The running of the blood

The running of the blood

There are 270 comments on the Enter Stage Right story from Jun 23, 2013, titled The running of the blood. In it, Enter Stage Right reports that:

When an atheist says he or she can love, then such atheism is already more than halfway to belief in an almighty God.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Enter Stage Right.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#221 Jul 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>And people do get presents on Dec 25...

;)
True, true.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#222 Jul 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait for the marriage in a year or so when we have our own place.
Even better. Best wishes for the both of you.

So.... will you be getting a cat or are you more of a dog person?

:D

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#223 Jul 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Even better. Best wishes for the both of you.

So.... will you be getting a cat or are you more of a dog person?

:D
A dog person, cats are cute, but they don't play with you.
I'm thinking a corgi/husky mix :P

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#224 Jul 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A dog person, cats are cute, but they don't play with you.
I'm thinking a corgi/husky mix :P
:)

Anyone can make friends with a dog-- feed'em and they're your pal for life-- or until the food runs out.

LOL!

But a cat takes patience to befriend. And maybe not even then...

... <grin>

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#225 Jul 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>:)

Anyone can make friends with a dog-- feed'em and they're your pal for life-- or until the food runs out.

LOL!

But a cat takes patience to befriend. And maybe not even then...

... <grin>
Cats are just mean sometimes though, like knocking stuff over for no reason.
I had two cats in the past, one of them never really liked me until near its end.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#226 Jul 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A dog person, cats are cute, but they don't play with you.
I'm thinking a corgi/husky mix :P
I am a cat person, dogs bark too much for me.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#227 Jul 20, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Anyone can make friends with a dog-- feed'em and they're your pal for life-- or until the food runs out.
LOL!
But a cat takes patience to befriend. And maybe not even then...
... <grin>
My new cat has been in my house for several weeks and she refuses to leave her hiding spots, save to run and eat. She is scared because my previous male cat had gotten mad when he saw her and tried to scratch her.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#228 Jul 21, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>I am a cat person, dogs bark too much for me.
That's true, but that's why you try and go for a quiet dog.
Corgis are pretty quiet for dogs.
Anyways, if anything, there are ways to train them not to bark a lot.
For example, scold them when they do, they learn over time.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#229 Jul 21, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>My new cat has been in my house for several weeks and she refuses to leave her hiding spots, save to run and eat. She is scared because my previous male cat had gotten mad when he saw her and tried to scratch her.
That sucks, mine used to do that because it was an abandoned/wild/lost cat.
We tried to find its owners but couldn't (so my mom says, I was too young) so we gave it it's shots and declawed it. Our other cat at the time immediately treated it like a child (it was maybe 3 years older).
The older one was Fluffy, the younger was Tiger.

Fluffy actually used to guard me as I slept as a baby, she was an awesomely odd cat, fetching rolled up bags and wanting to go on walks with her cat leash.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#230 Jul 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Cats are just mean sometimes though, like knocking stuff over for no reason.
I had two cats in the past, one of them never really liked me until near its end.
Yes.. cats get bored easily.

But then, so do really smart dogs-- who, being larger, tend to destroy entire couches, instead of knocking stuff to the floor.

:D

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#231 Jul 21, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
My new cat has been in my house for several weeks and she refuses to leave her hiding spots, save to run and eat. She is scared because my previous male cat had gotten mad when he saw her and tried to scratch her.
I'm sorry to hear that-- hopefully she will come around eventually.

Try coaxing her out with a tablespoon of real tuna... amazing how letting her lick that off your fingers, she'll come to accept your smell/taste.

:D

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#232 Jul 21, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.. cats get bored easily.

But then, so do really smart dogs-- who, being larger, tend to destroy entire couches, instead of knocking stuff to the floor.

:D
That's why I'm getting a smaller dog :P
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#233 Jul 22, 2013
Getting a cat declawed could get you 1 year in jail or a £20,000 fine in the UK.

Same thing goes for those freaks that make Doberman ears look like Anubis.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That sucks, mine used to do that because it was an abandoned/wild/lost cat.
We tried to find its owners but couldn't (so my mom says, I was too young) so we gave it it's shots and declawed it. Our other cat at the time immediately treated it like a child (it was maybe 3 years older).
The older one was Fluffy, the younger was Tiger.
Fluffy actually used to guard me as I slept as a baby, she was an awesomely odd cat, fetching rolled up bags and wanting to go on walks with her cat leash.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#234 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Getting a cat declawed could get you 1 year in jail or a £20,000 fine in the UK.

Same thing goes for those freaks that make Doberman ears look like Anubis.
Well, it's to prevent them from scratching the furniture.

We only declawed the front, if that's any better.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#235 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Getting a cat declawed could get you 1 year in jail or a £20,000 fine in the UK.
Same thing goes for those freaks that make Doberman ears look like Anubis.
<quoted text>
I'm with you there-- it even bothers me to get them spayed (but I do it because there are too many un-homed pets).

But declawing literally removes the last knuckle of the paw...!!

Imagine having the last knuckle of your hands stripped...

....!!!

... uggg.

Claws are part and parcel to pet ownership-- don't like that?

Don't get a pet.

That's my opinion, of course. Others' may differ, naturally.

But **I** won't mutilate my pets, just to save ...

....**things***.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#236 Jul 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you there-- it even bothers me to get them spayed (but I do it because there are too many un-homed pets).

But declawing literally removes the last knuckle of the paw...!!

Imagine having the last knuckle of your hands stripped...

....!!!

... uggg.

Claws are part and parcel to pet ownership-- don't like that?

Don't get a pet.

That's my opinion, of course. Others' may differ, naturally.

But **I** won't mutilate my pets, just to save ...

....**things***.
See, that's the other reason I'll get a dog...less chance of them tearing up furniture with claws. Though they do still tear up furniture, they can be trained not to.

It's very hard to train a cat.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#237 Jul 23, 2013
F**k your furniture.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's to prevent them from scratching the furniture.
We only declawed the front, if that's any better.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#238 Jul 23, 2013
My friends were able to introduce a scratching post to their cat quite early on - and they are extremely house proud. So it can be done if you invest the time.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you there-- it even bothers me to get them spayed (but I do it because there are too many un-homed pets).
But declawing literally removes the last knuckle of the paw...!!
Imagine having the last knuckle of your hands stripped...
....!!!
... uggg.
Claws are part and parcel to pet ownership-- don't like that?
Don't get a pet.
That's my opinion, of course. Others' may differ, naturally.
But **I** won't mutilate my pets, just to save ...
....**things***.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#239 Jul 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>F**k your furniture.
Hey, I was 5, I was in no position to make any decisions.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#240 Jul 23, 2013
Maybe cats are reincarnated furnishing critics!
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I was 5, I was in no position to make any decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min Reason Personified 15,004
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min MIDutch 35,513
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 min Bottom Line 20,194
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min superwilly 255,551
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,493
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 45
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr ChristineM 23,879
More from around the web