Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
5,581 - 5,600 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>A true free market may help. Let the providers cross state borders. Remove mandated coverages. Let the customers build their own policies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
just some thoughts.
Still just a bandaide. The problem are the medical facilities, you know, hospitals, doctors, and such. It's not a skin deep problem, it's a core problem.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Is is coming from a creationist who was ousted . I know you're still sore at being found out. maybe you can go back to the discovery institute where they will pray you better again?

I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and that you're a proven liar. But it's your problem and not the problem on atheists..
So why do you cry about it mamas boy?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know of anyone who would have a problem with tax payers' dollars being spent on an emergency procedure to save someone's life in a hospital.
I do. His name's Brian G. His position was don't take his tax money, don't ask for charity from Christians either. Go beg to the atheists instead. Or die in the hospital room. Whichever.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I oppose killing Jews, children and the unborn. The Dude's example of Nazi experimental tests prove he doesn't understand good science.
Again, you either misunderstand or ignore your own posting history. Is science "amoral" as you said or is it not?

For example: The Samurai developed a mannequin over the years made of bamboo and other plant materials which accurately represents the toughness of normal human limbs. You know how they figured it out? Trial and error, based on criminal human test subjects. Strictly scientifically speaking, that's good science involving successful series of experiments.

Ethically speaking however that's another matter entirely.

But as someone who has presumably travelled by plane at least once in his life you are ultimately on the receiving end of those fruits of labour which I mentioned back here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TNK...
Brian_G wrote:
There have been lander missions to the moon, Titan, Venus, Mercury some comets and asteroids and we've never found evidence of extraterrestrial life. Belief in alien life forms is based on faith, not scientific evidence.
I don't advocate stopping space exploration and I don't advocate stopping freedom of religion. There's as much evidence for God as there is for extraterrestrial life: none.
And yet still only ONE of those concepts is scientific. Care to take a guess which one it is?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I think the goal of science is to make life better; many radical secularists believe the goal of science is to destroy God. This is where we differ.
Atheism and theism are both irrelevant to science. You wanna cry about "science trying to destroy God" then I suggest you take up that conversation with Skippy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Cmoletely wrong an deliberate lie. God doesn't even figure in e equation, because no serious scientists sets up experiments to determine god
You did. Apparently.

I've been trying to get you to explain the details of that experiments for months, remember?
-Skeptic- wrote:
something already proven to be impossible by its own definition.
I thought the definition was merely inadequate? If it isn't then it is testable. Then we can determine the likelihood of possibility, yes?

As from here it looks like you're trying to shut down all possibility before likelihood can even be addressed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Is is coming from a creationist who was ousted . I know you're still sore at being found out. maybe you can go back to the discovery institute where they will pray you better again?
I'm sorry that you have no proof of god and that you're a proven liar. But it's your problem and not the problem on atheists..
Skip, why are you, a known liar accusing other people of lying?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, can you explain the goal of creating life from inert matter or the faith in the existence of extraterrestrial life? Don't you want to use science to subvert belief in God by trying to prove life on Earth isn't unique and the creation of life is a lab procedure?
Neither of these would falsify the existence of a God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Something out of nothing is too strange to deal with.
Not for quantum physics.

But thanks for admitting your argument is zip but little green men of the gaps.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationism is a neocon political cult, so it makes sense that politics would be brought up here...
Gee you're quick on the ball, Skip! Welcome to the 19th century.
nuganddudearebut tbuddies

Northampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

My cult and I believe my toaster is a god. Therefore, my toaster is a god.

Nuggit theory.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The Dude wrote:
Again, you either misunderstand or ignore your own posting history. Is science "amoral" as you said or is it not?
For example: The Samurai developed a mannequin over the years made of bamboo and other plant materials which accurately represents the toughness of normal human limbs. You know how they figured it out? Trial and error, based on criminal human test subjects. Strictly scientifically speaking, that's good science involving successful series of experiments.
Ethically speaking however that's another matter entirely.
But as someone who has presumably travelled by plane at least once in his life you are ultimately on the receiving end of those fruits of labour which I mentioned back here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TNK...

And yet still only ONE of those concepts is scientific. Care to take a guess which one it is?
Neither, Nazi human experimentation isn't science and neither is faith. At least, religious believes know they aren't basing their decisions on science.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>To ignore politics is to be ruled by politicians
to bring up politics is to be rule by politicians. your point creationist?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. Apparently.
I've been trying to get you to explain the details of that experiments for months, remember?
<quoted text>
I thought the definition was merely inadequate? If it isn't then it is testable. Then we can determine the likelihood of possibility, yes?
As from here it looks like you're trying to shut down all possibility before likelihood can even be addressed.
shut the f*ck up you stupid piece of sh*t.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Nazi human experimentation isn't science
Of course it is. It's unethical science, but it's still science.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

A sort of science we may never study if we are to be a race worthy of advancement by other life forms in this universe we share.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
A sort of science we may never study if we are to be a race worthy of advancement by other life forms in this universe we share.

Hitlers children didn't share his dream of Aryan supremacy.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitlers children didn't share his dream of Aryan supremacy.
Did he have kids? I heard he had only one ball.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
I guess we'll find out one morning when we wake up and see them on the news asking for our women.
"our women"?
I doubt that there is a woman willing to be labeled as co-owned by you. Whether you can understand this or not, is debatable, but property does not include women. Even the slaver doesn't "own"' he may have enslaved humans, but he does not own them.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>"our women"?
I doubt that there is a woman willing to be labeled as co-owned by you. Whether you can understand this or not, is debatable, but property does not include women. Even the slaver doesn't "own"' he may have enslaved humans, but he does not own them.
Compleatly different subject.Are you off your meds? Read the comment before you make such foolish statements.

Geez!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 357
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr CunningLinguist 224,019
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 5 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 5 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Patrick 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••