As Protestants decline, those with no religion gain

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: m.usatoday.com 85

In the 1960s, two in three Americans called themselves Protestant. Now the Protestant group -- both evangelical and mainline -- has slid below the statistical waters, down to 48%, from 53% in 2007 Where did they go? Nowhere, actually.

Full Story

“Tis the Season for Reason!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#68 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
There were two Bethlehems.
Bethlehem of Judea was close Jerusalem. They moved.
You Atheist serve your god. Bye.
Atheists don't serve any god, you lying theist.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#69 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
Sorry, I apologize and won't post more. Thank you. I thought it was a Baptist site.
The Top says; Southern Baptist.
It's in MULTIPLE forums. The top of mine say Atheism Forum.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#70 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
There aren't any. Only the ignorant speak of them.
Why this is a miracle: how long was David's son with his grandfather? Human reasoning say that is a mistake. Version says the same as the original. When the rabbi's are asked they say, that'w what it says and it is copied the same way. If you change the Bible it is a translation. Secular humanist without Jesus' salvation say they are mistakes. There are no contradictions.
Get a life. No need for childish little games. The scriptures are hid to those who are lost.
The Bible is full to the brim with contradictions.

Are you judged by your faith or by your works?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71 Dec 24, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
You Atheist serve your god. Bye.
You're stupid, do you even think before you type? Probably not.
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

#72 Dec 24, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
Baptist aren't Protestant!
Why don't you cataholics take your satanic rituals somewhere else.
Catholics aren't welcome with their doctrine on Baptist sites.
The Papacy and Catholicism is Antichrist.
You are so wrong. Baptists ARE protestant. This is the atheist forum. www.400monkeys.com/God
Bro Samuel

United States

#73 Dec 27, 2012
A Theist & non religionist....... all they talk about is religion.

When one looks at the Bible and New Testament: Baptist are the only group of followers of Jesus mentioned.

Baptist are 300 yrs older than Catholics. Those claiming there is no God. I've started studying manuscript evidence in 1978. But a bunch of God hating infidels know all about religion; morons.

It's the fool that has said in his heart there is no God.

Why not just be silent instead of letting the world know you're an idiot.

I only read 4-12 hrs per day 7 days a week year after year. And worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in nuclear research.

You false religionists are a hoot; good bye and good ridens.
Bro Samuel

United States

#74 Dec 27, 2012
this is a Southern Baptist forum. Why the satanists, and evolutionists are here to argue is beyond me. Or maybe they can't read

In Hell, they will know. And none of them will be here that long.

Why are the morons claiming there is no God on religious forums? Simple; they have no confidence in their belief system and want to make hate. They are of hate and only produce hate and whining reports. Whey don't they move to Sweden?

Wallow in your wicked ways and leave good, honest, decent folks alone with your heretical philosophies of a false religion. Anyone stupid to follow Antichrist is an idiot. And that is exactly what these people claim.

Nottingham, UK

#75 Dec 27, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
When one looks at the Bible and New Testament: Baptist are the only group of followers of Jesus mentioned.
Baptist are 300 yrs older than Catholics. Those claiming there is no God. I've started studying manuscript evidence in 1978. But a bunch of God hating infidels know all about religion; morons.
I only read 4-12 hrs per day 7 days a week year after year. And worked at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in nuclear research.
That's "good riddance"

Bye
redneck

Selma, OR

#76 Dec 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "good riddance"
Bye
The same people that call kith and kin, "kissin kin".

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#77 Dec 30, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
A Theist & non religionist....... all they talk about is religion..... You false religionists are a hoot; good bye and good ridens.
Back on the 23rd you said you wouldn't post in this thread anymore.... You do realize that lying is just a modern word for bearing false witness. Shame on you.

(And it's "riddance")
Bro Samuel wrote:
... But a bunch of God hating infidels know all about religion; morons..... Why not just be silent instead of letting the world know you're an idiot...
And now you're judging others. Shame on you. And doing so as a group using a straw man stereotype, which is bigotry. Shame on you.
Bro Samuel wrote:
Oh, and "whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Shame on you again.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#78 Dec 30, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
this is a Southern Baptist forum. Why the satanists, and evolutionists are here to argue is beyond me. Or maybe they can't read
In Hell, they will know. And none of them will be here that long.
Why are the morons claiming there is no God on religious forums? Simple; they have no confidence in their belief system and want to make hate. They are of hate and only produce hate and whining reports. Whey don't they move to Sweden?
Wallow in your wicked ways and leave good, honest, decent folks alone with your heretical philosophies of a false religion. Anyone stupid to follow Antichrist is an idiot. And that is exactly what these people claim.
Did you already forget the explanation I gave you in post 63 (" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;).

Not exactly the sharpest, are you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#79 Dec 31, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
You need to first prove your god before you judge others.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#80 Dec 31, 2012
All Satanists have to talk about is religion and take on disguises.

You people have already proved that you are not well read.

You folks are dying off and more rapidly from the plagues mentioned in REV.... They are directed at you. Look around; where are your dead now?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81 Dec 31, 2012
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
You folks are dying off and more rapidly from the plagues mentioned in REV.... They are directed at you. Look around; where are your dead now?
Wrong forum, this is a discussion about atheists, satanism has it's own forum.
redneck

Selma, OR

#82 Dec 31, 2012
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Wrong forum.This is 'atheism'. The thoughts of fools, idiots and charlatans is best found under 'christianity' but can be found in most religions.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#83 Dec 31, 2012
You idiots are on a Baptist forum. It's subordinate under religion.

Hire a consultant to create a forum of your own. You claim you have no religion but are under religion.

You will believe in Jesus one day - promise.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#84 Dec 31, 2012
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Hire a consultant to create a forum of your own. You claim you have no religion but are under religion.
It's also under atheism, but good point, it's still not about satanism.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#85 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKuntliqer wrote:
<quoted text>BS.....so Islam is declining?
Go spout your crap at the local mosque, looking forward to spitting on your grave...and then on your parents.
Tird
Ahhhh...that good old Christian love.

Or Muslim.

Same thing.

Nottingham, UK

#86 Dec 31, 2012
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
I never used to believe in Jesus until I saw this video.

Disciple of Jesus

United States

#87 Jan 1, 2013
MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN; Anathema Maranatha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 233,034
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,590
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 2 hr QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineM 1,449
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 5 hr polymath257 159
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 7 hr _Bad Company 192
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr ratboyhunter 34
More from around the web