Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
4,941 - 4,960 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5010 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's certainly true. The closest we had was Ron Paul, look what happened to him.
I was hoping that Gary Johnson would have gotten 5% of the vote so we could at least move away from a two party system.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5011 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I was hoping that Gary Johnson would have gotten 5% of the vote so we could at least move away from a two party system.
Right now, anything different would be a nice change.
naturaltruths

Fontana, CA

#5012 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Come on Stephmar, give us some respect, we're not young impressionable sunday school kids ripe for brainwashing at your cult's church.
We're intelligent people, so try and tell us a believable tale without patronising us with made up biblical fairytales and childish, outdated magical stories.
Yet you believe the tales and stories told to you called "History" ....Im curious which fantasy story or narrative your intelligent self believes to explain how humans have come to this point....

let me guess.. is it the fantasy tale about exploding nothingness that randomly brings forth complex life forms and ecosystems that function in harmony perfectly.... I LOVE that fairytale...only believable by those without full use of their brains..

I bet you also enjoy the fairytale about changing monkeys who bring forth mankind...then all of a sudden just stop evolving as do the humans....man you are BRILLIANT!!...

you definitely skipped sunday school....

See the problem is that you are in fact NOT INTELLIGENT in the slightest....the "MOST INTELLIGENT" men that you pray to and receive knowledge from (scientists, etc) admit that their has to be some force that drove creation...it is simply too complex and perfect to be a product of chance....

but only small minds who have no clue just how complex and perfect this world and its inhabitants are, would reach for some story of exploding nothingness or changing monkeys to satisfy their need to not be subject to an almighty God...fact is you still are subject to God whether you are delusional or not...and you will be reminded of that when you meet life's consolidator DEATH.

(im off to my sunday school class)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5013 Jan 3, 2013
naturaltruths wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe the tales and stories told to you called "History" ....Im curious which fantasy story or narrative your intelligent self believes to explain how humans have come to this point....
let me guess.. is it the fantasy tale about exploding nothingness that randomly brings forth complex life forms and ecosystems that function in harmony perfectly.... I LOVE that fairytale...only believable by those without full use of their brains..
I bet you also enjoy the fairytale about changing monkeys who bring forth mankind...then all of a sudden just stop evolving as do the humans....man you are BRILLIANT!!...
See the problem is that you are in fact NOT INTELLIGENT in the slightest....the "MOST INTELLIGENT" men that you pray to and receive knowledge from (scientists, etc) admit that their has to be some force that drove creation...it is simply too complex and perfect to be a product of chance....
but only small minds who have no clue just how complex and perfect this world and its inhabitants are, would reach for some story of exploding nothingness or changing monkeys to satisfy their need to not be subject to an almighty God...fact is you still are subject to God whether you are delusional or not...and you will be reminded of that when you meet life's consolidator DEATH.
So instead of putting in the effort to actually learn, study, and become intelligent you just want to pretend you know more than everyone else.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5014 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that your list of "things that can't be argued against that I will accuse people when my main illogical arguments fail"?
Good, keep making that list longer, it only makes you look more and more ridiculous here.
When you've figured out what the burden of proof is and know what the definition of the word god actually is, I'm all ears.
Actually, I'm not, I don't give a f*ck what you have to say at all, because you're a proven lying troll piece of sh*t..
Skip, why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess, I don't read your posts anymore, I simply mark them as the spam that they are and move on.
Nice dodge. And that's why you're a liar. You keep claiming to have debunked me but now you've admitted you don't even read them. Hence you lie when claiming to have "smacked me down" as my arguments have not been addressed yet.

For over a year.

So really, Skip. What is your purpose here other than to regurgitate insults at people who you disagree with because you're uneducated?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5015 Jan 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your reply belies your claim.
Stupid.
That's Skippy for ya. Great thing about fundies is they even debunk themselves.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#5016 Jan 3, 2013
naturaltruths wrote:
Yeah, we love that fairytale too. It's the one made up by creationists who needed a caricature to argue against instead of dealing with reality. Therefore in their eyes it's Godmagic or "random chance".
naturaltruths wrote:
Can you please provide any objectively verifiable testable falsifiable scientific evidence that this "God" entity of yours even exists? And would you be aware that if you could you would be the only person on the entire planet (current population 7 billion) who would be able to do so?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#5017 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You refused to read the links I provided that support my view, that's on you, not on me. It makes you a liar to state I didn't present evidence just because you didn't read it.
I have read your links.
Here is my counter argument.
http://pets.webmd.com/cats/the-scoop-on-cat-p...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0567680/

If you can't understand how these websites address the websites you linked, that's on you, not me.

It makes you a liar to state that I didn't completely refute your points by posting these links.

Now, if you would like to actually PRESENT an argument in your OWN words for ALL to see. I'd love to see you try.

IF you do, I will respond in MY own words and not link to various websites without any sort of explanation as to why I believe they are on point.

Sound fair? That's how an pair of educated adult men would handle this.

Can you be at least two out of three?

Valley Village, CA

#5018 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of sh*t ranting liar.
Honestly, Skippy. You can stop posting. You haven't had anything new to say in over a year.

All you do is blanket curse words, then switch accounts and try and judge your own posts.

It's sad. Even for someone like you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5019 Jan 3, 2013
naturaltruths wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god, thanks, you can stop lying to us about your fairytale story now.

Valley Village, CA

#5020 Jan 3, 2013
naturaltruths wrote:
I don't think you understand the concept of a fairy tale.

The fairy tale is a narrative in which a magical being (a fairy) interacts with the world to bring about some sort of end result that carries a message of either wisdom or instruction.

There is no magical being in science.
There is a very important magical being in your religion.

Do you see the difference?

As for life happening "at random", can you name a single component of any living thing which is not comprised of a chemical? Any piece, no matter how big or small from any plant or animal. A tree, a bug, an elephant, a flower. Any of it not chemical?
Your criticisms would be interesting if it weren't for the fact that you are wrong about what science actually says.

What makes you believe that humans have stopped evolving? If anything we are evolving FASTER than we have in the past.
...it is simply too complex and perfect to be a product of chance...
Can you define perfect? Can you explain why you believe the human body is "perfect"?
It's good that you are attending at least one type of school, however it would probably make your argument stronger if it wasn't held only once a week and taught nothing.

Honestly, you don't sound stupid, but you are woefully ignorant of the facts.

It would be like if I told you the Bible was wrong because Jesus couldn't possibly have turned everyone into fish.

The entire basis of the argument is erroneous.

Location hidden

#5021 Jan 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Skip, why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
<quoted text>
Nice dodge. And that's why you're a liar. You keep claiming to have debunked me but now you've admitted you don't even read them. Hence you lie when claiming to have "smacked me down" as my arguments have not been addressed yet.
For over a year.
So really, Skip. What is your purpose here other than to regurgitate insults at people who you disagree with because you're uneducated?
Keep talk squirt, I'll keep reminding everyone here how you failed to understand:

1) The burden of proof - after a whole year still too lazy and cowardly to acknowledge you have no clue what it means and why it debunks your "argument".

The job of scientists has never been to go around chasing illiterate idiots who invent gods. Fact, you lose this point, sh*t the f*ck up.

2) After a year of babbling, you still fail to produce any example of anything that is both real and unfalsifiable.

Keep chatting sh*t as I say, everyone here knows exactly how full of sh*t you are, just like Nuggin is.

These two facts condemn every opinion that's ever graced your ridiculous, dishonest and arrogant mind.

Rest in peace moron.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5022 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read your links.
Here is my counter argument.
http://pets.webmd.com/cats/the-scoop-on-cat-p...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0567680/
If you can't understand how these websites address the websites you linked, that's on you, not me.
It makes you a liar to state that I didn't completely refute your points by posting these links.
Now, if you would like to actually PRESENT an argument in your OWN words for ALL to see. I'd love to see you try.
IF you do, I will respond in MY own words and not link to various websites without any sort of explanation as to why I believe they are on point.
Sound fair? That's how an pair of educated adult men would handle this.
Can you be at least two out of three?
Nope, you didn't read my links. Thank you for demonstrating that you are a liar ... again. Like shooting fish in a barrel, finding your lies.

Valley Village, CA

#5023 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
1) The burden of proof - after a whole year still too lazy and cowardly to acknowledge you have no clue what it means and why it debunks your "argument".
Please, please, please, pretty please, tell us what "Burden of Proof" means.

We've been BEGGING you.

Why can't you do it?

Oh, right. You have NO friggin idea what you are talking about.

Valley Village, CA

#5024 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you didn't read my links. Thank you for demonstrating that you are a liar ... again. Like shooting fish in a barrel, finding your lies.
What makes you think I didn't read them? I presented you with point by point refutations through the two links I provided.

Did you read my links? Do you not see the points they address?

Really, you're the one who's lying here.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5025 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I didn't read them? I presented you with point by point refutations through the two links I provided.
Did you read my links? Do you not see the points they address?
Really, you're the one who's lying here.
This is so much fun, it is true what they say, give an idiot enough rope and they'll hang themselves. You not only hung yourself, you managed to hogtie and hoist yourself upside down in this. Thank you for demonstrating to me that you are a lying sexist pig.

Valley Village, CA

#5026 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so much fun, it is true what they say, give an idiot enough rope and they'll hang themselves. You not only hung yourself, you managed to hogtie and hoist yourself upside down in this. Thank you for demonstrating to me that you are a lying sexist pig.
If you say so.

Of course, given your obsession with my penis, I'd say it's pretty apparent to all involved who's more concerned about someone's gender.

Now, if you would like to stop trying to change the subject and get back to the actual argument, that would be amazing.

Of course, we both know, THAT's not going to happen.

Still, I'll keep trying to treat you like an adult with an education.

You claimed that science proves things. Dude and I correctly pointed out that science can not prove things, only disprove things.

We gave you examples.

You clearly didn't understand the examples.

Which words were too hard for you?

Location hidden

#5027 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, please, please, pretty please, tell us what "Burden of Proof" means.
We've been BEGGING you.
Why can't you do it?
Oh, right. You have NO friggin idea what you are talking about.
Do your own homework you ridiculous ranting troll oaf that couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag if his life depended upon it.

Location hidden

#5028 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
Of course, given your obsession with my penis, I'd say it's pretty apparent to all involved who's more concerned about someone's gender.
Now, if you would like to stop trying to change the subject and get back to the actual argument, that would be amazing.
Of course, we both know, THAT's not going to happen.
Still, I'll keep trying to treat you like an adult with an education.
You claimed that science proves things. Dude and I correctly pointed out that science can not prove things, only disprove things.
We gave you examples.
You clearly didn't understand the examples.
Which words were too hard for you?
LOL science can't prove things!! hahahahahaha what a load of f*cking nonsense.

Valley Village, CA

#5029 Jan 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL science can't prove things!! hahahahahaha what a load of f*cking nonsense.
Alright, Skippy. Time for you to put your money where your mouth is.

Outline an experiment which definitively PROVES something.

Remember, not _disproves_ something. That's MY position. You need to PROVE something.

Can you do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr religionislies 58
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr religionislies 226,397
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Mikko 21,506
The Ultimate Evidence of God 10 hr CunningLinguist 65
The myth of the angry atheist 16 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 18 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 18 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••