Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5761 Feb 12, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that I work and go to conferences. If you need a job just let me know.
I'm sorry that the workplace and the conference guests that come into contact with you have to handle a such a vile creationist monster with an obsession for child molesting.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5762 Feb 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue; Nuggin calls those above ground tests unethical, not me.
So, you now claim that it is _ethical_ to detonate nuclear weapons in the air, allowing the fallout to go where it pleases poisoning innocent people for miles around, killing random animals, causing numerous cancers.

Wow, your "ethics" leave a lot to be desired.

Let me guess, you are in favor of today's nuclear test done by N. Korea, the most "ethical" of states in your opinion apparently.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#5763 Feb 12, 2013
My sister's kid is 14 years old and 6ft.tall and built like a line backer.

There must be somthing to all this fallout.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5764 Feb 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What more can you say ignorant creationist. Run along now like you do every two months.
There goes another irony meter.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5765 Feb 12, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
So, you now claim that it is _ethical_ to detonate nuclear weapons in the air, allowing the fallout to go where it pleases poisoning innocent people for miles around, killing random animals, causing numerous cancers.
^^^Again, untrue, "it is _ethical_ to detonate nuclear weapons in the air" are Nuggin's words, not mine.

The Manhattan Project was a wartime project, not pure science.

.
Nuggin wrote:
Wow, your "ethics" leave a lot to be desired.
Ethics depends on situation; with an existential threat from Japan and Germany, the Manhattan Project was inevitable, just as use of a nuclear weapon first developed in war, would result in the use of that weapon to end the war.

.
Nuggin wrote:
Let me guess, you are in favor of today's nuclear test done by N. Korea, the most "ethical" of states in your opinion apparently.
^^^Another stupendously bad guess from Nuggin, there is a vast difference between America's use of nuclear weapons and North Korea's stated intent.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5766 Feb 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that the workplace and the conference guests that come into contact with you have to handle a such a vile creationist monster with an obsession for child molesting.
You mistake me with Bob. Lol! But I make quite a bit of money and I am good at what I do. To you, every theist is a monster and every theist are retarded. But to us, you're just a dumbarse!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5767 Feb 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ethics depends on situation; with an existential threat from Japan and Germany, the Manhattan Project was inevitable, just as use of a nuclear weapon first developed in war, would result in the use of that weapon to end the war.
So, let's be clear and get YOUR words, since pointing out what you are saying clearly isn't sinking in.

If a nation is at war, then research which would be unethical when not at war is rendered ethical by the threat opposed on them.

Is that what you mean? If so, say so in your own words.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5768 Feb 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
there is a vast difference between America's use of nuclear weapons and North Korea's stated intent.
Remind me which one was developing a nuclear weapon because of the threat of attack from another nuclear power?

Oh and which one used a nuclear weapon on a non-nuclear power... twice?

Then explain to me which one is more ethical and why. In YOUR own words.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5769 Feb 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes another irony meter.
Didn't anyone tell you that you can't get an accurate reading when it's lodged so firmly up your own ass?

You need to read the instructions dude.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5770 Feb 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You mistake me with Bob. Lol! But I make quite a bit of money and I am good at what I do. To you, every theist is a monster and every theist are retarded. But to us, you're just a dumbarse!
Nope, its just you who's the monster obsessed with child molestion - just you.

I know it must be a difficult sin for you to bear.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5771 Feb 13, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
So, let's be clear and get YOUR words, since pointing out what you are saying clearly isn't sinking in. If a nation is at war, then research which would be unethical when not at war is rendered ethical by the threat opposed on them.Is that what you mean? If so, say so in your own words.
Ethics depends on the situation; rape and conjugal love are similar acts in different situations. Actions can't be separated from consequences and conditions.

Nuggin has no moral compass, so he doesn't understand ethics.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5772 Feb 13, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
Remind me which one was developing a nuclear weapon because of the threat of attack from another nuclear power?
The US was faced with Germany's and Japan's WMD programs.

.
Nuggin wrote:
Oh and which one used a nuclear weapon on a non-nuclear power... twice?
By ending WWII, the US stopped genocide.

.
Nuggin wrote:
Then explain to me which one is more ethical and why. In YOUR own words.
North Korea is threatening its neighbors. If you think the North Korean government is similar to the US government, you haven't developed enough morality to tell the difference.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5773 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't anyone tell you that you can't get an accurate reading when it's lodged so firmly up your own ass?
You need to read the instructions dude.
Insults do not disguise your cowardice.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5774 Feb 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ethics depends on the situation; rape and conjugal love are similar acts in different situations. Actions can't be separated from consequences and conditions.
Nuggin has no moral compass, so he doesn't understand ethics.
Rape victims can beg for atheist help or die first before you'll pay the taxes to save her life.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5775 Feb 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The US was faced with Germany's and Japan's WMD programs.
.
<quoted text>By ending WWII, the US stopped genocide.
.
<quoted text>North Korea is threatening its neighbors. If you think the North Korean government is similar to the US government, you haven't developed enough morality to tell the difference.
The decision was based on the Bushido code. Because of the fierce resistance encountered in the island wars with the Japanese,
such as for Iwo Jima it was feared a invasion force would have to kill millions of people.

It was based on this idea of actually saving lives , that they decided to use the bombs. But the critique for this scenario has been that the same result could have been achieved by a navel blockade , and more time. But Japan had deployed 2 million people in it's army as plans for invasion loomed.

So there was also the possibility of a another long island war
with millions of more dead, along with the possibility of failure.
The bomb stopped the war, so it maybe true that it saved lives.


Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5776 Feb 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults do not disguise your cowardice.
This is coming from the sore little turd that tried to pipe up and got egg on his face via my last comment.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5777 Feb 13, 2013
Uhuh, I'm still reeling.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5778 Feb 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Uhuh, I'm still reeling.
Sorry to hear that. Not really.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5779 Feb 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, its just you who's the monster obsessed with child molestion - just you.

I know it must be a difficult sin for you to bear.
You don't believe in sins so that's null and void. Chester is a molester and you want the final solution for theists.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5780 Feb 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in sins so that's null and void. Chester is a molester and you want the final solution for theists.
Maybe life has been real sh*t to you, but please leave the children alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 227,778
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min Dak-Original 22,380
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 40 min KIND 345
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 6 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 10 hr P_Smith 1
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••