Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#4929 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Can you name a god in which no one believes/believed? No.
http://www.godchecker.com/
Yep about 10,000 at least.
But seriously nobody ever thought zuul was a god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y3ns6H5dHrUXX
except nuglet
Is Zuul strictly from "Ghostbusters"?

Valley Village, CA

#4930 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
But seriously nobody ever thought zuul was a god.
Technically a "minion demi-god" according to the Ghostbuster fans.

However, you are incorrect.

"Zuul" exists in the "Ghostbusters" timeline, a Universe in which a giant marshmallow man attacked NYC in the 80s. This is not our Universe, as that event didn't happen here. In the past of "Ghostbusters" timeline, there were worshipers who believed in Zuul.

Those worshipers are as real as Zuul or Peter Venkman.

Try again.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4931 Jan 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't think all women are inferior. I think that you are an inferior thinker and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a woman.(Tranny is still a STRONG possibility).
You wrote these words:

----------
So, the ENTIRETY of your argument is: "I am right, you are wrong. Just believe me. No examples. You are mean."

That's how a child or a woman argues.
----------

You hate women, and it shows. Now you are attempting an ad hom, in an attempt to stir emotion. You are not an atheist, you are some religious nut job who plays like they have scientific comprehension, and your two above posts prove it. I'd say you were autistic, but I don't want to insult autistic people, they usually have some brains.

Valley Village, CA

#4932 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote these words:
----------
So, the ENTIRETY of your argument is: "I am right, you are wrong. Just believe me. No examples. You are mean."
That's how a child or a woman argues.
----------
You hate women, and it shows. Now you are attempting an ad hom, in an attempt to stir emotion. You are not an atheist, you are some religious nut job who plays like they have scientific comprehension, and your two above posts prove it. I'd say you were autistic, but I don't want to insult autistic people, they usually have some brains.
You complain (big surprise) that I'm reduced to ad hom. You're right. I am.

Here's why: You have NOT PRESENTED AN ARGUMENT.

Not one. You've failed to present a position. You've failed to present evidence to support that position.

What's left to argue?

And, need I remind you, I'm not talking about your vagina in my posts. I don't even want to THINK about your vagina. Meanwhile, you seem absolutely obsessed with my penis.

Here's an idea. If you want to be taken seriously, stop bitching and whining and PRESENT your case.

Otherwise, you are doing EXACTLY what I've accused you of: Stomping your feet, crying, and calling me mean.

Now, in this post AGAIN you have accused me of not understanding science. I have challenged you seven or so times now to demonstrate your point.

You have failed to EVEN TRY.

I'll repeat myself again (something I wouldn't have to do if you were a man, by the way). If you HONESTLY believed what you were saying you would be EAGER to present evidence. You would present MULTIPLE pieces of evidence and you would KEEP doing so.

You haven't presented one.

Which means you don't have any AND you don't have the conviction to bother to go look for some.

You want to win because you believe it is your god given right to declare yourself the winner based entirely on your sex. And your insulted that I refuse to allow you to get away with it.

That's all this is.

So, you can continue to accuse me of being sexist while DEMONSTRATING my point that you, as a woman, are incapable of engaging in debate on any sort of a rational, intellectual level.

OR, you can disprove my point about women by presenting evidence to also disprove my point about science.

So, it's a LOSE LOSE or (at least in your mind) a WIN WIN.

The PROBLEM is, and I'm going to lay this right out there because we both know strategy isn't in your genetic make up,(Oh, speaking of make up - it ain't working)... The PROBLEM is if you TRY and win the argument and LOSE, then you've utterly proven my point about you.

So, I'm going to take a bet that you're going to just sit there and proclaim that you don't have time for this - NEVER present your case, NEVER present evidence, NEVER even TRY to win the debate.

You'll just cluck your tongue, think about my penis and pretend you didn't lose.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4933 Jan 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's why: You have NOT PRESENTED AN ARGUMENT.
You thought I was presenting an argument? I was just pointing out your chauvinistic tendencies.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4934 Jan 1, 2013
Rambling illogical arguments? Check.
All caps? Check.
Arrogant f*ckwit who can't win a single argument? Check.

Must be Nuggin.

Valley Village, CA

#4935 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought I was presenting an argument? I was just pointing out your chauvinistic tendencies.
No, turning to ad hom was your way of running from the actual debate we were having in which you demonstrate a complete misunderstanding of the entire purpose of science.

Now, if you would like to stop demonstrating your inability to engage in debate, we're still waiting for you to present any sort of evidence...

Oh right, you can't present evidence because you are too busy thinking about my penis.

And you wonder where these stereotypes come from.

Valley Village, CA

#4936 Jan 1, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Rambling illogical arguments? Check.
All caps? Check.
Arrogant f*ckwit who can't win a single argument? Check.
Must be Nuggin.
Wow Skippy, you've just demonstrated that you don't even know the meaning of the word "all".

What a hell of a way to start off 2013.

Seriously, is there anyone in your house who speaks English?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4937 Jan 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, turning to ad hom was your way of running from the actual debate we were having in which you demonstrate a complete misunderstanding of the entire purpose of science.
Now, if you would like to stop demonstrating your inability to engage in debate, we're still waiting for you to present any sort of evidence...
Oh right, you can't present evidence because you are too busy thinking about my penis.
And you wonder where these stereotypes come from.
You made the ad homs, I just pointed out facts that were present on the forum itself.

Valley Village, CA

#4938 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the ad homs, I just pointed out facts that were present on the forum itself.
Sigh, predictably this is getting nowhere.

Do you or do you not have any examples to back up your claim about science PROVING things?

Or are you willing to accept that, once again, you've demonstrated a lack of understanding of the topic at hand and a complete incapability of admitting that you wrong.

It's amazing how someone like you could spend SO much time complaining about me doing ad homs while talking about my penis and yet can't find the time to come up with a SINGLE example of a SINGLE experiment which has ever conclusively proved something.

Tip:
Don't debate people who are better at arguing, particularly when they are both smarter and better informed than you.
huh

Little Elm, TX

#4939 Jan 1, 2013
Interesting???

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4940 Jan 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh, predictably this is getting nowhere.
Do you or do you not have any examples to back up your claim about science PROVING things?
Or are you willing to accept that, once again, you've demonstrated a lack of understanding of the topic at hand and a complete incapability of admitting that you wrong.
It's amazing how someone like you could spend SO much time complaining about me doing ad homs while talking about my penis and yet can't find the time to come up with a SINGLE example of a SINGLE experiment which has ever conclusively proved something.
Tip:
Don't debate people who are better at arguing, particularly when they are both smarter and better informed than you.
We know the opinion you have of yourself nougat , but it is the opinion of others about you that count.

Valley Village, CA

#4941 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the opinion you have of yourself nougat , but it is the opinion of others about you that count.
That is perhaps the saddest thing you've ever written here.

If you think that my self worth is wrapped up in your or Skippy's approval, you're fooling yourself.

Get some self confidence. Geez.

This does explain why you can't simply stick to the admission that you were wrong. What's it been 6? 7? times that you've conceded the debate only to come back and recant.

Tell you what, Aura. I offer you a challenge:

Despite the fact that my argument is self apparent, I have laid it out for you numerous times.

I bet you that you can't articulate my argument correctly.

Hint: You could just CUT & PASTE it from previous posts, but doing so would admit that you've failed.

If you do this, I'll do the same for your "argument".

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4942 Jan 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, now you're being ridiculous.
Ssshhh... C'mon this is entertaining beyond belief..

Valley Village, CA

#4943 Jan 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Ssshhh... C'mon this is entertaining beyond belief..
I know, she's totally ruining it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4944 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is that my opinion about you out weighs your opinion about yourself? Or is this a democratic process? If 3 people think that you are cool and 4 people think that you are retarded and 1 person doesn't care then what does that make you?

Location hidden

#4945 Jan 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So, what you are saying is that my opinion about you out weighs your opinion about yourself? Or is this a democratic process? If 3 people think that you are cool and 4 people think that you are retarded and 1 person doesn't care then what does that make you?
Highly opinionated. lol

Location hidden

#4946 Jan 1, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
That is perhaps the saddest thing you've ever written here.
If you think that my self worth is wrapped up in your or Skippy's approval, you're fooling yourself.
Get some self confidence. Geez.
This does explain why you can't simply stick to the admission that you were wrong. What's it been 6? 7? times that you've conceded the debate only to come back and recant.
Tell you what, Aura. I offer you a challenge:
Despite the fact that my argument is self apparent, I have laid it out for you numerous times.
I bet you that you can't articulate my argument correctly.
Hint: You could just CUT & PASTE it from previous posts, but doing so would admit that you've failed.
If you do this, I'll do the same for your "argument".
I have never conceded , and yes your argument is transparent.
I can see right through you.

Location hidden

#4947 Jan 1, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So, what you are saying is that my opinion about you out weighs your opinion about yourself? Or is this a democratic process? If 3 people think that you are cool and 4 people think that you are retarded and 1 person doesn't care then what does that make you?
It means simply no matter what you think of yourself , the bottom line is what your teachers and peers alike think about you that counts. In your case scenario it means I hang out with 3 women that think I'm cool , laugh at the 4 guys that think I'm retarded and
my mother doesn't care.:)

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4948 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It means simply no matter what you think of yourself , the bottom line is what your teachers and peers alike think about you that counts. In your case scenario it means I hang out with 3 women that think I'm cool , laugh at the 4 guys that think I'm retarded and
my mother doesn't care.:)
YOur mother doesn't care? That explains a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 227,741
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 min Richardfs 22,365
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 36 min wondering 342
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 2 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 5 hr P_Smith 1
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE