The running of the blood

The running of the blood

There are 270 comments on the Enter Stage Right story from Jun 23, 2013, titled The running of the blood. In it, Enter Stage Right reports that:

When an atheist says he or she can love, then such atheism is already more than halfway to belief in an almighty God.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Enter Stage Right.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#81 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the same way as you do. I'm gay. If I had a choice, I would have been straight. My life would have been better. Most people just don't understand.
If we weren't gay, we wouldn't have to come out, we wouldn't have to deal with bigots denying out rights, we wouldn't have to deal with the higher chances of getting attacked for our sexuality, and so on.

Very little people would choose to be gay.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#82 Jul 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>If everyone was as tolerant as they should be, and we weren't saddled with a history of homophobia, would you still feel that way?

Or is it just impossible for you to tell?
If people minded their own business and simply lived under the rule of do no harm, then I'm guessing both emperor and I would not mind being gay.
It's the fact that people do mind other people's business, even when it has no affect on their lives at all.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#83 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>If people minded their own business and simply lived under the rule of do no harm, then I'm guessing both emperor and I would not mind being gay.
It's the fact that people do mind other people's business, even when it has no affect on their lives at all.
Sorry, "It's the fact that people do mind other people's business, even when it has no affect on their lives at all *that makes us say that.*"

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#84 Jul 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If everyone was as tolerant as they should be, and we weren't saddled with a history of homophobia, would you still feel that way?
Or is it just impossible for you to tell?
<quoted text>
A little bit, because us gays can't have kids. But I wouldn't feel it at the extent that I feel it now.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#85 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If we weren't gay, we wouldn't have to come out, we wouldn't have to deal with bigots denying out rights, we wouldn't have to deal with the higher chances of getting attacked for our sexuality, and so on.
Very little people would choose to be gay.
The religious bigots are so desperate to prove that we choose our orientation rather than admit that their buybull is shyt. I wonder how they can explain the existence of hermaphrodites, born as members of both genders, since they say that god made only Adam and Eve?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#86 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If people minded their own business and simply lived under the rule of do no harm, then I'm guessing both emperor and I would not mind being gay.
It's the fact that people do mind other people's business, even when it has no affect on their lives at all.
Too bad we live in a world where people can't seem to stop minding other people's business. In certain neighborhoods, one's neighbors will go after a person if they have a house of a different or unique color. In this country, it is illegal to pay a women for sex, but it is perfectly legal to have sex with a hundred women or for porn stars to have sex for money.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#87 Jul 5, 2013
Thanks to both lacez and emperorjohn.

I still think things are getting better, but as a middle class straight man, I would do, wouldn't I?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#88 Jul 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Thanks to both lacez and emperorjohn.
I still think things are getting better, but as a middle class straight man, I would do, wouldn't I?
Things are getting better in western societies, but not in many third world countries where things have gotten worse.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#89 Jul 5, 2013
Enjoy what life you have left, it's all your going to have.

Whereas the meek people of this earth who know and love Jehovah God are going to survive the end of this world and live in God's new world of peace and happiness.

It will be wonderful to live in a world without sickness, crime or war and no more tears ever. All the animals tame and willing to serve man, no more abuse of any kind.

Being in a Christian religion that teaches false doctrines as Trinity god, immortal soul, rapture, and many more, are going to be destroyed by God's heavenly government very soon. Revelation 18:4 Revelation 17:15-18
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#90 Jul 5, 2013
It's "you're".
True Christian witness wrote:
Enjoy what life you have left, it's all your going to have.
Whereas the meek people of this earth who know and love Jehovah God are going to survive the end of this world and live in God's new world of peace and happiness.
It will be wonderful to live in a world without sickness, crime or war and no more tears ever. All the animals tame and willing to serve man, no more abuse of any kind.
Being in a Christian religion that teaches false doctrines as Trinity god, immortal soul, rapture, and many more, are going to be destroyed by God's heavenly government very soon. Revelation 18:4 Revelation 17:15-18

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#91 Jul 5, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Being in a Christian religion that teaches false doctrines as Trinity god, immortal soul, rapture, and many more, are going to be destroyed by God's heavenly government very soon. Revelation 18:4 Revelation 17:15-18
You left out the false doctrine of original sin.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#92 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>The religious bigots are so desperate to prove that we choose our orientation rather than admit that their buybull is shyt. I wonder how they can explain the existence of hermaphrodites, born as members of both genders, since they say that god made only Adam and Eve?
They don't, they deviate and ignore the subject.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#93 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad we live in a world where people can't seem to stop minding other people's business. In certain neighborhoods, one's neighbors will go after a person if they have a house of a different or unique color. In this country, it is illegal to pay a women for sex, but it is perfectly legal to have sex with a hundred women or for porn stars to have sex for money.
It's all backwards...did you hear about the neighbours of the Westboro Baptist Church that painted their house in the colours of the gay flag?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#94 Jul 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Thanks to both lacez and emperorjohn.

I still think things are getting better, but as a middle class straight man, I would do, wouldn't I?
They ARE getting better, but they're still not good.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#95 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Things are getting better in western societies, but not in many third world countries where things have gotten worse.
That too.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#96 Jul 5, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Enjoy what life you have left, it's all your going to have.

Whereas the meek people of this earth who know and love Jehovah God are going to survive the end of this world and live in God's new world of peace and happiness.

It will be wonderful to live in a world without sickness, crime or war and no more tears ever. All the animals tame and willing to serve man, no more abuse of any kind.

Being in a Christian religion that teaches false doctrines as Trinity god, immortal soul, rapture, and many more, are going to be destroyed by God's heavenly government very soon. Revelation 18:4 Revelation 17:15-18
Oh wait, you're a Jehovah's Witness on top of being a religious bigot?

Your credibility just sunk even lower, and I didn't know it was possible to have less credibility than none.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#97 Jul 5, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Enjoy what life you have left, it's all your going to have.
Whereas the meek people of this earth who know and love Jehovah God are going to survive the end of this world and live in God's new world of peace and happiness.
It will be wonderful to live in a world without sickness, crime or war and no more tears ever. All the animals tame and willing to serve man, no more abuse of any kind.
Being in a Christian religion that teaches false doctrines as Trinity god, immortal soul, rapture, and many more, are going to be destroyed by God's heavenly government very soon. Revelation 18:4 Revelation 17:15-18
Why are you still here? Why can't you just reply to someone? Why the F*** do I have to clean you mess.
"Enjoy what life you have left, it's all your going to have." BLACK MAIL BLACK MAIL why can't you hand out white mail? Oh right you call gay's queers.
"Whereas the meek people of this earth who know and love Jehovah God are going to survive the end of this world and live in God's new world of peace and happiness." Right you think that you are a member of the selected few to get eternal life, this is being meek?
"It will be wonderful to live in a world without sickness, crime or war and no more tears ever. All the animals tame and willing to serve man, no more abuse of any kind." Now you say that everything on earth will bow down to you... I repeat the above.
Now will you actually reply to someone or will you F*** off...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#98 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one, I'm an English speaker living in a province where a lot of people hate English speakers.
But that's an entirely different subject.
Regarding discrimination against gay people, I was thinking of donating blood, for example.
In order to donate blood, as a gay man, I used to not be able to at all, do to the rejection of any male who has had sex with another male anytime between now and the 90's.
Now, it's different, but still horribly dumb and obviously discriminatory.
Now, if you are a male who has had sex with another male in the 5 years prior to wanting to donate, you cannot do so.
So in order to give blood, I have to be celibate for 5 years prior to donating.
On the other hand, a prostitute can give blood whenever they want, as long as they're straight or lesbian.
Even a person that has sex once a day with different people could donate blood, as long as they're straight or lesbian.
Only gay men cannot give blood.
I did not know that-- that's serious discrimination.

Especially in light of the fact that they test **all** blood donations, regardless, simply for liability reasons.

(gotta love that profit margin-- always comes before even human life, it seems... ugg)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#99 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel the same way as you do. I'm gay. If I had a choice, I would have been straight. My life would have been better. Most people just don't understand.
I cannot understand your view--true. But I most certainly did not **choose** to be straight-- it was something beyond my control.

I expect it's the same for you; clearly that seems obvious to me.

Of course, the "waters" are "muddied" by people who are neither straight nor gay-- the so-called bisexual. I suspect these folk did not choose to be that way either, it's simply not important to their worldview, the gender of a potential partner.

Life's complicated enough as it is, without ugly religion imposing bullshit onto everyone.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#100 Jul 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If people minded their own business and simply lived under the rule of do no harm, then I'm guessing both emperor and I would not mind being gay.
It's the fact that people do mind other people's business, even when it has no affect on their lives at all.
I saw a lovely Facebook meme the other day:

"I went to Subway, to get a sandwich. I was horrified because the man in front of me, did not get the same sandwich that I was going to."

Someone buying a sandwich at Subway different from yours, affects you exactly the same way that marriage equality does:

.... not at all.

:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 min lightbeamrider 1,750
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr nanoanomaly 27,240
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 128
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 57,830
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 5,954
god belief down to 28% in UK 6 hr Eagle 12 123
carbon 14 dating very inaccurate (Jun '12) 7 hr Eagle 12 72
More from around the web