As Protestants decline, those with no religion gain

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: m.usatoday.com 85

In the 1960s, two in three Americans called themselves Protestant. Now the Protestant group -- both evangelical and mainline -- has slid below the statistical waters, down to 48%, from 53% in 2007 Where did they go? Nowhere, actually.

Full Story
Bro Samuel

United States

#28 Dec 23, 2012
The Baptist are 300 yrs older than Catholics. Baptist are not Protestant nor Ecumenical.

But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Amos 5:26 (KJV) Star of your god. That star is a hexagram. Look at ancient statues and temples. Only two religions do not have the hexagram; Christianity and Judaism by descendants of Jacob.

Baptist's inception was at the time of the Apostles. As John said, Antichrist came out from among us. You can follow those to Egypt and on to unite with Constantine to form the Catholic church.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#29 Dec 23, 2012
As early as the year 106 we have christians calling themselves Catholics.

The earliest mention of any Baptist Church is 1609 and yes I am a former Baptist and my family still are to this day.
Bro Samuel wrote:
The Baptist are 300 yrs older than Catholics. Baptist are not Protestant nor Ecumenical.
But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Amos 5:26 (KJV) Star of your god. That star is a hexagram. Look at ancient statues and temples. Only two religions do not have the hexagram; Christianity and Judaism by descendants of Jacob.
Baptist's inception was at the time of the Apostles. As John said, Antichrist came out from among us. You can follow those to Egypt and on to unite with Constantine to form the Catholic church.

Lexington, KY

#30 Dec 23, 2012
Take your meds, reject. Unless the Luciferians have some solid proof for God/s they won't touch atheism, you will need to show proof they ever made such a statement.
Bro Samuel wrote:
This site is Baptist; not Protestant.
I've never seen such an ignorant bunch as that have posted above.
What is it: who can scream the loudest and cuss the most..... Know nothing of religion nor the star of Lucifer.
The Luciferterians have vowed to destroy the Atheists. Not the Christians!
KittenKoder

Australia

#31 Dec 23, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Take your meds, reject. Unless the Luciferians have some solid proof for God/s they won't touch atheism, you will need to show proof they ever made such a statement.
<quoted text>
Church of Satan (LaVeyan) is actually atheist.
Hedonists and narcissists......all of them
Another of your 'fine achievements'
Tosspot
Bro Samuel

United States

#32 Dec 23, 2012
John Smyth was Mennonite. Baptist were laughing at him when he said there were no Christians so he self baptized.

All know Catholics had their start under Constantine.

Yes they claim the strain that were outcast of the New Testament churches; they were the fathers of the Catholics.

The Apostle John called them Antichrist. They call themselves non-believers.

Origen: didn't believe the first 3 chapters of Gen. Did't believe in heaven or hell. Eusebius had the mind of Origen. The catholics produced their own bible that Christians reject as it is not via the Holy Ghost.

What do Antichrist come on Baptist sites to try to cause problems. The Papacy is Antichrist and serve satan.

The catholic satanist and sodomite priest have no place on a Baptist site.
Bro Samuel

United States

#33 Dec 23, 2012
Westcott & Hort (1881 AD)
A. They used Vaticanus and Sinaiticus to produce a new Greek N.T.. This Greek N.T. is not the same as the one used for the King James Bible Authorized Version nor during the Reformation.
B. Their Greek N.T. was the basis for the Revised Version (RV) of 1881 and the basic Greek text for all modern translations such as the RSV, TEV, NASV, N.TV, etc.
C. The Greek text of Westcott and Hort (W & H) differs from the Greek text of the King James Bible (the Received Text) 5,788 times, or 10% of the text
D. Since all modern translations are based on the work of W & H, it would do us well to know the theology of these two men.
WESTCOTT: "I wish I could see to what forgotten truth Mariolatry (Mary-worship) bears witness."
"No one now, I suppose, holds that the first three chapters of Genesis, for example, give a literal history I could never understand how anyone reading them with open eyes could think they did."
HORT: "Mary-worship and Jesus-worship have very much in common."
"Protestantism is only parenthetical and temporary."
"The pure Romish view (Catholic) seems to be nearer, and more likely to lead to the truth than the Evangelical."
"Evangelicals seem to me perverted rather than untrue."
These men did not hold to sound doctrine; instead they have turned, "...away their ears from the truth, and she be turned unto fables."   -2 Tim. 4:4
NOTE: Where the King James Bible Authorized Version and the Catholic Bible (such as the New American Bible) differ, the NIV and the NASV agree with the Catholic Bible. The Bible says, "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God:-2 Corinthians 2:17a.
The prophet Amos wrote, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord."    -Amos 8:11
Bro Samuel

United States

#34 Dec 23, 2012
Your Antichrist founding fathers that the Apostle John mentioned in the Epistles:

Clement of Alexandria (200 AD)
A. Clement was a disciple of Tatian
B. Clement taught that there was no real heaven or hell, no blood atonement of Christ, and no infallible Bible.
C. He used the Gnostic Scriptures to teach his students.
D. He founded the school of Theology in Alexandria Egypt.

IV. Origen (184-254 AD)
A. Origen was a disciple of Clement of Alexandria.
B. He held to the same doctrine as Clement, plus he taught baptism was necessary for babies to gain salvation.
C. Origen stated, "The Scriptures are of little use to those who understand them as they are written." (Ibid. p. 192).
D. Dr. Wilkinson stated, "When we come to Origen, we speak the name of him who did the most of all to create and give direction to the forces of apostasy down through the centuries." (Ibid. i·bi·dem ( b -d m ,-b d m). adv. Abbr. ib. or ibid. In the same place. Used in footnotes and bibliographies to refer to the book).
E. Origen was one of the first textual critics. His textual work in both the N.T. and the O.T.(the "Hexapla") was the basis for two of the most corrupt manuscripts used by the Roman Catholic Church.(Vaticanus and Sinaiticus).
F. Origen developed a method of Biblical interpretation which is called "allegorization". Origen believed the Bible was only a set of stories that illustrate truth, but not literal facts. He believed Christ to be created and subordinate to the Father (the same as Jehovah's Witnesses), the pre-existence of the soul before birth (the same as the Mormons), and the final restoration of all spirits (Universal Salvation).(see Dr. Earle Cairns "Christianity Through The Centuries", Zondervan Publishing House, p. 122).
V. Eusebius (260-340 AD)
A. He was trained at Origen's school in Alexandria.
B. Eusebius was the editor of two Greek manuscripts (mss.) named Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. These two mss. were discredited and abandoned by early Christians as being corrupt.("Which Bible?" p. 139,143).
These are Roman Catholic mss. and were not used by Protestant Christians until 1881. These two mss. are the basis for Roman Catholic Bibles and every major English translation of the Bible since 1901. These mss. were not the ones used for the King James Bible.
C. Eusebius was Roman Catholic in his doctrine (see his book, "Ecclesiastical History", Vols. 1-5).
D. He was commissioned by Emperor Constantine to make 50 copies of Scripture for the Roman church. Eusebius copied the Gnostic Scriptures and Vaticanus and Sinaiticus.
Bro Samuel

United States

#35 Dec 23, 2012
I have a two week debate with a Cataholic priest:

It ended in: me to the priest; "you mean to tell me that a priest that is drunk as can be, who sodomized little boys and rapes little girls can perform rites (satanic rite of the Eucharist) and takes the bread and 18% alcohol and the priest can actually forgive sin?" He said, "yes". This was done before other priest and Bishops and even Cardinals.

In the Mass; a satanic ritual where they take the hosta (victim is Jesus) and kill him and perform transubstantiation to magically turn Jesus' flesh to bread and his blood to 18% alcohol is purely a satanic ritual where they attempt to crucify Jesus daily.

One finds the Hexagram or star of Lucifer everywhere in their religion. For almost 3800 yrs this star is seen on statures and satanic temples. The Hill Vatican has been used as a satanic temple since 520 BC. The one adjoining it is the Janus god of lies and deceit - the two-faced Janus god is on their flag. Catholics have never been Christian for one day. Peddle your garbage elsewhere; not where it is known who and what you are.
Bro Samuel

United States

#36 Dec 23, 2012
Baptist aren't Protestant!

Why don't you cataholics take your satanic rituals somewhere else.

Catholics aren't welcome with their doctrine on Baptist sites.

The Papacy and Catholicism is Antichrist.

Lexington, KY

#37 Dec 23, 2012
Do you think Muslim Suicide bombers go to heaven yes or no?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of Satan (LaVeyan) is actually atheist.
Hedonists and narcissists......all of them
Another of your 'fine achievements'
Tosspot
Bro Samuel

United States

#38 Dec 23, 2012
Givemeliberty: is that your idea of liberty. Are you Catholic or Muslim ...... don't matter, there's no difference.

Lexington, KY

#39 Dec 23, 2012
I am an Atheist, former lifelong Baptist.
Bro Samuel wrote:
Givemeliberty: is that your idea of liberty. Are you Catholic or Muslim ...... don't matter, there's no difference.
Bro Samuel

United States

#40 Dec 23, 2012
Why play religion then? You've never been Christian.

Why are you here; to preach your religion of hate?

Do read this:
This secret rite is called "The New and Reformed Palladian Rite." It has headquarters in Charleston, S.C., Rome Italy, and Berlin Germany. Pike headed this rite in the Western Hemisphere while Mazzini headed it in the East. Pike wrote about his beliefs and goals in 1871 in "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry." In this massive volume he explained that the "blind Force of the people is a Force that must be economized, and also managed... it must be regulated by intellect. "To attack the citadels (Institutions) built up on all sides against the human race by superstitions (religion), despotisms, and prejudices, the force must have a brain and a law (the Illuminati's). Then its (Force) deeds of daring produce permanent results, and there is real progress. Then there are sublime conquests... When all forces combined, and guided by the Intellect (Illuminati), and regulated by the Rule of Right, and Justice, and of combined and systematic movement and effort, the great revolution prepared for the ages will begin to march... It is because Force is ill regulated that revolutions prove failures" Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, 1-2 (Rev. Ed. 1950).

Pike designed a plan for world conquest and wrote of it in a letter to Mazzini dated August 15, 1871. He said three future world wars would prepare the world for the New World Order.

Albert Pike's plan for the Illuminati was as simple as it has proved effective. He required that Communism, Naziism, Political Zionism, and other International movements be organized and used to foment the three global wars and three major revolutions. The First World War was to be fought so as to enable the Illuminati to overthrow the powers of the Tzars in Russia and turn that country into the stronghold of Atheistic-Communism. The differences stirred up by agentur of the Illuminati between the British and German Empires were to be used to foment this war. After the war ended, Communism was to be built up and used to destroy other governments and weaken religions.

World War Two, was to be fomented by using the differences between Fascists and Political Zionists. This war was to be fought so that Naziism would be destroyed and the power of Political Zionism increased so that the sovereign state of Israel could be established in Palestine. During World War Two International Communism was to be built up until it equalled in strength that of united Christendom. At this point it was to be contained and kept in check until required for the final social cataclysm. Can any informed person deny Roosevelt and Churchill did put this policy into effect?

World War Three is to be fomented by using the differences the agentur of the Illuminati stir up between Political Zionists and the leaders of the Moslem world. The war is to be directed in such a manner that Islam (the Arab World including Mohammedanism) and Political Zionism (including the State of Israel) will destroy themselves while at the same time the remaining nations, once more divided against each other on this issue, will be forced to fight themselves into a state of complete exhaustion physically, mentally, spiritually and economically. Can any unbiased and reasoning person deny that the intrigue now going on in the Near, Middle, and Far East is designed to accomplish this devilish purpose?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#41 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
Why play religion then? You've never been Christian.
Why are you here; to preach your religion of hate?
No true Scotsman fallacy combined with a projection.
Bro Samuel

United States

#42 Dec 23, 2012
"I am no one else" So, your name is KittenKoder?

Odd; but OK.

You will die in you sin with Jesus as Lord. You will not have Jesus as Lord without being chosen by God.

You are a sad person here on a Baptist site seeking; but, only pursue foolish conversations like a child.

Repent or hell will be your home. No need for further dialogue.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#43 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
Odd; but OK.
You will die in you sin with Jesus as Lord. You will not have Jesus as Lord without being chosen by God.
You are a sad person here on a Baptist site seeking; but, only pursue foolish conversations like a child.
Actually, based on your beliefs alone, you are just as "damned" due to working on the sabbath. However, since it's all based on fallacies and unsupported claims, many claims being completely opposed by reality, I highly doubt I have anything to fear from your pointless and childish religion.

Chicago, IL

#44 Dec 23, 2012
Yes I was a good baptist. My mom still has the mural I made with my Christian youth group. I used to fall for all that crap. We were going to have group prayers and our little lights would combine and we could achieve anything with the power of Jesus. With Jesus we were unstoppable and the devil would cry all the way back to hell. God was with us and that was all we needed.:))

I was baptized at 14 I made my declaration and even held hands with my little girlfriend at the time who was also getting baptized that day. I still remember her smiling and squeezing my hand. Our parents had us getting married at 18 and giving then two beautiful grand babies by the time we were 20. Lol!

Yes Samuel in my youth I stood where you stood. I was deluded by my childhood indoctrination. I believed the superstitious nonsense just like you do. Even in my youth I believe it less and less but to go along with the crowd I went along with it. It helps make friends and such. But after a while I realized more and more something was missing so I dedicated myself to studying the bible everyday and even studied with students at the local baptist seminary school. But the more of the bible I read with an objective mind the more I realized it was fiction.
Bro Samuel

United States

#45 Dec 23, 2012
KittyFoder: you do no know me. I keep every day as a Sabbath day. This is the New Covenant:
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:1-10 (KJV)

Giveme liberty: Why by osmosis or your crystal do you attempt in inherent me? Catholicism is not Christianity. They have no real bible and their belief is fasle. There is a pure strain of text from the ancient text to now. The King James Bible is a version; not a translation. If the scripture are hid and they are: they are hid to the lost and you claim to be lost, so why would you know the scriptures. Obviously you don't.

Except you repent, you will die in your sin. Do you hear the voice of God calling? Here is a truth: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish
John 10:27-28 (KJV)

Chicago, IL

#46 Dec 23, 2012
Any chance you could say this in English? Seriously is makes no sense. Again I was a lifelong baptist before I became an atheist. My Mom still has a bumper sticker on her car that reads, if it's not king James it's not the bible.

I am willing to bet I know far more about the bible than you do. I, unlike you have read it several times all the way through with objective eyes.
Bro Samuel wrote:
Giveme liberty: Why by osmosis or your crystal do you attempt in inherent me? Catholicism is not Christianity. They have no real bible and their belief is fasle. There is a pure strain of text from the ancient text to now. The King James Bible is a version; not a translation. If the scripture are hid and they are: they are hid to the lost and you claim to be lost, so why would you know the scriptures. Obviously you don't.
Except you repent, you will die in your sin. Do you hear the voice of God calling? Here is a truth: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish
John 10:27-28 (KJV)

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#47 Dec 23, 2012
Bro Samuel wrote:
Odd; but OK.
This thread is also appearing on the Atheism Forum.

Oh yeah, and there's no evidence of any place called hell either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 29 min QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 49 min Carchar king 26
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr NightSerf 1,031
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 231,932
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Richardfs 1,423
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Morse 14,448
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 13 hr Gillette 5,946

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE