The running of the blood

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: Enter Stage Right 270

When an atheist says he or she can love, then such atheism is already more than halfway to belief in an almighty God.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#261 Aug 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
My smartest cat, Butler (or simply Butt or Buttcat-- long story) died from that at the venerable age of 14.
I was quite sad-- so I sympathize with *your* loss as well.
Butler was an in-and-out cat, and contracted his death-disease from other local neighborhood cats.
... meh.
As a result? My current cat, Galileo, is strictly an inside kitty. He's well past 10 himself, and has settled down to a once-a-week run though the house like a wild animal...
... <snerk>
I'm sorry to hear that :( Mittens was an inside cat only so I'm not sure how she contracted hers. I think the doctor said though that sometimes it just happens.

I used to love to watch mine when she got excited and ran around the house like crazy.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#262 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>:)

I don't fault you here-- it's a personal thing for me, I despise cutting up pets, just to suit the lazy human or worse-- what some moron thinks is "cool" or "stylish"...

.. as such, I despise all tail bobbing, all forms of ear cropping too. I consider those things abominations.

In fact? If I didn't live in the city, I'd not spay my cat either-- and I kinda feel bad that I did it anyhow.

But I really didn't want excess kittens every so often, so...

Call me an animal purist, if you wish. I'll accept that criticism.

;)
In instances where it's for the cat's health though, it is acceptable.
For example, we had to amputate most of our cat's tail to try and prevent tumors from spreading to the rest of her...it didn't work, sadly, a little got past and ended up in her lungs.

Location hidden

#263 Aug 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
For example, we had to amputate most of our cat's tail to try and prevent tumors from spreading to the rest of her...it didn't work, sadly, a little got past and ended up in her lungs.
:( I agree...if I had to do it for a health reason I most definitely would. I would do anything for my pets...they are not just pets, they are family.
Thinking

UK

#264 Aug 1, 2013
Cats and dogs just don't last long enough, do they?
Actually, cats are living longer but dogs seem to have hit some barrier.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>

Montreal

#265 Aug 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Cats and dogs just don't last long enough, do they?
Actually, cats are living longer but dogs seem to have hit some barrier.
It depends...in the case of my cat I mentioned above, she lives to an old age of 17.
My second cat had to be put down due to a stroke that was supposedly very painful, she died at 14.

Montreal

#266 Aug 1, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>:( I agree...if I had to do it for a health reason I most definitely would. I would do anything for my pets...they are not just pets, they are family.
They ARE family, you are correct.
I haven't had a pet in a while, but soon.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#267 Aug 1, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Bob... I would have never let my parent's do it if I thought it was going to be that harmful to her. She always did fine though. She could still scale things with her back claws, and she was always happy still. I don't do things like ear cropping or tail bobbing. Its not necessary at all. We have a schnauzer and I think he is so much cuter with his floppy ears :D

The feline leukemia was horrible. She was 11 years old when she got sick, and I had already gotten married and she lived with my parents because I couldn't have pets where we lived. She was so pitiful. I had to have her put to sleep. They tried treatment, but it didn't help, and I couldn't watch her suffer. Aside from losing my mother, that is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Loosing a beloved pet often creates more stress than even divorce, according to some surveys.

I had to put Butler down too-- it sucks. At the end, unless he was on antibiotics, he felt like shyt--wouldn't even lick his favorite canned tuna.

But **on** the antibiotics, he had distress in his digestive system-- and couldn't keep it down.

There was no solution here, other than to let him go gracefully-- which I did. I hated doing it, but it would've been selfish of me to keep him going under those conditions.

... meh. I still stress a little, and it's been more than 10 years past.

I'd get a second kitty, but Galileo (the current king of the castle) is most territorial, and won't have any.

So...

Location hidden

#268 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Loosing a beloved pet often creates more stress than even divorce, according to some surveys.
I had to put Butler down too-- it sucks. At the end, unless he was on antibiotics, he felt like shyt--wouldn't even lick his favorite canned tuna.
But **on** the antibiotics, he had distress in his digestive system-- and couldn't keep it down.
There was no solution here, other than to let him go gracefully-- which I did. I hated doing it, but it would've been selfish of me to keep him going under those conditions.
I'd get a second kitty, but Galileo (the current king of the castle) is most territorial, and won't have any.
So...
Losing her was more stressful than my divorce for sure. I have a chihuahua now, and a schnauzer as I said, and there would be no having another pet in the house with those two lol.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#269 Aug 2, 2013
<quoted text>
So...
Bandit, my male cat is very jealous and territorial. We brought a female cat, Fatty, so that he could have company, but he got angry and tried to attack her. The two of them don't get along. He doesn't come around as much now that she's here.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#270 Aug 2, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Bandit, my male cat is very jealous and territorial. We brought a female cat, Fatty, so that he could have company, but he got angry and tried to attack her. The two of them don't get along. He doesn't come around as much now that she's here.
Yeah... some cats are like that.

One day in the (hopefully) distant future, Galileo will die of old age.

Then, I'll start with **two** cats at the same time...

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min paul porter 16,891
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 37 min Pahu 1,666
The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr polymath257 822
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr ChristineM 4,892
Religiosity 3 hr NightSerf 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr ChristineM 6,060
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 235,783
More from around the web