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 min IB DaMann 16,363
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min IB DaMann 256,108
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 22 min One way or another 40,816
A Universe from Nothing? 42 min IB DaMann 95
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 4 hr Eagle 12 28
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Eagle 12 20,622
More from around the web