Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 274)

Showing posts 5,461 - 5,480 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
I don't agree; religions teach followers how to be better people and are proud of their good works. Most mainstream religions understand people of other religions have other theology. There is a benefit from religion; instruction in morality and self control. Atheists don't teach the same values.
Yet I provided links demonstrating otherwise.

Heck, you yourself have already invoked Godwin's, just as I predicted.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why I support my neighbor's right to practice their religions without government interference.
There's a difference between teaching someone how to be a better person and teaching someone how to be a better cook.
And there is a difference between theology and the simple view that an abstract theological construct is not scientific.
Brian_G wrote:
Just note the difference between the two.
I did. You can't. Hence you are required to construct the very same caricature of non-believers that all fundies do. You're as bad as Skippy.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Judge actions, not theology.
Can judge both.
Brian_G wrote:
An act of charity is better than the murder of innocents in the name of religion. The results can be objectively measured and intent is immaterial.
Agreed. However your modus operandi is to ignore the murder of innocents in the name of religion and point to all the nice things instead.
Brian_G wrote:
The unborn baby ALWAYS dies where there is an abortion. Forcing taxpayers to pay for your abortion is an act of evil, not an act of good.
Forcing a woman to die with a fetus that cannot survive anyway because you're unwilling to pay certain taxes is an act of evil, not an act of good.
Brian_G wrote:
What did Mother Teresa do that outweighs all the good? Her work saved thousands of lives and provided a better life and inspiration for millions of people. Tell us; what do you have against Mother Teresa?
And what about all the high altitude testing done on Jews during the holocaust?

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...

The results of which is now used on our airplanes, their work has saved thousands of lives and provided better lives for millions of people.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> To make myself perfectly clear, I quoted the author and in fact did read the articles in question. I also understood exactly what they said .
... and then deliberately misquoted them to imply you had evidence which they themselves did not actually have.

See. That's what I'm talking about.

Your intellectual dishonest in this is the same as it has been through out our debate.

You can't be trusted because you would rather lie than be right

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
It's moral to stone the rapist to death. I don't promote Mosaic law, I promote capital punishment for aggravated rape.
Your claim was that religion is the source of morality. By Mosaic law (RELIGION) it's proper to stone the VICTIM to death.

That's the morality of religion. She was raped and because no one came to her aid, she must not have screamed loud enough therefore she deserves to die.
Please cite any "charitable church" that doesn't teach the value of good works.
Please cite one that does. And explain what the specific "value" is.

Saying that something is "valuable" is meaningless. Valuable to who in what regard?

Is it valuable to the faithful because it gets them into heaven? Then their reward is greater than their sacrifice and it's no longer charity.
I guess this is your way of conceding, actions are important and intent is immaterial.
The Nazis rounded up millions of Jews. Some of those Jews were criminals. Those criminals were put to death.

Therefore the Nazis were acting morally, by your standard.

Their intent in putting those specific Jews to death had NOTHING to do with their criminal record. They were being killed because of their religion. However, since the end result was their death, the Nazis are the good guys in that story.

Brilliant morality.
If someone does a good deed for reward that's better than any bad deed, no matter the intention. Liberals care about how policy makes them feel; conservatives ask, "Will it do more good than harm?" The minute you stop thinking about how it feels and think about consequences, you stop being a liberal and become conservative.
The consequences of global warming? Of arming school janitors? Of denying black people the ability to vote? Or taking food from children because you don't like their parents? Of denying homosexuals the right to exist? Or to spend their lives with whomever they want? Or denying women health care because a small number of women seek to not bring unwanted children into the world? Or granting the President's Family the right to make medical decisions for a citizen if you don't like what that citizen's spouse has decided?

Really? You want to play the "consequences" game?

Please.

The Conservatives have been on the wrong side of every issue for their entire existence. They always will be.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
... and then deliberately misquoted them to imply you had evidence which they themselves did not actually have.
See. That's what I'm talking about.
Your intellectual dishonest in this is the same as it has been through out our debate.
You can't be trusted because you would rather lie than be right
What ever Nuttin the stealth theist.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree; religions teach followers how to be better people
For example: fly an airplane into an office building and you will be a better person.

Wow, good thing we have religion. Otherwise, we wouldn't have all these good terrorists running around

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What ever Nuttin the stealth theist.
Skippy, it's becoming more and more obvious that you are just switching back and forth between these two accounts.

Having one log in that's incapable of putting up an argument is sufficient. Pretending to have multiple people all just as stupid as you is harmful to the society as a whole.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The unborn baby ALWAYS dies where there is an abortion. Forcing taxpayers to pay for your abortion is an act of evil, not an act of good.
LOL. You are a child.

"Evil". Please.

Like _every_ other conservative out there, you claim abortion is "evil" until the woman you are screwing on the side gets knocked up and threatens to tell your wife.

Or until your darling 15 yr old daughter comes up knocked up by her black boyfriend.

Then, "it's complicated" not "evil".

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
That's why I support my neighbor's right to practice their religions without government interference.
Then you are acting immorally according to your religion.

It is your duty, as a Chrisitian, to murder your neighbor AND everyone else in your town. Then kill all the animals, burn the buildings down and salt the earth so that nothing grows again.

THAT is religious morality.

It's the atheists who say, "Let the Hindu be Hindu. Just don't try and make me Hindu".

THAT is atheistic morality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy, it's becoming more and more obvious that you are just switching back and forth between these two accounts.
Having one log in that's incapable of putting up an argument is sufficient. Pretending to have multiple people all just as stupid as you is harmful to the society as a whole.

Oh so now it's a conspiracy theory.
While we are are it , Skippy is you Dude ,Dude is you and you are all my socks. I can't imagine how my sock personality took on it's own persona. Maybe the Pharaoh fairy did it? lol

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Dude wrote:
...Heck, you yourself have already invoked Godwin's, just as I predicted.
I've never called my opponents Nazis; the Dude's claim above is untrue.

The Dude wrote:
And there is a difference between theology and the simple view that an abstract theological construct is not scientific.
Science is amoral but religion isn't.

The Dude wrote:
I did. You can't. Hence you are required to construct the very same caricature of non-believers that all fundies do. You're as bad as Skippy.(shrug)
Radical secularists are as harmful as radical fundamentalists. I've offered examples of my generalizations, The Dude's own faith in extraterrestrial life is based on faith but he's unable to understand a single case of life in the universe isn't a significant probability sample.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Dude wrote:
...Forcing a woman to die with a fetus that cannot survive anyway because you're unwilling to pay certain taxes is an act of evil, not an act of good.
No conservative advocates forcing women to die; they just don't want to force taxpayers to provide your abortions. Ask for charity from the atheists if you can't afford your abortion, or get a job. Almost all conservatives offer exceptions where the life of the mother is at risk; none of the liberals offer any exceptions in their support of murdering the unborn.

The Dude wrote:
And what about all the high altitude testing done on Jews during the holocaust?
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php...
The results of which is now used on our airplanes, their work has saved thousands of lives and provided better lives for millions of people.
Those were acts of evil, unethical science and an ignorant justification for genocide. If you think that's an example of good, then you don't understand science or the difference between right and wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What ever Nuttin the stealth theist.
Are you learning from the book of Skippy?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never called my opponents Nazis; the Dude's claim above is untrue.
Nah, you just lumped all atheists together with the Cold War Commies. No different from invoking Godwin's. And further more, I predicted it.
Brian_G wrote:
No, religion relies on subjective morals.
Brian_G wrote:
Radical secularists are as harmful as radical fundamentalists.
Radical anythings can be harmful. Not a point in dispute.
Brian_G wrote:
I've offered examples of my generalizations
So have I, except the difference being I was the one out of us two who pointed out they were generalisations. You are using your generalisations as the entire basis of your argument. Stalin was mean therefore all atheists are mean. I point out you are incorrect and you should be locking away anyone with a moustache.
Brian_G wrote:
The Dude's own faith in extraterrestrial life is based on faith but he's unable to understand a single case of life in the universe isn't a significant probability sample.
You are unable to understand that alien life is a scientific concept and Goddidit with magic isn't. When you are on the run you tend to refer to others in the third person, notice that?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No conservative advocates forcing women to die; they just don't want to force taxpayers to provide your abortions.
If they do not receive the benefits of those taxes then they may die.
Brian_G wrote:
Ask for charity from the atheists if you can't afford your abortion, or get a job.
Oh, if you're not employed you can just F-off and die? So much for charity. And if atheists must pay those taxes then shouldn't everybody? Or just atheists?
Brian_G wrote:
Almost all conservatives offer exceptions where the life of the mother is at risk; none of the liberals offer any exceptions in their support of murdering the unborn.
Do they? Yes, your alternative was to tell the destitute to get a job and go begging to atheists.
Brian_G wrote:
Those were acts of evil, unethical science and an ignorant justification for genocide. If you think that's an example of good, then you don't understand science or the difference between right and wrong.
Then neither do you, due to your support of Mother Teresa. In my example it was Jews. In your example it was kids. Why is it evil to Jews and not kids? Do you hate children? All of a sudden your abortion stance looks rather strange. And science has nothing to do with it. It is "amoral", remember? Or is it only when you find it convenient?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so now it's a conspiracy theory.
While we are are it , Skippy is you Dude ,Dude is you and you are all my socks. I can't imagine how my sock personality took on it's own persona. Maybe the Pharaoh fairy did it? lol
Hey wait bub, was it you who was accusing me of being one of Nuggin's socks a little while back?

(and I noted at the time that Skippy, who knows otherwise, decided not to interject and inform anyone to the contrary).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey wait bub, was it you who was accusing me of being one of Nuggin's socks a little while back?
(and I noted at the time that Skippy, who knows otherwise, decided not to interject and inform anyone to the contrary).

I never accused you of anything, I accused me remember?
Maybe you can't remember who you are.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Religion is anti-moral. It teaches that things which it prohibits you to do to its own members are perfectly fine if you do them to members of other religions.

"Murder is wrong.... unless they believe a slightly different thing than we do. Then murder is required."

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No conservative advocates forcing women to die; they just don't want to force taxpayers to provide your abortions.
Conservatives oppose allowing abortions to be illegal (and not paid for by taxes)_even_ in the case where the mother's life is at risk.

This has nothing to do with money and EVERYTHING to do with control of women's sexuality.

Further, I am morally opposed to people getting organ transplants. Should tax payers be force to pay for that?

I'm morally opposed to people who are given any medication after the age of 50. Tax payers on the hook for that?

I'm morally opposed to people being allowed to have more than 2 children. Tax payers covering that?

Guess what? Your opposition to something does not render it unworthy of public funding.
Almost all conservatives offer exceptions where the life of the mother is at risk; none of the liberals offer any exceptions in their support of murdering the unborn.
First of all, "almost all" is not all.

Second, you can not murder the unborn. It is not a person, it can not be "murdered".
You made the argument that the END result is all that matters. That ethics and objective are irrelevant.

The ends result of genocide is that the people not killed have much better lives, more access to resources, etc.

Your argument. Your morality.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is anti-moral. It teaches that things which it prohibits you to do to its own members are perfectly fine if you do them to members of other religions.
"Murder is wrong.... unless they believe a slightly different thing than we do. Then murder is required."
Welcome back to earth!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,461 - 5,480 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••