As Protestants decline, those with no religion gain

Oct 9, 2012 | Posted by: Hedonist | Full story: m.usatoday.com

In the 1960s, two in three Americans called themselves Protestant. Now the Protestant group -- both evangelical and mainline -- has slid below the statistical waters, down to 48%, from 53% in 2007 Where did they go? Nowhere, actually.

Comments
41 - 60 of 85 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2013
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:13 (KJV)+ 12 others.

It only takes 70 hours to read the entire Bible. I often five books per day. I rarely study over 12 hrs a day anymore. But read for hours everyday. I probably average 6-8 hrs per day studying and reading.

If you're lost the scriptures are hid to you anyway.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Bro Samuel wrote:
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:13 (KJV)+ 12 others.
It only takes 70 hours to read the entire Bible. I often five books per day. I rarely study over 12 hrs a day anymore. But read for hours everyday. I probably average 6-8 hrs per day studying and reading.
If you're lost the scriptures are hid to you anyway.
How do you deal with the contradictions and errors in the Bible?
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

There aren't any. Only the ignorant speak of them.

Why this is a miracle: how long was David's son with his grandfather? Human reasoning say that is a mistake. Version says the same as the original. When the rabbi's are asked they say, that'w what it says and it is copied the same way. If you change the Bible it is a translation. Secular humanist without Jesus' salvation say they are mistakes. There are no contradictions.

Get a life. No need for childish little games. The scriptures are hid to those who are lost.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Titus 3:9-11 (KJV)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Bro Samuel wrote:
There aren't any. Only the ignorant speak of them.
Why this is a miracle: how long was David's son with his grandfather? Human reasoning say that is a mistake. Version says the same as the original. When the rabbi's are asked they say, that'w what it says and it is copied the same way. If you change the Bible it is a translation. Secular humanist without Jesus' salvation say they are mistakes. There are no contradictions.
Get a life. No need for childish little games. The scriptures are hid to those who are lost.
So .. you ignore like all the others do.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

No; they are easily explained. I just ignore some people. Why talk to the goof balls? If you say white, they say black and do not have a sincere bone in them.

Why; what is your take on the scripture concerning David's grandson with his grandfather? That's probably the biggest one the critics bring up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Bro Samuel wrote:
No; they are easily explained. I just ignore some people. Why talk to the goof balls? If you say white, they say black and do not have a sincere bone in them.
Why; what is your take on the scripture concerning David's grandson with his grandfather? That's probably the biggest one the critics bring up.
I ... don't care about that one. The scam of your religion is what bothers me most, though your attempts to claim knowledge is bad as well. You know not what lies beyond death, no one living does or can, because to experience death you must actually die first. Since the dead do not return to tell of it, then there is no evidence to suggest there is anything more than this life. Anyhow, your religion's focus on death is bad for anyone, your obsession with what's "after" death is an obsession of death itself veiled, and nothing more. You waste your life worrying about what you can only fantasize about, and then get angry when others do not waste their lives on the same stupid notions.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

I have zero worry or fear. I know. You claim you don't know.

You don't care about anything or anyone but your pride and vanity.

You claim you know; but you're agnostic. May be one step above Atheist.

Think how stupid your statement are. "I'm not a Christian", "I am a bible scholar", The scriptures are hid to the lost.

You have not the Spirit of God and can have no knowledge of it with Jesus' salvation.

you folks say, "oh, I do not know Jesus' salvation, but let me tell you about it" NUTS.. Get a live; obviously you don't have one getting your jollies being stupid.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Kitty; what year was Hill Vaticanus first used as the temple of Lucifer. What was his sign?

You don't know squat about the Bible; what about Satan.

What about Zoroastrianism; when did it start? What is it and its source?

What do you know about your god Lucifer?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Was Jesus born at Mary and Jospeh's home in Bethleham or in a stable? Depends on what gospel you read :)
Bro Samuel wrote:

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Atheists don't believe in God/s. Do try to catch up half wit.
Bro Samuel wrote:
Kitty; what year was Hill Vaticanus first used as the temple of Lucifer. What was his sign?
You don't know squat about the Bible; what about Satan.
What about Zoroastrianism; when did it start? What is it and its source?
What do you know about your god Lucifer?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

I must say even when I was a Baptist I was never this nutty about it.
Bro Samuel wrote:
Think how stupid your statement are. "I'm not a Christian", "I am a bible scholar", The scriptures are hid to the lost.
You have not the Spirit of God and can have no knowledge of it with Jesus' salvation.
you folks say, "oh, I do not know Jesus' salvation, but let me tell you about it" NUTS.. Get a live; obviously you don't have one getting your jollies being stupid.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

you never were a Christian; only a Baptist.

Roman tax time was Sept 2nd. Sept 9th was the Festival of Trumpets or when they crown a kine.

Oddly, I have been in barns or stables and have actually seen troughs, mangers, feeders.

Why do Atheist nut jobs feel so insecure? Keep coming to Baptist forums because of their insecurity.

Claim they don't know, then proceed to tell you that they know. Foolish, childish people in need of Jesus' salvation.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

That's why atheist are on Christian forums; huh.

You don't know the Bible or Christianity or history I dare say.

What do you know about Lucifer? What is his star? His sign.

Did you know he was a Cherub? You people make things up as you go and know very little.

I started studying manuscript evidence in 1978 and know who Jesus is. KNOW. You claim you don't know.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Yes I was a Christian. Lifelong baptist until I got wise that the whole thing was a scam.

So was Jesus born at Mary and Joseph's house in Bethlehem or were they traveling from their home in Nazareth and stayed at a Bethlehem manger? Again it depends what gospel you read.

Also Nazareth didn't even exist until 200 years after Jesus was said to be born. No Jewish settlement by that name existed until the second century.

And sorry but it is kind of hard to tell the difference between Jesus and all the other born of a virgin saviors who died for us. Mithra, Horus, Dionysus, Perseus, and I could go on but the point is the Jesus myth was hardly original.
Bro Samuel wrote:
you never were a Christian; only a Baptist.
Roman tax time was Sept 2nd. Sept 9th was the Festival of Trumpets or when they crown a kine.
Oddly, I have been in barns or stables and have actually seen troughs, mangers, feeders.
Why do Atheist nut jobs feel so insecure? Keep coming to Baptist forums because of their insecurity.
Claim they don't know, then proceed to tell you that they know. Foolish, childish people in need of Jesus' salvation.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Bro Samuel wrote:
Why do Atheist nut jobs feel so insecure? Keep coming to Baptist forums because of their insecurity...
Actually roboblogger has posted this thread in multiple forums.

My view of this thread tells me it is "Posted in the Atheism Forum".

(So from my perspective, you would be rudely posting in our Forum and not the other way around.)

If you look at the bottom of the page right after the list of popular threads in your forum you should see a line that says "Related Topix Forums: Religion, Atheism" This is where the other cross-posted threads are tied together.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Sorry, I apologize and won't post more. Thank you. I thought it was a Baptist site.

The Top says; Southern Baptist.
Bro Samuel

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

There were two Bethlehems.

Bethlehem of Judea was close Jerusalem. They moved.

You Atheist serve your god. Bye.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Bro Samuel wrote:
So, you're a lazy thinker. You will take a fantasy that's easy to swallow, which can justify all your ignorance and hatred, over the hard work of learning and actual study of reality. Liberals like you don't belong in this country.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Atheists serve your god? Wow we can clearly see that famed religious low IQ.
Bro Samuel wrote:
There were two Bethlehems.
Bethlehem of Judea was close Jerusalem. They moved.
You Atheist serve your god. Bye.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min CunningLinguist 224,019
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 3 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 9 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••