Islam to become Ireland's second bigg...

Islam to become Ireland's second biggest religion in three decades

There are 27 comments on the The Irish World Newspaper story from Jan 2, 2014, titled Islam to become Ireland's second biggest religion in three decades. In it, The Irish World Newspaper reports that:

A new survey has revealed that the number of Irish atheists and agnostics will increase by 400 percent in ten years, and that Islam will become the country's second biggest religion inside the next 30 years The number of Irish atheists and agnostics has gone up by 400 percent in Ireland between 1991 and 2011 to a total of 277,237.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Irish World Newspaper.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#21 Jan 6, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There's two kinds of Islam, the good one and the bad one. Stop being ignorant and Look it up.
There are two types of religious apologists, the ignorant and the deluded.

You belong to both.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#22 Jan 8, 2014
jinn wrote:
30 years is a long time and I don't think Islam will be around during that time due to the fact that all there nations are on the brink of civil war and not to mention that most Muslims are finding out the truth about there religion and leaving to join other religions and also becoming atheist and agnostic so in actual fact Islam is shrinking and dying out you only have to see the proof with there made up stats and facts and lies this is a classic way of a soon to be extinct organization acts " take as many before you go" attitude and they know this that is way they are trying there hardest to force there culture on us there doing it out of desperation there stone age religion is dying
The potential civil wars are between different factions of muslims, each claiming to be the most islamic. The partisanship involved keeps the zeal level up.
jinn

Birmingham, UK

#23 Jan 8, 2014
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I did, but you provide no link.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/irish-rank-...
Most Irish attitudes are more realistic. My family comes from Eire and none of us believes in gods and we aren't religious.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europ...
The survey showed that those Irish who considered themselves religious had fallen from 69 per cent in 2011 to less than half today. Ireland was ranked seventh in the 57 countries for those describing themselves as convinced atheists.
Religion = superstition
Unquote.
its because atheism is beginning to overtake all religions so in actual fact in the future it looks like there will be no religions
Jim

Cambridge, UK

#24 Jan 9, 2014
jinn wrote:
<quoted text> its because atheism is beginning to overtake all religions so in actual fact in the future it looks like there will be no religions
Atheism isn't a religion, its a disbelief in god, religion & the poor people that choose to lie about / around it.
Jesus Is

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#25 Jan 9, 2014
Mujahid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ISLAM spread so FAST and spreading FASTER even now
1 TIMOTHY 4:1
'1. The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow DECEIVING SPIRITS AND THINGS TAUGHT BY DEMONS.
2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.'
Jesus Is

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#26 Jan 9, 2014
jinn wrote:
<quoted text> its because atheism is beginning to overtake all religions so in actual fact in the future it looks like there will be no religions
a
SHOW US YOUR LINKS!
jinn

Birmingham, UK

#27 Jan 9, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion, its a disbelief in god, religion & the poor people that choose to lie about / around it.
I know atheism isn't a religion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,169
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 12
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 760
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Science 76,945
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 8 hr Dogen 4,309
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr superwilly 258,476
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
More from around the web