Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5354 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you're a nut! No nugget nobody is going to recognize pharaoh as a god unless they are in his cult. They might say oh the Egyptians think Phatfart is a god, but they don't believe in him.
They said Phatfart is a king with a control complex. Scientists say Phatfart was a god in his cult or merry Phatfart worshipers.
:)
You said that you recognized that Thor was a god. You didn't say "Only the Viking thought Thor was a god".

You said that you recognized that Zeus was a god. You didn't say "Only the Greeks thought Zeus was a god".

If you want to retroactively change your position _AGAIN_, then explain to me why you don't use the "only they thought this" in EVERY instance?

Was Julius Caesar the leader of Rome? Or was it that "Only the Romans thought Julius was the leader of Rome."

Was George Washington President? Or was it that "Only the American alive during that time thought he was president"

Was Patton a General? Or was it that "Only the American soldiers in WWII thought that Patton was a General."

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5355 Jan 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
science is everyone's not the preserve of scientists. at the end of the day you're a liar with no proof of god.
I've never tried to prove the existence of God on any forum.-Skeptic- is posting false information but probably doesn't know any better; he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the argument.

I have attempted to prove there is no evidence for extraterrestrial life; that probably confused him. I won't call him a liar, even though I've pointed his error out on a previous post; because I don't use ad hominem arguments.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5356 Jan 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never tried to prove the existence of God on any forum.-Skeptic- is posting false information but probably doesn't know any better; he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the argument.
I have attempted to prove there is no evidence for extraterrestrial life; that probably confused him. I won't call him a liar, even though I've pointed his error out on a previous post; because I don't use ad hominem arguments.
At least you admit that you only attempted and did not succeed, that's a start.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5357 Jan 8, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you recognized that Thor was a god. You didn't say "Only the Viking thought Thor was a god".
You said that you recognized that Zeus was a god. You didn't say "Only the Greeks thought Zeus was a god".
If you want to retroactively change your position _AGAIN_, then explain to me why you don't use the "only they thought this" in EVERY instance?
Was Julius Caesar the leader of Rome? Or was it that "Only the Romans thought Julius was the leader of Rome."
Was George Washington President? Or was it that "Only the American alive during that time thought he was president"
Was Patton a General? Or was it that "Only the American soldiers in WWII thought that Patton was a General."
No I want you to use half the Vaseline to grease yourself up and assume the position and be ready for when I get a round tuit. Can't say when that will be but if you grab your ankles, you will be the first to know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5358 Jan 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never tried to prove the existence of God on any forum.-Skeptic- is posting false information but probably doesn't know any better; he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the argument.
Don't worry, I already demonstrated him to be a liar. Oh, and you too, since you uh, DO actually use ad hominem arguments.

Location hidden

#5359 Jan 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, I already demonstrated him to be a liar. Oh, and you too, since you uh, DO actually use ad hominem arguments.
You demon state you are in fact in a denial system again...again and surprisingly ....yeti.. again.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5360 Jan 8, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what happens when you enter into a debate halfway through without understanding the positions or arguments.
Dude is pointing out the error in Skippy's logic, in that Skippy has declared that if there isn't any scientific evidence for something then it doesn't exist.
In 1000AD, there was no "scientific evidence" for bacteria, therefore _by Skippy's argument_ bacteria didn't exist in 1000AD.
Dude is lampooning Skippy.
You would know that if you had read ANY of the last 250 pages.
Dude chose to post this, as it is. He gave no credit for it, to anyone else.

"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is no-one could prove bacteria in 1000 AD because bacteria aren't real. "

Valley Village, CA

#5361 Jan 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Dude chose to post this, as it is. He gave no credit for it, to anyone else.
"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is no-one could prove bacteria in 1000 AD because bacteria aren't real. "
And in the quote above, you just wrote it. I can say that if I take everything else you are saying completely out of context.

So, why do you believe bacteria weren't real in 1000ad?

Valley Village, CA

#5362 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You demon state you are in fact in a denial system again...again and surprisingly ....yeti.. again.
You need to change your dragon settings, it's totally f'd

Location hidden

#5363 Jan 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I win! I win!
Twin peaks.

Earth,TX

#5364 Jan 8, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what happens when you enter into a debate halfway through without understanding the positions or arguments.
Dude is pointing out the error in Skippy's logic, in that Skippy has declared that if there isn't any scientific evidence for something then it doesn't exist.
In 1000AD, there was no "scientific evidence" for bacteria, therefore _by Skippy's argument_ bacteria didn't exist in 1000AD.
Dude is lampooning Skippy.
You would know that if you had read ANY of the last 250 pages.
A lampoon? So, tell me which of his, or for that matter, your postings aren't lampooning? How about some small bit of designation for those post which are meant to be lampooning? Like maybe you and he, could start all of them with some flippant bit of obnoxious assholery. You know the type of idiocy that would leave no doubt, or would that defeat your goals of waffling on over to which ever side you weren't on a second or two ago?

Earth,TX

#5365 Jan 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I thought your name was Reason Personified. Apparently you were mistaken.
How can I be mistaken? The thought is yours, not mine.

Earth,TX

#5366 Jan 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done. You fell for a Skippy parody. Of course you would know this if you had taken part in this thread over the past few weeks.'Look before you leap' would be good advice here.
Parody, lampoon? It looked just like all of the rest of your posts. Finanagled into whatever it wasn't when it began.

Earth,TX

#5367 Jan 8, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the quote above, you just wrote it. I can say that if I take everything else you are saying completely out of context.
So, why do you believe bacteria weren't real in 1000ad?
Actually, I didn't write it. Did you not see the words"quoted text"?

"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

Valley Village, CA

#5368 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>A lampoon? So, tell me which of his, or for that matter, your postings aren't lampooning? How about some small bit of designation for those post which are meant to be lampooning? Like maybe you and he, could start all of them with some flippant bit of obnoxious assholery. You know the type of idiocy that would leave no doubt, or would that defeat your goals of waffling on over to which ever side you weren't on a second or two ago?
Right now, you sound like a guy who has walked in during the middle of a movie and is complaining that he doesn't know what's going on.

You are the _only_ person on the thread who misunderstood what Dude was saying and why.

Why should ALL the rest of us change how we are doing things simply because you couldn't be bothered to read the thread in which you are trying to participate?

Valley Village, CA

#5369 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>Actually, I didn't write it. Did you not see the words"quoted text"?
"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I'm taking your comments out of context. Much the way you are taking Dude's comments out of context.

In this case, I'm removing the "quoted text" context and assigning you the blame for writing it.

You removed Dude's comment from EVERYTHING that he has said and EVERYTHING that Skippy has said over the course of 300 PAGES of posts on this thread and COUNTLESS numbers of posts on several different threads.

Basically, you f'd up. Just apologize and get over it.

Earth,TX

#5370 Jan 9, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, you sound like a guy who has walked in during the middle of a movie and is complaining that he doesn't know what's going on.
You are the _only_ person on the thread who misunderstood what Dude was saying and why.
Why should ALL the rest of us change how we are doing things simply because you couldn't be bothered to read the thread in which you are trying to participate?
I read it exactly as it was written, seems like you two do quite a bit of this waffling.

Earth,TX

#5371 Jan 9, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I'm taking your comments out of context. Much the way you are taking Dude's comments out of context.
In this case, I'm removing the "quoted text" context and assigning you the blame for writing it.
You removed Dude's comment from EVERYTHING that he has said and EVERYTHING that Skippy has said over the course of 300 PAGES of posts on this thread and COUNTLESS numbers of posts on several different threads.
Basically, you f'd up. Just apologize and get over it.
Oh why bother with all that? Just say you did, and then it will be easier to backtrack later and claim you didn't.
Besides it is impossible for you to really change what I actually wrote, but you just go ahead on with that prevarication that you've got planned.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5372 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You demon state you are in fact in a denial system again...again and surprisingly ....yeti.. again.
How so? Do you object to the proposition that Brian G is a Conservative political apologist? Do you object to the position that Skippy is a liar? Do you think either of these bozos are capable of making a coherent argument? Srsly?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5373 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>Dude chose to post this, as it is. He gave no credit for it, to anyone else.
"The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I accept that bacteria are real. Skippy's position is that if there is no evidence for something then it does not exist, period. Pre-microscope there was no evidence of bacteria. Ergo under the Skippy scientific method they did not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 230,938
Evidence for God! 2 hr Uncle Sam 43
Heaven 2 hr susanblange 42
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 11 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,391
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... 13 hr tha Professor 76
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 hr Chiclets 23,039
Our world came from nothing? 15 hr _Bad Company 1,103

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE