The running of the blood

Jun 23, 2013 Full story: Enter Stage Right 270

When an atheist says he or she can love, then such atheism is already more than halfway to belief in an almighty God.

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#181 Jul 15, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, poor people are more likely to be overweight/obese. The junk with all the extra fats, sodium, sugar etc. is cheaper than healthy food. In addition, in the inner cities, there are many "food deserts", where there are no real supermarkets with fresh produce and meats, just convenience stores with limited choices of preservative, sugar, fat and sodium-laden processed food. If that's your only choice, you are going to eat poorly.
Another interesting statistic is this:

People who are under-educated also tend to be poor, and they tend to have children who are subsequently under-educated as well-- and who end up ... poor.

And still another: the average level of education within the membership of any given religious brand, appears to correlate directly with how fundamentalist the religious-brand is.

That is-- the more fundie a church is, the **more** likely that it's membership is mostly (if not entirely) not-educated much, if at all.

And also that they are mostly poor.

And .... overweight too.

It all goes together like a sad little oppressive puzzle.

Religion has these beautiful (if empty) promises of magical wish-granting and other nonsense.

Who more gullible than someone who is desperately poor, not very educated, and living in horrid conditions too?

I feel sad for them.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#182 Jul 15, 2013
In spite of all the education available on what is fattening and what is not, a person will eat whatever he wants, and do whatever he wants, he has free will to be fat if he wants to be. He can be a drunk, a homosexual, a thief or a saint.

It is the person who wants to follow Jesus and be a true Christian today, that person will put aside his selfish desires and try to make Jehovah God happy, to obey God rather than any man.

Do not be loaded down with over eating, drinking and anxieties of life. To overeat is a sin, same as over drinking and over worry about your life.

If you do not burn up by exercise the calories you take into your body, they will go into your fat storage, simple as that. Eat low carbohydrate foods, none made with sugar, wheat, corn or potatoes and your fat will be gone in no time.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#183 Jul 15, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
In spite of all the education available on what is fattening and what is not, a person will eat whatever he wants, and do whatever he wants, he has free will to be fat if he wants to be. He can be a drunk, a homosexual, a thief or a saint.
It is the person who wants to follow Jesus and be a true Christian today, that person will put aside his selfish desires and try to make Jehovah God happy, to obey God rather than any man.
Do not be loaded down with over eating, drinking and anxieties of life. To overeat is a sin, same as over drinking and over worry about your life.
If you do not burn up by exercise the calories you take into your body, they will go into your fat storage, simple as that. Eat low carbohydrate foods, none made with sugar, wheat, corn or potatoes and your fat will be gone in no time.
"In spite of all the education available on what is fattening and what is not, a person will eat whatever he wants, and do whatever he wants, he has free will to be fat if he wants to be. He can be a drunk, a homosexual, a thief or a saint."
No homosexuality is not a choice unless you are bi... which considering how much you like to talk about homosexuality you probably are. For a start we know that gay brains look like that of a straight woman which shows that who we like is innate.

"It is the person who wants to follow Jesus and be a true Christian today, that person will put aside his selfish desires and try to make Jehovah God happy, to obey God rather than any man." Right let's turn that on its head. God, who is in want of nothing, in need of nothing and at risk of nothing declares that the best thing a human can do, who is wanting, needing, at at risk, is to worship him. Why? God is set for life but we aren't. So why does God ask for something he does not need? Considering that the only unforgivable sin is to say OMG as it is blasphemy.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/lk/12.html#...
God is just a mardy little S***, hurting his feelings is wose than stabbing someone shows this God should be a little less selfish.

"Do not be loaded down with over eating, drinking and anxieties of life. To overeat is a sin, same as over drinking and over worry about your life." Over worrying is a SIN! Over worrying is the biggest sign that you want to take responsibility for your life, are you saying we should just go where ever the wind takes us!?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#184 Jul 15, 2013
Nothing in your rant above, explains why **most** of you Genuine Christians™ are also ...

.... Genuinely Fat.

But we have shown one reason:***most** of your christian-types are also uneducated.

And it appears that a lack of education makes it more likely for a person to fall ...

.... for your lies.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#185 Jul 17, 2013
The Scriptures are not talking to you, what makes you think God can tell you anything...you are not open to any agreement of truth.

The Scriptures were written to God's people who considered them his children, they were Jews and then Christian followers of Jesus his son, only a very few Jews and pagan Gentiles who did learn to know, love and serve Jehovah God, as Jesus taught. You do not know anything about the God of the Bible or what truth is.

You write nothing worth reading, just like hot air and smelly at that.
Amused

Clinton, MA

#186 Jul 17, 2013
The Scriptures are not talking to you, what makes you think God can tell you anything...you are not open to any agreement of truth.
The Scriptures were written to God's people who considered them his children, they were Jews and then Christian followers of Jesus his son, only a very few Jews and pagan Gentiles who did learn to know, love and serve Jehovah God, as Jesus taught. You do not know anything about the God of the Bible or what truth is.
Shorter TCW: I have a secret bible decoder ring and you don't. Neener, neener.

Nottingham, UK

#187 Jul 17, 2013
"The Scriptures are not talking to you, what makes you think God can tell you anything...you are not open to any agreement of truth." Wait are you saying that the only people open to Gods word are people who believe God's word?
"The Scriptures were written to God's people who considered them his children" Well I can't say you didn't answer my question this time...
"they were Jews and then Christian followers of Jesus his son, only a very few Jews and pagan Gentiles who did learn to know, love and serve Jehovah God, as Jesus taught." How did this happen?
"You do not know anything about the God of the Bible or what truth is." WHO THE F*** ARE YOU TALKING TO?

"You write nothing worth reading, just like hot air and smelly at that." Funny not once have you taken the time to refute post 141 even though I called you a coward, and said you should try and refute post 141 if you were not. No one has the right to say that someone is full of hot air in till they actually attack the B.S. So when have you responded to one of us when we make a argument.
Amused

Southbridge, MA

#188 Jul 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your observations are spot-on target.
I would say the vast majority of Genuine Christians™ are so overweight they could qualify as disabled.
They also die, on average, younger than non-Genuine Christians™(a group which includes your more liberal/moderate christians as well as others).
I once heard it said, as I was growing up, that a skinny preacher was likely up to no good....!
... and the commentator was deadly serious....
... meh
I guess the bible belt needs to be let out a couple of notches.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#189 Jul 18, 2013
The Bible says, a heart full of hate will kill you.

I expect you will be dead, very soon.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#190 Jul 18, 2013
I should have said, a peaceful heart is the life of the man, and since you hate Jehovah God and his people so much, you will not survive the end of this world.
Proverbs 14:30
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#191 Jul 18, 2013
I should have said, a peaceful heart is the life of the man, and since you hate Jehovah God and his people so much, you will not survive the end of this world.
How can you hate something that does not exist?
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#192 Jul 18, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you hate something that does not exist?
You are mistaken, your words are your hate, if you don't believe in something you don't talk about it, and you don't debate with those who do.

Nottingham, UK

#193 Jul 18, 2013
Coming from the one who call gays queers...
(I assume that I speck for all of my side here) Yes we do hate people like you cos you hate a lot people.

Nottingham, UK

#194 Jul 18, 2013
Same as above.
Thinking

York, UK

#195 Jul 18, 2013
Remind me why religion is in decline again?
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#196 Jul 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions are dying because they do not teach the truth.

Jehovah's witnesses are growing in numbers every week, and yet we are only a few compared to the billions who will perish at Armageddon.
Jesus said, only a few will find the road to everlasting life.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#197 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
He also criticized the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Sounds like a sick and evil villan, this hero of yours?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#198 Jul 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them! Reason is on the ascendancy.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#199 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
So you cult leader told Jews to follow the barbaric laws of the OT, criticised them for not stoning their disobedient children to death, and told them to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Sounds more like a satanic cult than a religion if you ask me :)
Thinking

York, UK

#200 Jul 18, 2013
Why do billions have to perish at Armageddon?

If only you knew of a compassionate all powerful god that could change this.
<quoted text>
Religions are dying because they do not teach the truth.
Jehovah's witnesses are growing in numbers every week, and yet we are only a few compared to the billions who will perish at Armageddon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min Thinking 22,931
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 min Thinking 1,022
Our world came from nothing? 28 min Reverend Alan 717
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Bozo the Clown 228,597
Heaven 1 hr Carchar king 6
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Jaimie 154
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 4 hr Thinking 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE