Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5213 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty, you can't just proclaim everyone a liar when they get the better of you.
It loses all meaning after the 500th time you do it.
Figure out a new tactic.
He's been posting that "Proven liar" reply at me all day. It must be all that estrogen he's taking to help him grow a pair. xD

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5214 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He's been posting that "Proven liar" reply at me all day. It must be all that estrogen he's taking to help him grow a pair. xD
What would a thing like you know about estrogen? Things like you don't even know what it means to think.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5215 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And again.
No examples. No references.
Just you saying "Boys are big mean liars and it's not fair!"
It's weak. It perpetuates a stereotype that you are already complaining that we observe.
IF you think someone has lied, then demonstrate that by pointing out the specific lie and offering evidence that proves your assertion.
Just blanketing every post with the response: "Liar! Liar! Liar!" tells people not to take you seriously.
You cannot prove a negative. It's a lie until they provide evidence of their assertion, either a lie or their delusion.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5216 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cept nugatory , you forgot to throw your own monkey wrench in.
What if?
What if what?

Are you still harping on me giving you a scenario about future data which included data we might obtain in the future as opposed to data which absolutely will obtain.

How would I know which data we would ABSOLUTELY obtain over potential obtain?

You believe I am a god, don't you?

Valley Village, CA

#5217 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot prove a negative. It's a lie until they provide evidence of their assertion, either a lie or their delusion.
Then you are lying and we can ignore what you say until you prove otherwise.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5218 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are lying and we can ignore what you say until you prove otherwise.
What are you accusing me of lying about?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5219 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
What if what?
Are you still harping on me giving you a scenario about future data which included data we might obtain in the future as opposed to data which absolutely will obtain.
How would I know which data we would ABSOLUTELY obtain over potential obtain?
You believe I am a god, don't you?
No ...
I think you're a twinkie that wants to be a cake.
Fruit cake I believe.

Valley Village, CA

#5220 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you accusing me of lying about?
As you just said, it's your duty to prove you aren't lying, not my duty to prove you are.

The statement that you are lying stands until you can provide evidence otherwise.

Just playing by your rules.

Valley Village, CA

#5221 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No ...
I think you're a twinkie that wants to be a cake.
Fruit cake I believe.
I'm not sure if that's a Christmas joke, a gay joke or some sort of weird "We miss hostess" joke.

I know you aren't interested in thinking through your positions or your arguments, but can you at least take the time to think through your insults.

Location hidden

#5222 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if that's a Christmas joke, a gay joke or some sort of weird "We miss hostess" joke.
I know you aren't interested in thinking through your positions or your arguments, but can you at least take the time to think through your insults.
We will find out in the future data which includes data we might not obtain in the future as opposed to data which we absolutely will not obtain.
That's how we know which data we would ABSOLUTELY never obtain over potentially unobtainable data.

Valley Village, CA

#5223 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We will find out in the future data which includes data we might not obtain in the future as opposed to data which we absolutely will not obtain.
That's how we know which data we would ABSOLUTELY never obtain over potentially unobtainable data.
Aura, I can't tell if you are mad that I beat you in that argument or just confused about how science works.

I'm going to assume you just don't get it, so I'll repeat myself.

What we know today is based on information we have today.
Future information may change what we know and show us that things we felt were settled are in fact not settled at all.

This has happened NUMEROUS times in the past. It's happening in the present with Dark Matter and Dark Energy. It will happen in the future.

When you ask for an example of future data which may change our understanding of evolution, I'm forced to speculate about that future data. Why? Because if I had it it would be present data not future data.

So, I answered your question with on such scenario.

You couldn't manage a rational response, so you complained that I did what you asked and gave you potential future data.

It's childish that you are still upset about it a full week later.

Just accept that you've lost again and stop trying to beat me in these discussions. It hasn't worked out for you even one time in six months.

Location hidden

#5224 Jan 6, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura, I can't tell if you are mad that I beat you in that argument or just confused about how science works.
I'm going to assume you just don't get it, so I'll repeat myself.
What we know today is based on information we have today.
Future information may change what we know and show us that things we felt were settled are in fact not settled at all.
This has happened NUMEROUS times in the past. It's happening in the present with Dark Matter and Dark Energy. It will happen in the future.
When you ask for an example of future data which may change our understanding of evolution, I'm forced to speculate about that future data. Why? Because if I had it it would be present data not future data.
So, I answered your question with on such scenario.
You couldn't manage a rational response, so you complained that I did what you asked and gave you potential future data.
It's childish that you are still upset about it a full week later.
Just accept that you've lost again and stop trying to beat me in these discussions. It hasn't worked out for you even one time in six months.
I do understand that you're a lunatic that thinks like a pigeon in a chess game. Mad why on Earth would I be mad at you?
I don't get upset over your clownish and comical rambling.
We all know how you like to speculate about futures and future speculation all pigeons do that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5225 Jan 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
People are mistaken that there ever was any god yes.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>God or god , only stupidity allows one.
Ah, so you are now saying you've falsified a non-falsifiable concept? Be aware you could be entering the land of Skippydom.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5226 Jan 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me spell it out for you young troll.
When I call you a douche, it does not make you a douche.
What makes you a douche is your proven douche behaviour.
And your behaviour has involved little more than judging people's posts, not rectifying your numerous mistakes, throwing out ad-homs, and avoiding debating a single point.

So what does that make you, Skip?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5227 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
People believe in God because of faith, not logic. Atheists have irrational beliefs too; that's human nature.
Well, sure. But what's secularism, atheism or theism got to do with this?

Zip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5228 Jan 7, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
People believe in god because they are uneducated, stubborn idiots. Fact.
There's no proof of god. Yet you come in this forum selling your unproven god as though it's absolute fact.
You have sense of responsibility - if you truly believe you have the answer to the universe, then you need to man the f*ck up and prove it to us like a true believer.
That fact is that nobody can prove god, because god isn't real.
The fact is no-one could prove bacteria in 1000 AD because bacteria aren't real.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Therefore you are a liar, lying about god and continuing to lie about god even after you recognise this fact.
You liars make me sick.
Since you're a known dishonest liar and hypocrite then obviously it's not their lies that make you sick. The only other thing it could be is simply having a difference of opinion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5229 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This statement seems to affirm belief in the supernatural.
That's because you're on a science forum. You don't understand science therefore anything that goes over your head must be magic.

Location hidden

#5230 Jan 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ah, so you are now saying you've falsified a non-falsifiable concept? Be aware you could be entering the land of Skippydom.
I'll be willing for you to present the evidence there was one, as long as it isn't the ridiculous rant that pharaoh was.
Like I said if it isn't falsifiable , it doesn't exist in the physical reality. If it isn't in the physical reality it must be your imagination. Let's hear your case that some god is real , bear in mind I know we can't be 100% positive but if you have nothing it must be nothing.
ldyluck420

Florence, MA

#5231 Jan 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh joy, another one 12 months late to the party. "Demonstrate" is NOT the same as "prove". Science REQUIRES the potential for falsification, therefore NOTHING in science can be "proven" 100%. We can DEMONSTRATE evolution. But we cannot PROVE it 100%. The reason being there is ALWAYS a margin for error.
Same thing with gravity. That's why Newton's so-called "law" was replaced by Einstein's relativity. Which in turn is being replaced by quantum physics. Scientists hope to one day come up with a complete working theory of quantum gravity (which would also still remain falsifiable). But notice that in each case they concepts that went before were refined, because they were NOT completely correct.
So sorry dude that I am late. You remember how Nuggit loves to use definitions- the burden of proof, etc etc against skippidydodah. I am simply using the dictionary definition of proof against him. He says science only disproves things. You agree. I disagree. And am using his favorite thing, a definition, just like he loves to do! Nothing can be proven 100%? I belive it was proven 100% that the world is round, and there are other planets besides Earth, etc etc. Do you dispute those PROVEN facts? Think simpler than quantum physics! There is no potential for falsification for those simple facts that science has proven... we know because it has been proven that the world is round and that there are other planets... so how can you claim that science only disproves things?

Location hidden

#5232 Jan 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is no-one could prove bacteria in 1000 AD because bacteria aren't real.
<quoted text>
Since you're a known dishonest liar and hypocrite then obviously it's not their lies that make you sick. The only other thing it could be is simply having a difference of opinion.
Nice creationist approach , Since we couldn't see the microscopic 1000 years ago. God must be real , why because I still cant produce evidence there is one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Morse 231,853
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Even Steven 903
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 11 hr thetruth 14,438
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 11 hr thetruth 17
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 12 hr tha Professor 1
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 12 hr tha Professor 2
Siro is writing a new book 23 hr thetruth 5

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE