Atheists

Mar 12, 2014 Full story: Lincoln Daily News 25

We read about the people who profess to be atheists, not believing that God exists, but I wonder really how many true atheists there are.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21 Mar 18, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
We christians live just a balanced lives as any other person, we don't criticise other's beliefs, because we have the discipline and respect for the choices people make in their lives.
Really?

Then you are not a Real Christian™?

Because what you said above? Does not agree with what you said here:
Carchar king wrote:
But for atheists, respect isn't even in the dictionary.
Neither does it agree with here:
Carchar king wrote:
A true atheist is Charlie sheen. A drug addict or heavy drinker, having sex with random strangers and just not respecting anyone or even not having respect for himself.
You are about as hypocritical as they come.

Classic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#22 Mar 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Classic.
Yes, just another religious nutter.
Religion = superstition

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#23 Mar 20, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, if you can't prove the universe came from nothing, then why should i be a atheist.
We christians live just a balanced lives as any other person, we don't criticise other's beliefs, because we have the discipline and respect for the choices people make in their lives.
But for atheists, respect isn't even in the dictionary.
I rarely find atheists trying to convince believers that something horrific is going to happen to them if they don't believe 'not believe' as they do.

You speak out of ignorance, atheists typically have greater respect for the individual's choice than most.
Making a blanket statement that respect isn't even in the dictionary for atheists (which sounds like you mean all or most) is like me saying all Christians are hypocrites preaching on one hand that they imitate Jesus and live a completely different life on the other. It simply is not true. You cannot judge an entire group on a few you might know or none at all.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#24 Mar 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Classic.
"you are not a Real Christian" and "you are about as hypocritical as they come" do not seem to go together very well.

If you had said "You are a Real Christian" and "You are about as hypocritical as they come", the two pieces would be in harmony, as they would be if you said "you are not a Real Christian" and "You are not a hypocrite".

As it is, I just get cognitive dissonance from the post as written.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25 Mar 21, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
"you are not a Real Christian" and "you are about as hypocritical as they come" do not seem to go together very well.
If you had said "You are a Real Christian" and "You are about as hypocritical as they come", the two pieces would be in harmony, as they would be if you said "you are not a Real Christian" and "You are not a hypocrite".
As it is, I just get cognitive dissonance from the post as written.
LMAO!

Point.

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 36 min thetruth 9,243
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min thetruth 236,842
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 45 min thetruth 6,406
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 17,952
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr DebraE 14,498
News Confessions of a black atheist 5 hr Samoan Irish 9
News The Consequences of Atheism 6 hr JesusWasNOTaJew -... 1,110
More from around the web