Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6126 Mar 31, 2013
In this letter Adams declares point blank that, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Gentleman,
While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays I have received from Major-General Hull and Brigadier, General Walker your unanimous address from Lexington, animated with a martial spirit, and expressed with a military dignity becoming your character and the memorable plains on which it was adopted. in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the Nvorld; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry,• would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

An address from the officers commanding two thousand eight hundred men, consisting of such substantial citizens as are able and willing at their own expense completely to arm and clothe themselves in handsome uniforms, does honor to that division of the militia which has done so much honor to its country. Oaths in this country are as yet universally considered as sacred obligations. That which you have taken and so solemnly repeated on that venerable spot, is an ample pledge of your sincerity and devotion to your country and its government.
http://www.beliefnet.com/resourcelib/docs/115...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6127 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
In this letter Adams declares point blank that, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
Gentleman,
While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays I have received from Major-General Hull and Brigadier, General Walker your unanimous address from Lexington, animated with a martial spirit, and expressed with a military dignity becoming your character and the memorable plains on which it was adopted. in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the Nvorld; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry,• would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
An address from the officers commanding two thousand eight hundred men, consisting of such substantial citizens as are able and willing at their own expense completely to arm and clothe themselves in handsome uniforms, does honor to that division of the militia which has done so much honor to its country. Oaths in this country are as yet universally considered as sacred obligations. That which you have taken and so solemnly repeated on that venerable spot, is an ample pledge of your sincerity and devotion to your country and its government.
So what John Adams said your Constitution is a failure.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#6128 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gentleman,
The problem is that the modern Christian would utterly fail to fit Adams definition of moral or religious.

Yours is a religion founded in racism and hatred, hell bent of subjugating and harming those around you.

You need look no further than the fact that you've changed Jesus from a Middle Eastern man with dark brown skin and an afro into a Norse god whiter than snow with long flowing golden locks.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6129 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gentleman,
Theists type and awful lot, especially when they have no proof of god.

What do they talk about all day? It all seems like complete garbage. Are there any charities to help their mentally ill people reintegrate back in to normal society?

it may take some time after all those mental churches they polluted the cities with. But I suppose we can forgive the zombies in time.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#6130 Mar 31, 2013
I'm not trying to prove the existence of God or the existence of aliens. I've rejected the notion modern Christianity defends slavery; that's hogwash.

You may believe in whatever you please. If not morality, that's your lookout.

Happy Easter!

Location hidden

#6131 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I'm not trying to prove the existence of God or the existence of aliens. I've rejected the notion modern Christianity defends slavery; that's hogwash.
Happy Easter!
Judging from your avatar, you reject science entirely. I'm not sure what your purpose is on this forum?

DO you have any evidence for ANY of your two-bit horsesh*t opinions?

Location hidden

#6132 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Happy Easter!
Why do you wish atheists happy easter? Is your brain on its last legs or something?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6133 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Christians led the fight against slavery in North America as they did in Great Britain. Slavery isn't a Christian ideal; loving the stranger is a Christian ideal.
Slavery is still happening in Africa and other third world nations.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#6134 Mar 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Judging from your avatar, you reject science entirely. I'm not sure what your purpose is on this forum? DO you have any evidence for ANY of your two-bit horsesh*t opinions?
I love science, especially experimental tests and observations. We've visited and observed several planets, moons, comets and asteroids but haven't found a single instance of extraterrestrial life. But we have time to visit more, let's keep looking and not lose faith.

Belief in aliens is as faith based as belief in God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#6135 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You mean the guy who signed the Alien and Sedition Act?
Brian_G wrote:
We've demonstrated otherwise. Either the Bible has changed or it hasn't. As it happens all 'true believers' are still destined for eternal slavery after the apocalypse.
Brian_G wrote:
Happy Easter!
You don't believe in morality as you are a known liar for Jesus.

Valley Village, CA

#6136 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Happy Easter!
LOL! This is why you Christians make us laugh. You are so utterly dishonest to the bone you can't help it.

You weren't defending "modern" Christianity.

You were claiming that the Bible is a source for morality. We pointed out that the Bible is PRO-SLAVERY and therefore can not be considered a valid moral document by any stretch of the imagination.

You then claimed that the Bible was not pro-slavery because...

And this is the part that has us all laughing

...despite the passages which CLEARLY talk about God approving of taking slaves, beating slaves, selling daughters as slave, etc., you are claiming that you can INFER an opposition to it from your MODERN interpretation of one of the commandments.

F*$King laughable.

Face it, it's a document written by ignorance goat herders that you support ONLY because your mother told you to.

You've wasted your entire life based entirely on which vagina you had around your waist at one point.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6137 Mar 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I love science, especially experimental tests and observations. We've visited and observed several planets, moons, comets and asteroids but haven't found a single instance of extraterrestrial life. But we have time to visit more, let's keep looking and not lose faith.
Belief in aliens is as faith based as belief in God.

There is a place physically possible to look for life, it's called reality. Whether life is out there in it , is unknown. But
All testament of yours shows results everyone can physically see and interactively participate. It can be empirically and observationally categorized into the physical reality as as material world effort.

Now explain the search for god , is there a place physically possible to look? Will the results of this search be shown to everyone to see? Can we all participate interactively? But can
be empirically and observationally categorized into the physical reality as as material world effort?

You're a silly man with a silly assertion that we believe in aliens, and it's a faith. But the truth is we don't believe in aliens or have faith there is one. We are as humans explorers and hope to find things in out exploration. But there is no faith we will find them, only faith we will find out new things, that will help us answer questions. Some of which are the same questions you have.

The difference is you have faith that some of your questions have already been answered. We have no faith in these answers, and is why we search for the clues to answer them with the tangible and physical, and in our reality

Your faith is not sticking out into our reality, that's why we are still looking for the answers you think you've found.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#6138 Mar 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey, Curtis. So where did the aliens take you on your last trip? Proxima? Vega? Cygnus? Andromeda? Did you boldy go where no man has gone before?
Nope! I put this here because people need to raise there awareness and start asking themselves questions on how this would devistae religions and bioloiogical sciences and possibly physics when it comes to fastest speed. We will never get an official disclosure the way things are. The law system that govern morality must be first to be on the fix level before "I boldly go where no man has gone before" with E.T's that is not the same "species".

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#6139 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, gee what a surprise another godbot fruit loop and this believes in UFOs this should be fun.
There’s scientific data and credible witnesses in the link I provided willing to go before congress to present technical data while under under-oath to expose this cover-up ran by a shadow government.

Second, I find it very offensive and disrespectful you calling me a fruit loop. If you want to play the disrespectful offensive game then I'll love to prove who the fruit loop is truly. CHECK MATE!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#6140 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! I put this here because people need to raise there awareness and start asking themselves questions on how this would devistae religions and bioloiogical sciences and possibly physics when it comes to fastest speed. We will never get an official disclosure the way things are. The law system that govern morality must be first to be on the fix level before "I boldly go where no man has gone before" with E.T's that is not the same "species".
I know not of what you speak. Seriously. I'm not sure that's English.

Valley Village, CA

#6141 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Second, I find it very offensive and disrespectful you calling me a fruit loop.
Yes, it's disrespectful to fruit loops.

You don't reach to the level of respect we grant childrens' breakfast cereals.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#6142 Mar 31, 2013
BOOBS

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6143 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s scientific data and credible witnesses in the link I provided willing to go before congress to present technical data while under under-oath to expose this cover-up ran by a shadow government.
Second, I find it very offensive and disrespectful you calling me a fruit loop. If you want to play the disrespectful offensive game then I'll love to prove who the fruit loop is truly. CHECK MATE!
As I said you are a fruit loop.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6144 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, the fruit loop plays pigeon chess.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6145 Mar 31, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
BOOBS
The correct word for a religitard (in this instance), to be using, is the biblical word "paps". And according to the buybull Jesus had big ones.

Whom did you steal the "wise" title from? It clearly doesn't fit you, in fact it is very much like putting an Aeronautical Engineering degree in the hands of a pooh flinging ape.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 29 min lightbeamrider 2,605
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 47 min J RULES 23,239
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 233,053
God' existence 1 hr thetruth 81
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr thetruth 165
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 2 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Mikko 1,452
More from around the web