Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
4,841 - 4,860 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since you can't defeat me in a rational argument you _AGAIN_ resort to threatening my life.
You are a child.
Assuming that in a rational argument one is "defeated" is itself very childish. Rational people do not aim to "defeat" or even win, they aim to educate and learn, or perhaps formulate something new that was once unthought of.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you have an inferiority complex, as evidenced by your insistence that everyone agree with you, posting such would be futile, and simply inflame you more.
Let me get this straight. In different posts now you've claimed that I have both an inferiority and a superiority complex.

And despite the fact that I've provided a specific example of what I'm talking about and asked you to do the same, you either can't or won't.

But you reserve the right to proclaim everyone else wrong.

Sort of EXACTLY like Skippy and his "burden of proof" argument.

The reason you don't want to provide an example is not that I will reject it.(I will, of course. Not because I need to be right, but because the BASIS of your argument is wrong therefore you example will also be wrong.) The reason you don't want to provide an example is that you realized a few days ago you're wrong, but you don't have the balls (figuratively or literally) to own up to that fact.
You will enter fits of denial, and eventually just spew ad homs if you cannot get someone to agree with you.
Interesting accusation from someone who started this post attacking my personality.

I don't give a crap if you agree with me. I'm right. Whether or not you continue to be wrong or correct yourself and join the me in being right is irrelevant to my life.

I'm content with being right.

The only reason I continue to respond is that you continue to pretend that you think I'm incorrect when we both know you lost this debate.

Had you HONESTLY thought you were winning, you'd be EAGER - nay, INSISTENT, on providing an example.

Such is the position of the person with conviction.

You don't provide an example because you don't have conviction. Because you are wrong and know it.
The simple fact that you cannot even drop a topic until you "have the last word" demonstrates your inferiority complex, which is truly sad.
Says the person who just replied to my request for an example with a post of insults.

Funny.

Let's see if you have conviction about THIS claim.

Tell you what. You leave the forum and NEVER post again - you win this piece of the argument. You let me have the last word.

And, as a fun benefit. I also win because you leave.

If, however, you stick around, I'll know that you lack conviction even in THIS claim.
Consider those to be my final response, you shall not get me to agree with you, and I shall only reply to you when I do not agree with you. I shall also not attempt to point out the areas you are correct again
There was some debate going on about whether you were a transvestite or just an ugly woman.

This last part leaves no room for error. Only a whiny little bitch would post this.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that in a rational argument one is "defeated" is itself very childish. Rational people do not aim to "defeat" or even win, they aim to educate and learn, or perhaps formulate something new that was once unthought of.
In your PREVIOUS post you stated "This is my last response to you".

That lasted all of 10 seconds.

LOL. You're worthless.

Meanwhile, there can be no "educating" people like you.

Your position is: "I am right, always. I refuse to provide evidence to support that. Anyone who disagrees with me is insane."

Meanwhile, my position is: "I am right because X, Y, Z. Please respond with evidence."

You won't because you know you can't survive that kind of discussion.

So, either man up and act like you've got an education and a SHRED of dignity, or just keep on with the whiny bitchy sniping.

Either way, you'll lose.

Tip: Don't come onto a science forum if you don't understand science.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. In different posts now you've claimed that I have both an inferiority and a superiority complex.
And despite the fact that I've provided a specific example of what I'm talking about and asked you to do the same, you either can't or won't.
But you reserve the right to proclaim everyone else wrong.
Both complexes can occur in the same subject. Though you are correct, I presented the incorrect one in my last post.... and now you made me break what I had stated earlier but meh. I had to fess up to making an error.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, since you can't defeat me in a rational argument you _AGAIN_ resort to threatening my life.
You are a child.
Hardly Nougat < Don't make me reach through this computer screen.

And your Lil friend said I didn't understand sarcasm.
I will admit that arguing with you is pointless and a exorcise in futility. You would never admit when you're wrong , and you change others words around to suit yourself.

Is that what you think is rational, being dishonest?
Besides you would have to first have a life for me to threaten.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
In your PREVIOUS post you stated "This is my last response to you".
That lasted all of 10 seconds.
LOL. You're worthless.
Meanwhile, there can be no "educating" people like you.
Your position is: "I am right, always. I refuse to provide evidence to support that. Anyone who disagrees with me is insane."
Meanwhile, my position is: "I am right because X, Y, Z. Please respond with evidence."
You won't because you know you can't survive that kind of discussion.
So, either man up and act like you've got an education and a SHRED of dignity, or just keep on with the whiny bitchy sniping.
Either way, you'll lose.
Tip: Don't come onto a science forum if you don't understand science.
My last response to that specific inquiry, I did not say I would never respond to you at all, did I?

Sadly, you still fail to see that there are no winners or losers in a rational or even intelligent discussion, there are simply ideas and evidence. I admit when I am wrong quite often, you fail to recall that when it suits you, that makes for a very strong argument of you being a liar. Yet it is you who refuses to not only admit when you are wrong, but you also refuse to learn from that error.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Wait...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I haz mood muzak!
Works for me!

:-p

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly Nougat < Don't make me reach through this computer screen.
And your Lil friend said I didn't understand sarcasm.
I will admit that arguing with you is pointless and a exorcise in futility. You would never admit when you're wrong , and you change others words around to suit yourself.
Aura, be rational for a second.

Why would I admit that I'm wrong in a debate in which you have conceded four times already?

How can you accuse me of "changing others' words around" when you QUITE LITERALLY have misrepresented my argument a number of times despite having been corrected by both me and Dude on the subject?

As for it being an exercise in futility, that's true. But not for the reason you think. It's futile because you know I'm right and you've already conceded the debate multiple times. Expecting me to suddenly declare that you have won after you admitted defeat is futile. That's NEVER going to happen.

So far you have yet to present anything even close to a cogent argument.

Sure, you've threatened me with violence.
You've called me names.
You've claimed that I am responsible for slavery.

Yet NONE of that has anything to do with the following facts:

1) The definition of "god" from the dictionary includes the word "believe".
2) Therefore belief is a fundamental requirement of godhood.
3) Existence is NOT mentioned in the definition and is NOT a requirement of godhood.
4) Ramses did in fact exist.
5) Egypt did in fact exist.
6) Egyptians did, in fact, believe that Ramses was a god.

Therefore, Ramses (who DID actually exist) was a god in Egypt (which also actually existed).

All your ranting and raving has so far raised not ONE single disputable point.

So, futile? Yes. For you. Because you are wrong and you know it.
Is that what you think is rational, being dishonest?
Besides you would have to first have a life for me to threaten.
So, now it's petty insults?

Aura, you have frequently and consistently misrepresented my argument because you are unable to address the real points.

Do you feel that misrepresenting what I'm saying is honest or dishonest?

Seriously, time to stop acting like a child.

Just concede the debate for the 5th (6th?) time and then STOP recanting your concession.

Once you do that, you'll be fine.

You'll have lost. But at least you won't keep embarrassing yourself like this.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
I admit when I am wrong quite often, you fail to recall that when it suits you, that makes for a very strong argument of you being a liar. Yet it is you who refuses to not only admit when you are wrong, but you also refuse to learn from that error.
First of all, it's not my duty to remember when you have admitted your failures in the past. I don't give a crap about you. I certainly don't keep a tally of your errors. Hell, I barely read the posts in which you reply to me. I NEVER read the posts in which you are talking to someone else.

You simply aren't important enough to warrant the attention.

Second, this complaint that I "refuse to admit when I'm wrong" is LAUGHABLE.

I've given you MULTIPLE opportunities to provide an example of how you think science works._MULTIPLE_. You've failed to even ATTEMPT to do so.

So, the ENTIRETY of your argument is: "I am right, you are wrong. Just believe me. No examples. You are mean."

That's how a child or a woman argues. That's not discussion. It's not debate. It's not evidence. It's nothing. It's meaningless jabber.

So, no. I'm not going to "admit that I was wrong" simply because some yammering bitch declared it so despite being COMPLETELY unable to articulate why or provide even a SINGLE example of an experiment demonstrating her view of "science".

Go away. This forum is not for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura, be rational for a second.
Why would I admit that I'm wrong in a debate in which you have conceded four times already?
How can you accuse me of "changing others' words around" when you QUITE LITERALLY have misrepresented my argument a number of times despite having been corrected by both me and Dude on the subject?
As for it being an exercise in futility, that's true. But not for the reason you think. It's futile because you know I'm right and you've already conceded the debate multiple times. Expecting me to suddenly declare that you have won after you admitted defeat is futile. That's NEVER going to happen.
So far you have yet to present anything even close to a cogent argument.
Sure, you've threatened me with violence.
You've called me names.
You've claimed that I am responsible for slavery.
Yet NONE of that has anything to do with the following facts:
1) The definition of "god" from the dictionary includes the word "believe".
3) Existence is NOT mentioned in the definition and is NOT a requirement of godhood.
4) Ramses did in fact exist.
5) Egypt did in fact exist.
Therefore, Ramses (who DID actually exist) was a god in Egypt (which also actually existed).
All your ranting and raving has so far raised not ONE single disputable point.
So, futile? Yes. For you. Because you are wrong and you know it.
<quoted text>
So, now it's petty insults?
Aura, you have frequently and consistently misrepresented my argument because you are unable to address the real points.
Do you feel that misrepresenting what I'm saying is honest or dishonest?
Seriously, time to stop acting like a child.
Just concede the debate for the 5th (6th?) time and then STOP recanting your concession.
Once you do that, you'll be fine.
You'll have lost. But at least you won't keep embarrassing yourself like this.
I've conceded nothing Mr. Pigeon you crap and fly away saying it though.

True , but the qualification fails under scrutiny.
It only applies strictly to those who "believe" within the Imperial cult. The "god" status is a facade and deception, illusion , fallacy, tyranny ,false.

Belief includes things like the Earth is hollow .
See facade and deception, illusion , fallacy, tyranny ,false.

You epic fail again again and again and will every time you try to pass your Imperial cult leader off as a "real god".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it's not my duty to remember when you have admitted your failures in the past. I don't give a crap about you. I certainly don't keep a tally of your errors. Hell, I barely read the posts in which you reply to me. I NEVER read the posts in which you are talking to someone else.
I've given you MULTIPLE opportunities to provide an example of how you think science works._MULTIPLE_. You've failed to even ATTEMPT to do so.
So, the ENTIRETY of your argument is: "I am right, you are wrong. Just believe me. No examples. You are mean."
That's how a child or a woman argues. That's not discussion. It's not debate. It's not evidence. It's nothing. It's meaningless jabber.
So, no. I'm not going to "admit that I was wrong" simply because some yammering bitch declared it so despite being COMPLETELY unable to articulate why or provide even a SINGLE example of an experiment demonstrating her view of "science".
Are you a spoiled little brat girl? Or do you just enjoy acting like one?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I go where I want. Now you have said something that is downright bigoted of you. So, you think women are inferior to you, now it all makes sense. You are a pig, a rancid husk of a thing, not even fit to be called male. You are even unfit to be called "it," you have proven you hate women being smarter than you, you have proven you hate when people disagree with you, and you close it off by insulting all women everywhere. You are the scum that gets companies sued for sexual harassment. Your "member" must be so small you have to feel threatened by any female who shows a tiny ounce of intelligence. But the problem is that you think with that same tiny "member" so your intellect is minuscule and virtually non-existent. I was wrong for asserting you have a superiority complex, you aren't smart enough to even realize that you're as ignorant and and stupid at pond scum.

I take that back, I don't want to insult pond scum, because it at least serves a purpose. Get your needle prick out of here.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a spoiled little brat girl? Or do you just enjoy acting like one?
Don't insult spoiled brat girls like that, that's just mean.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't insult spoiled brat girls like that, that's just mean.
LOL Me so sorry :(

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Me so sorry :(
You are forgiven .... iiiiissss what they'd say./shiftyeyes

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I've conceded nothing Mr. Pigeon you crap and fly away saying it though.
True , but the qualification fails under scrutiny.
You JUST conceded the point, immediately below a sentence in which you claim you never did any such thing.

The POINT. The ENTIRE POINT is this:
"The definition of god from the dictionary contains the word belief".

That's not a debatable fact. That's not even something you should try and debate. That's a statement which is above reproached.

The definition, in fact, DOES contain that word. Period. No further discussion.
It only applies strictly to those who "believe" within the Imperial cult. The "god" status is a facade and deception, illusion , fallacy, tyranny ,false.
You continue making this point. And I continue refuting it with this sentence:
"As opposed to which god".

You have YET to answer.

Your argument (I'm being EXTREMELY generous by calling it that) is that Ramses doesn't count as a god because he's not a "real god".

However, when I ask you in what way Ramses differs from any of the THOUSANDS of gods you can research, your response is: "Well, X isn't a real god either."

So, I re-ask you. Can you name a "real god"? No. You can't.

You've created a set that contains ZERO items and then complained that the word which ACCURATELY describes the other set containing 15,000+ gods is unfair because it doesn't ALSO explain your set of nothing.

That's not how words work.
Belief includes things like the Earth is hollow .
The Earth being hollow or not is not based on the criteria of belief, but rather whether or not there is material there.

Can you name an Earth that is not hollow? Yes. This one.
Can you name a god in which no one believes/believed? No.
You epic fail again again and again and will every time you try to pass your Imperial cult leader off as a "real god".
So, you've ALREADY conceded that Ramses was a god.(See above)
But you DISAGREE that he was in fact physically real.

Yet, when I point out that you deny that Ramses actually existed, you claim I am lying.

Aura, at this point, you've come down on both sides of EVERY single point. I _CAN'T_ lie about your position because it's all encompassing.

You've admitted, even in this post, that you've lost this debate.

Stop fighting it.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I go where I want. Now you have said something that is downright bigoted of you. So, you think women are inferior to you, now it all makes sense. You are a pig, a rancid husk of a thing, not even fit to be called male. You are even unfit to be called "it,"
First of all, I don't think all women are inferior. I think that you are an inferior thinker and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a woman.(Tranny is still a STRONG possibility).

Your inability to argue is because, like most women, you don't have a solid grasp of the responsibility of the individual in the debate to provide both a view point and evidence to support it.

Is that true of all women? No. Hillary probably does not have this problem.

However, the VAST majority of women do what you do:
- Make a statement that you are unable to back up
- Whine when someone asks you for evidence
- Stomp your feet and proclaim your opponent is a "sexist" because he doesn't just openly believe your claim
- Cry
- Attempt to insult your opponents genitals.
(Let's see how the rest of your post goes)

You aren't doing women any favors by perpetuating this trend.

Now, if you HAVE some evidence, let's see it.
If not, then wait your turn to speak because you haven't earned the right to be listened to.
you have proven you hate women being smarter than you, you have proven you hate when people disagree with you, and you close it off by insulting all women everywhere. You are the scum that gets companies sued for sexual harassment. Your "member" must be so small you have to feel threatened by any female who shows a tiny ounce of intelligence. But the problem is that you think with that same tiny "member" so your intellect is minuscule and virtually non-existent. I was wrong for asserting you have a superiority complex, you aren't smart enough to even realize that you're as ignorant and and stupid at pond scum.
I take that back, I don't want to insult pond scum, because it at least serves a purpose. Get your needle prick out of here.
Oh look
"Wah, wah, wah. You're mean. No evidence. I'm right. You should let me win because I'm a girl. You have a small penis."

Yup. That's the BEST and ONLY argument you can come up with.

Your insults about my intelligence are laughable as you have had ample opportunity to dispute my points and present evidence and you have yet to even TRY to do so.

You _HAVEN'T__EVEN__TRIED_.

That's pretty f*#king pathetic.

Meanwhile, your obsession about my penis neither offends me nor offers any position in the debate. It's just you talking about my genitals because you can't think of anything valid to say.

So, let's see what your next post will be:
A) You present an actual example of a way that science can do an experiment which proves something 100% with no room for alternative answers.(Haha! That's not gonna happen. We both know that.)

B) You complain about me being "mean" and then claim that I am wrong without providing evidence.(How's that been working for you)

C) You proclaim AGAIN that you won't be responding to me IN A RESPONSE to me.

D) You quietly slink away to hide in a dark room and dream of the day you'll be able to convince a doctor to sew a dick on you and give you some self worth.

Let's take bets, shall we?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't think all women are inferior. I think that you are an inferior thinker and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a woman.(Tranny is still a STRONG possibility).
Your inability to argue is because, like most women, you don't have a solid grasp of the responsibility of the individual in the debate to provide both a view point and evidence to support it.
Is that true of all women? No. Hillary probably does not have this problem.
However, the VAST majority of women do what you do:
- Make a statement that you are unable to back up
- Whine when someone asks you for evidence
- Stomp your feet and proclaim your opponent is a "sexist" because he doesn't just openly believe your claim
- Cry
- Attempt to insult your opponents genitals.
(Let's see how the rest of your post goes)
You aren't doing women any favors by perpetuating this trend.
Now, if you HAVE some evidence, let's see it.
If not, then wait your turn to speak because you haven't earned the right to be listened to.
<quoted text>
Oh look
"Wah, wah, wah. You're mean. No evidence. I'm right. You should let me win because I'm a girl. You have a small penis."
Yup. That's the BEST and ONLY argument you can come up with.
Your insults about my intelligence are laughable as you have had ample opportunity to dispute my points and present evidence and you have yet to even TRY to do so.
You _HAVEN'T__EVEN__TRIED_.
That's pretty f*#king pathetic.
Meanwhile, your obsession about my penis neither offends me nor offers any position in the debate. It's just you talking about my genitals because you can't think of anything valid to say.
So, let's see what your next post will be:
A) You present an actual example of a way that science can do an experiment which proves something 100% with no room for alternative answers.(Haha! That's not gonna happen. We both know that.)
B) You complain about me being "mean" and then claim that I am wrong without providing evidence.(How's that been working for you)
C) You proclaim AGAIN that you won't be responding to me IN A RESPONSE to me.
D) You quietly slink away to hide in a dark room and dream of the day you'll be able to convince a doctor to sew a dick on you and give you some self worth.
Let's take bets, shall we?
Ok, now you're being ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Can you name a god in which no one believes/believed? No.

http://www.godchecker.com/

Yep about 10,000 at least.
But seriously nobody ever thought zuul was a god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

except nuglet

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, now you're being ridiculous.
*wink*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Catcher1 224,351
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 7 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 14 hr religionisillness 24
•••
•••