The running of the blood

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: Enter Stage Right 270

When an atheist says he or she can love, then such atheism is already more than halfway to belief in an almighty God.

Full Story
Amused

Princeton, MA

#161 Jul 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes-- you fantasize about large women. We get it The Almighty Tzar.
What else? Many Genuine Christians™ are overweight, and I'm sure you are too...
... but you are so not my type Almighty Tzar.
If you superimposed a map of the bible belt over a map showing the states with the largest percentage of the population who qualify as obese or overweight, there would be an amazing amount of overlap.

Apparently, gluttony was quietly dropped from the list of seven deadly sins. Likely to make room for rationality.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#162 Jul 12, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
I can truthfully say, none of you will ever see life as it was meant to be, only the obedient children of Jehovah God will inherit the new world, soon to be here.
Psalm 37:11
Enjoy whatever time you have left, pigs love to wallow in slimy mud as do the haters of Jehovah God and righteousness love to hear themselves sound like Satan, their father.
"I can truthfully say, none of you will ever see life as it was meant to be" And I can say that you will never see life as it should be, there is nothing after you die; no great court house, no reunion, not even a small theme park in which to live out your eternity. There shall be no new world either now or later unless we make it ourselves. It is a slow and difficult enterprise that we have only just started to get on schedule, worst of all God has done nothing to help us he has in fact tried to prevent us from creating our man made promised land as we shall soon see.
"only the obedient children of Jehovah God will inherit the new world, soon to be here." Repeat after me... hell-fire no matter the form is black mail!
"Enjoy whatever time you have left, pigs love to wallow in slimy mud as do the haters of Jehovah God and righteousness love to hear themselves sound like Satan, their father." You not only call us sons of Satan but pigs who love their sin. So lets get back to the part when I said that God is a hinders humanity, as a starting point let us look back to the Old Testament to 1 Samuel 15:2-3.
"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."
Now think for a second, when one is wronged one does not punish the wrongdoers loved ones who had no say in his/her actions as well. But yet what occurs here God orders the killing of children who are to young who are to understand anything that goes on in the world, and the the killing of animals who can't even think. If God really work on the ideas of justice then God would have ordered the killing of the army, as they and they only wronged the Israelites, but he did not, he work on the idea of "sins of a farther" the men of the Amalek army are not guilty, all Amalekites are guilty regardless of the fact that most of them didn't even have a say on the matter of who their army kills.
If God was so great then why did we turn away from the "sins of a farther" model of punishment. One cannot say that one may punish those who are connected to a sinner if they themselves haven't done anything... One can only say that God was evil and is the one wallowing in sin! We have become better than God and shall become even better, all that we need do now is become more powerful then him and considering how we are beginning to look into the printing of buildings instead of their construction, it shall not be long now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Nottingham, UK

#163 Jul 12, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can truthfully say, none of you will ever see life as it was meant to be" And I can say that you will never see life as it should be, there is nothing after you die; no great court house, no reunion, not even a small theme park in which to live out your eternity. There shall be no new world either now or later unless we make it ourselves. It is a slow and difficult enterprise that we have only just started to get on schedule, worst of all God has done nothing to help us he has in fact tried to prevent us from creating our man made promised land as we shall soon see.
"only the obedient children of Jehovah God will inherit the new world, soon to be here." Repeat after me... hell-fire no matter the form is black mail!
"Enjoy whatever time you have left, pigs love to wallow in slimy mud as do the haters of Jehovah God and righteousness love to hear themselves sound like Satan, their father." You not only call us sons of Satan but pigs who love their sin. So lets get back to the part when I said that God is a hinders humanity, as a starting point let us look back to the Old Testament to 1 Samuel 15:2-3.
"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."
Now think for a second, when one is wronged one does not punish the wrongdoers loved ones who had no say in his/her actions as well. But yet what occurs here God orders the killing of children who are to young who are to understand anything that goes on in the world, and the the killing of animals who can't even think. If God really work on the ideas of justice then God would have ordered the killing of the army, as they and they only wronged the Israelites, but he did not, he work on the idea of "sins of a farther" the men of the Amalek army are not guilty, all Amalekites are guilty regardless of the fact that most of them didn't even have a say on the matter of who their army kills.
If God was so great then why did we turn away from the "sins of a farther" model of punishment. One cannot say that one may punish those who are connected to a sinner if they themselves haven't done anything... One can only say that God was evil and is the one wallowing in sin! We have become better than God and shall become even better, all that we need do now is become more powerful then him and considering how we are beginning to look into the printing of buildings instead of their construction, it shall not be long now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_YiPLjozLdUXX http://www.youtube.com/watch...
True CW rated this didn't he...
Regardless if anyone has a comment on my last post why don't you just reply to it, the button is on the top right so just use it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#164 Jul 12, 2013
I can truthfully say, none of you will ever see life as it was meant to be
What?

Acting like mindless sheep, literal slaves to your ugly and fortunately mythical god?

That's not a very pretty picture.

But it **is** consistent with your horrid bible.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#165 Jul 12, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If you superimposed a map of the bible belt over a map showing the states with the largest percentage of the population who qualify as obese or overweight, there would be an amazing amount of overlap.

Apparently, gluttony was quietly dropped from the list of seven deadly sins. Likely to make room for rationality.
Your observations are spot-on target.

I would say the vast majority of Genuine Christians™ are so overweight they could qualify as disabled.

They also die, on average, younger than non-Genuine Christians™(a group which includes your more liberal/moderate christians as well as others).

I once heard it said, as I was growing up, that a skinny preacher was likely up to no good....!

... and the commentator was deadly serious....

... meh
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#166 Jul 12, 2013
The fact is, the majority of Americans are overweight, and obesity is not just among Christians, but is now an American identity. The food industry and the life styles of most Americans are the reason these people are fat.

The more money a person has, also contributes to his obesity, a rich man's diet is not fattening, it's his gluttony that is satisfied, with money.
1Timothy 6:9,10

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#167 Jul 12, 2013
The fact is, the majority of Americans are overweight, and obesity is not just among Christians, but is now an American identity. The food industry and the life styles of most Americans are the reason these people are fat.
No--it's almost exclusively among Genuine Christians™.

The more "christian" you are, the more likely you are fat.

That's the way it works-- your stupid cult makes people overeat...

... why not?

You have a magical "cure", right? Jewsus?

... meh.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#168 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No--it's almost exclusively among Genuine Christians™.
The more "christian" you are, the more likely you are fat.
That's the way it works-- your stupid cult makes people overeat...
... why not?
You have a magical "cure", right? Jewsus?
... meh.
I cannot see why, gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. Then again, most of them are cafeteria Christians. They only obey what is convenient. It is ironic that some of the greatest homophobes are obese xtians even though gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins and not homosexuality.

Nottingham, UK

#169 Jul 13, 2013
The more money a person has, also contributes to his obesity, a rich man's diet is not fattening, it's his gluttony that is satisfied, with money.
Who are you talking to?
"The fact is, the majority of Americans are overweight, and obesity is not just among Christians, but is now an American identity."
No the majority of Americans are not overweight only 32.2% of adults suffed from obesity in 2010, it's alot but not the majority.
"The more money a person has, also contributes to his obesity, a rich man's diet is not fattening, it's his gluttony that is satisfied, with money." Are we talking about greed or obesity?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170 Jul 13, 2013
More no proof of god from the creationist liar troll.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#171 Jul 13, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?
"The fact is, the majority of Americans are overweight, and obesity is not just among Christians, but is now an American identity."
No the majority of Americans are not overweight only 32.2% of adults suffed from obesity in 2010, it's alot but not the majority.
"The more money a person has, also contributes to his obesity, a rich man's diet is not fattening, it's his gluttony that is satisfied, with money." Are we talking about greed or obesity?
You should not repeat a statement to make your understanding clear, it lacks intelligence in your worth.

Nottingham, UK

#172 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You should not repeat a statement to make your understanding clear, it lacks intelligence in your worth.
All right, in which post did I first say this statement and was it in response to you?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#173 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>You should not repeat a statement to make your understanding clear, it lacks intelligence in your worth.
It lacks intelligence to say that 30% is not majority?
What planet did you come from?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174 Jul 13, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot see why, gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. Then again, most of them are cafeteria Christians. They only obey what is convenient. It is ironic that some of the greatest homophobes are obese xtians even though gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins and not homosexuality.
The vast majority of Genuine Christians™ in the good old USA, pretty much ignore 100% of the "7 deadly sins" schtick....

... a quick glance at what sells on TV will show you that quickly enough.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175 Jul 13, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?
Ain't it interesting that roughly 32% of the overweight is similar to the percentage of Fundie Christians (if you lump together the fundie-brands, that is)?

I do find this ... interesting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
The above irony is brought to you by Genuine Christian Stupidity™.

Note the above complaining about intelligence, while at the same time, using improper grammatical structure.

Irony is a beautiful thing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177 Jul 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It lacks intelligence to say that 30% is not majority?
What planet did you come from?
Genuine Christian Stupidity™.

Sadly, it's not an exclusive club...

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#178 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>Genuine Christian Stupidity™.

Sadly, it's not an exclusive club...
It's hilarious at least!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#179 Jul 13, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious at least!
\

Yes.... yes it is.

:)
Amused

Amesbury, MA

#180 Jul 15, 2013
Actually, poor people are more likely to be overweight/obese. The junk with all the extra fats, sodium, sugar etc. is cheaper than healthy food. In addition, in the inner cities, there are many "food deserts", where there are no real supermarkets with fresh produce and meats, just convenience stores with limited choices of preservative, sugar, fat and sodium-laden processed food. If that's your only choice, you are going to eat poorly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 8 min Carchar king 4
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 40 min rfirma 904
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 231,854
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 13 hr thetruth 14,438
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 hr thetruth 17
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 13 hr tha Professor 1
Siro is writing a new book Sun thetruth 5

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE