Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#4989 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet no matter how often you are wrong, you never admit it, even if it means lying about it.
Can you cite a single example of a time I've been wrong?

You seem to think it happens all the time. So, let's see it. Go on, find the quote and then explain why you think it's wrong and provide examples which back up your claim.

Wait, all that sounds familiar. Oh right, that's what I've been asking you to do for a week now.

LOL. Guess that's never going to happen.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4990 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. It's been what? 20 posts from you now? STILL no examples to back up your claim about science.
I'm not underestimating you at all. You are as low or lower than I expect.
And it's not because you are a women. It's because you made a claim and can't back it up.
I only mention the woman thing because you are clearly more obsessed with my penis than presenting and argument to back up your claim.
Let me guess what comes next... Yet another post in which you claim I'm mean and fail to present your evidence.
I posted several links, you ignored them and began ad homs, now you want me to post those links again? You are either insane or think I am. I am not. Go back to the post you didn't actually address, or are you just too lazy? Don't provide evidence that stereotypes of male laziness are accurate, that would not bode well.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4991 Jan 2, 2013
The famous Nuggin logic thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4992 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
The famous Nuggin logic thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
I am beginning to think Nuggin and logic are contradictions.

Valley Village, CA

#4993 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am beginning to think Nuggin and logic are contradictions.
I'm beginning to think you wouldn't know the difference.

You made a claim that science proves things.
Give us an example of an experiment which would prove something.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4994 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think you wouldn't know the difference.
You made a claim that science proves things.
Give us an example of an experiment which would prove something.
... and I presented links that oppose your claim. Just because you wanted to ignore them doesn't make them go away, nor does it make them wrong.

Valley Village, CA

#4995 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted several links, you ignored them and began ad homs, now you want me to post those links again? You are either insane or think I am. I am not. Go back to the post you didn't actually address, or are you just too lazy? Don't provide evidence that stereotypes of male laziness are accurate, that would not bode well.
I've made it a policy not to chase links for the following reasons:
1) The person posting the link often hasn't read the website but is expecting others to read it.
2) If you post a link to some bit of evidence and then I post a link to a response, no one is actually seeing the argument, just a collection of links.
3) I'm not in a debate with whoever wrote the article to which you are linking, so there's no point debating it.

If you have an argument to make, then make it. In your own words. Here for all to see.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4996 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I've made it a policy not to chase links for the following reasons:
1) The person posting the link often hasn't read the website but is expecting others to read it.
2) If you post a link to some bit of evidence and then I post a link to a response, no one is actually seeing the argument, just a collection of links.
3) I'm not in a debate with whoever wrote the article to which you are linking, so there's no point debating it.
If you have an argument to make, then make it. In your own words. Here for all to see.
Nothing but excuses, not that I expected more from you.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4997 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Big surprise, you're a conservative. Knew that from your argument that Jesus is the only god that counts.
Now, if you'd like to provide a single example of the conservative movement achieving anything, I'd be happy to see it:
So far, the record goes:
Civil War - fail
Equal Rights for blacks - fail
Equal rights for women - fail
Remove Clinton from office - fail
Ban minorities from voting in key states - fail
Remove Obama from office - fail
Ban evolution from schools - fail
Yeah, you guys are batting a million so far.

There is no god, only me and my dog.
There are equal rights, you have the right to whine.
I believe in your repetitive stupidity.
It's mind over matter, I don't mind that you don't matter.

Valley Village, CA

#4998 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but excuses, not that I expected more from you.
Translation: You can't actually present the argument in your own words for the rest of the people to see.

Frankly, I expect nothing from you. The fact that continue to click "post comment" leads me to believe you have someone there helping you

Valley Village, CA

#4999 Jan 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no god, only me and my dog.
There are equal rights, you have the right to whine.
I believe in your repetitive stupidity.
It's mind over matter, I don't mind that you don't matter.
Meaning basically that the entire Conservative movement has been a total failure, so much so that you can't even defend your political leanings with one (1) example of something positive Conservatives have accomplished.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5000 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: You can't actually present the argument in your own words for the rest of the people to see.
Frankly, I expect nothing from you. The fact that continue to click "post comment" leads me to believe you have someone there helping you
But isn't this so much fun? You present a pointless point, I show how pointless it is, then you respond with ad homs and crybaby antics.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5002 Jan 2, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning basically that the entire Conservative movement has been a total failure, so much so that you can't even defend your political leanings with one (1) example of something positive Conservatives have accomplished.
THat is because there are no conservatives in this country.

Valley Village, CA

#5003 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't this so much fun? You present a pointless point, I show how pointless it is, then you respond with ad homs and crybaby antics.
Wow, talk about revisionist history.

Let's review.

You made the incorrect claim that science proves things.
Dude and I corrected you saying that science can not prove things, but rather disproves things.

You disagreed.
I outlined an experiment which demonstrates science's ability to disprove something and asked you to do the same for your claim.

You started talking about my penis.

Until you present an argument and evidence to support it, ALL discussion is going to be ad hom because you believe it's ad hom to say "you aren't presenting an argument".

Location hidden

#5004 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think.
If I believe this, I may as well believe in god.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5005 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review.
Dude and I corrected you saying that science can not prove things, but rather disproves things.
You disagreed.
I outlined an experiment which demonstrates science's ability to disprove something and asked you to do the same for your claim.
Until you present an argument and evidence to support it, ALL discussion is going to be ad hom because you believe it's ad hom to say "you aren't presenting an argument".
You refused to read the links I provided that support my view, that's on you, not on me. It makes you a liar to state I didn't present evidence just because you didn't read it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5006 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>THat is because there are no conservatives in this country.
I am a conservative, fiscal conservative to be precise. I agree with less government, less bans and regulation in other words, less taxes is nice if we can get a government that can actually budget and won't waste $10,000 on a toilet seat for an outhouse in the barracks of a needless war. Or waste money on an endless, and pointless, "war" on drugs. Or allow religious nonsense in schools, on our money, and in the pledge of allegiance. But meh, I guess things change and conservative now means something completely different, but I'm still keeping it real.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5007 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a conservative, fiscal conservative to be precise. I agree with less government, less bans and regulation in other words, less taxes is nice if we can get a government that can actually budget and won't waste $10,000 on a toilet seat for an outhouse in the barracks of a needless war. Or waste money on an endless, and pointless, "war" on drugs. Or allow religious nonsense in schools, on our money, and in the pledge of allegiance. But meh, I guess things change and conservative now means something completely different, but I'm still keeping it real.
I should have been more specific. There are no conservatives in politics. Especially when it comes to spending other people's money.

Location hidden

#5008 Jan 3, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review.
You disagreed.
Full of sh*t ranting liar.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5009 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I should have been more specific. There are no conservatives in politics. Especially when it comes to spending other people's money.
That's certainly true. The closest we had was Ron Paul, look what happened to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min waaasssuuup 227,605
Our world came from nothing? 8 min NightSerf 474
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 11 min Chiclets 22,251
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 64
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 78
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Patrick n Angela 4,105
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 4 hr yup 105
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE