Aliens and evolution

Aliens and evolution

There are 6309 comments on the Washington Times story from Jun 19, 2012, titled Aliens and evolution. In it, Washington Times reports that:

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4769 Dec 27, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Notice how the f*cker neglects to talk about science or evidence behind the claims.
Go boom.

Irony meter does it.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#4770 Dec 27, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, its that time of year again, when Nuggin gets uppity and I have to smack him down once again by linking to the now legendary "Nuggin Logic Thread":
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
"My criteria is simple. Do other people think that this thing/person is a god? Yes. Then it is a god. Period."- Nuggin
Legendary in your mind. Ignored by the rest of the posters.

More importantly, what part of the definition do you not understand?

Oh right, ALL of it.

Skippy, you haven't had anything to contribute since your mom shat you out. Give it up. Ever letter you type is a waste of valuable internet data

Los Angeles, CA

#4771 Dec 27, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Nuggin argument template for anyone to fail like Nuggin at basic logic:
"My criteria is simple. Do other people think that [insert unproven claim)? Yes. Then [repeat unproven claim]. Period." - Nuggin
See, changing my quote does not suddenly make you right.

I didn't say: "Do people believe in bigfoot" because the definition of bigfoot does not contain the word "believe". It would be something like: "A mythological talk upright walking primate said to inhabit the American NW"

Whether or not people believe in bigfoot has no bearing on whether or not bigfoot exists. If bigfoot were real and NO humans existed, then bigfoot would exist.

There isn't a single god which could exist in the absence of believers.

Los Angeles, CA

#4772 Dec 27, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Legendary? Man, you do have an overinflated sense of ego don'cha? You mean that thread that you made just so you could lose the exact same argument all over again?
If you want legendary then that's the Marksman11 thread. Three years of classics such as there are no oak trees only trees made of oak wood, giant magnetic Earth covering ice shields, and penguins have flippers not wings.
But it's probably not considered legendary by most beyond the evolution forum.
I don't know, I think Skippy gives Mark a run for the money with such classics as:
NASA faked the moon landing
Lizards are imaginary
Egypt never existed
C-14 Dating is fake

That's some pretty crazy crap right there.

Los Angeles, CA

#4773 Dec 27, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-i s-abstract-thinking.htm#did-yo u-know
"People with certain learning disabilities and some types of mental retardation can have great difficulty conceptualizing beyond a certain point or they may have trouble with words that represent ideas rather than things."
So I should stop beating up on Aura because he's retarded? That's fair.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#4774 Dec 27, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So I should stop beating up on Aura because he's retarded? That's fair.
I wish you would try , I really do.
Because you would be blind deaf and dumb and wander around headless limbless and forever wish you had not met me.
Well sorta like what you do now.

Los Angeles, CA

#4775 Dec 27, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I wish you would try , I really do.
Because you would be blind deaf and dumb and wander around headless limbless and forever wish you had not met me.
Well sorta like what you do now.
I had to read this three times before I realized you're a child.

LOL. You are actually threatening me with violence? Pathetic.

Nitwit, I'm not talking about beating you up physically. I'm talking about beating you up psychologically.

As the previous poster pointed out, the reason you can't grasp this concept is not your stubbornness or lack of education but rather a result of your learning disability.

I'm perfectly willing to toss you to the wolves if you're just a stupid creationist coming back for more because you hate science.

But, in this case, you are literally incapable of comprehending the debate. It explains a lot, actually.

There have been plenty of "Oh, I get it." or "I see what you are saying" posts from people who've joined in midway, read two posts, agreed and left.

Meanwhile you and Skippy keep on fighting as if the dictionary was going to change.

Your brains are just inferior when it comes to thinking abstractly. That's not your fault.

Don't get mad.
Don't threaten people with violence.

Just realize that science and scientific debate are not areas in which you will succeed most of the time.

Try landscaping or driving an ice cream truck - you should be perfectly capable.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#4776 Dec 27, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to read this three times before I realized you're a child.
LOL. You are actually threatening me with violence? Pathetic.
Nitwit, I'm not talking about beating you up physically. I'm talking about beating you up psychologically.
As the previous poster pointed out, the reason you can't grasp this concept is not your stubbornness or lack of education but rather a result of your learning disability.
I'm perfectly willing to toss you to the wolves if you're just a stupid creationist coming back for more because you hate science.
But, in this case, you are literally incapable of comprehending the debate. It explains a lot, actually.
There have been plenty of "Oh, I get it." or "I see what you are saying" posts from people who've joined in midway, read two posts, agreed and left.
Meanwhile you and Skippy keep on fighting as if the dictionary was going to change.
Your brains are just inferior when it comes to thinking abstractly. That's not your fault.
Don't get mad.
Don't threaten people with violence.
Just realize that science and scientific debate are not areas in which you will succeed most of the time.
Try landscaping or driving an ice cream truck - you should be perfectly capable.
You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know , this is Nuggin the fool who thought he defeated Achilles.

You just realize you have brought not a shred of scientific evidence to the table. But you have supported the position of
a Theocratic Monarch and called the bastard a god.
You have the mind of a silly little slave girl, waiting for your god to fondle you like a dog waiting for it's master.

Your Imperial cult of brainwashed fools have no god to rely on ,
only foolish notions there could even be one. Clearly I threaten your feeble mind and not your body , as your body like your nonexistent brain are nowhere to be found.
I suggest you define the term Imperial Cult , then realize the position you support is one from stupidity.

Los Angeles, CA

#4777 Dec 27, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know , this is Nuggin the fool who thought he defeated Achilles.
You just realize you have brought not a shred of scientific evidence to the table. But you have supported the position of
a Theocratic Monarch and called the bastard a god.
You have the mind of a silly little slave girl, waiting for your god to fondle you like a dog waiting for it's master.
Your Imperial cult of brainwashed fools have no god to rely on ,
only foolish notions there could even be one. Clearly I threaten your feeble mind and not your body , as your body like your nonexistent brain are nowhere to be found.
I suggest you define the term Imperial Cult , then realize the position you support is one from stupidity.
As I said before, it's unethical for me to continue to beat up on someone who lacks the intellectual capacity to even understand the debate.

I've explained it in such a way that numerous other people have been able to grasp it.

You haven't grasped it because you can't grasp it because your brain does not work correctly.

That doesn't make you a bad person, it just means you'll never be able to contribute.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#4778 Dec 27, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, it's unethical for me to continue to beat up on someone who lacks the intellectual capacity to even understand the debate.
I've explained it in such a way that numerous other people have been able to grasp it.
You haven't grasped it because you can't grasp it because your brain does not work correctly.
That doesn't make you a bad person, it just means you'll never be able to contribute.
You're a funny guy nuggin, but doesn't mean you have a better understanding. You of course try to explain why your twisted logic is
right, but can't accept you're incorrect because your insanity keeps getting in the way. Maybe it's time for your meds again?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4779 Dec 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Legendary? Man, you do have an overinflated sense of ego don'cha? You mean that thread that you made just so you could lose the exact same argument all over again?
If you want legendary then that's the Marksman11 thread. Three years of classics such as there are no oak trees only trees made of oak wood, giant magnetic Earth covering ice shields, and penguins have flippers not wings.
But it's probably not considered legendary by most beyond the evolution forum.
Nuggin's cheerleader, right on cue.

Just to remind everyone again how much of a coward you are since:

1. Cornered for not know what the "burden of proof" means. You expect scientists to go around disproving the imaginations of idiots all day long. The fact that you don't understand this makes you an idiot.

2. For the last two years, running scared & unable to provide me with an example of something that is both real and unfalsifiable.

Keep talking you piece of sh*t with no integrity.

I'll keep repeating these same two points that smack you the f*ck back down every single time.

Location hidden

#4780 Dec 28, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
See, changing my quote does not suddenly make you right.
I didn't say: "Do people believe in bigfoot" because the definition of bigfoot does not contain the word "believe". It would be something like: "A mythological talk upright walking primate said to inhabit the American NW"
Whether or not people believe in bigfoot has no bearing on whether or not bigfoot exists. If bigfoot were real and NO humans existed, then bigfoot would exist.
There isn't a single god which could exist in the absence of believers.
You need verified scientific evidence of bigfoot for bigfoot to be real. End of f*cking story.

Same goes for god.

Location hidden

#4781 Dec 28, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brains are just inferior when it comes to thinking abstractly.
For you, thinking abstractly means ignoring logic and science & intellectual honesty, in which case we're all glad to be inferior compared to you.

Location hidden

#4782 Dec 28, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
At the end of the day, you're a rambling idiot who has no proof of god.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4784 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuggin's cheerleader, right on cue.
1. Cornered for not know what the "burden of proof" means. You expect scientists to go around disproving the imaginations of idiots all day long. The fact that you don't understand this makes you an idiot.
2. For the last two years, running scared & unable to provide me with an example of something that is both real and unfalsifiable.
Keep talking you piece of sh*t with no integrity.
I'll keep repeating these same two points that smack you the f*ck back down every single time.
Uh, yeah. I KNOW you'll keep repeating the same old points. That's all we've had for MONTHS. When you come up with something I HAVEN'T already addressed then let me know.

Till then, keep lying Skip.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4785 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, thinking abstractly means ignoring logic and science & intellectual honesty, in which case we're all glad to be inferior compared to you.
Adjusting the irony meter again. Just thought I'd be helpful and point out your sig should read "Why do fundamentalists lie?"

You are one.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4786 Dec 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Adjusting the irony meter again. Just thought I'd be helpful and point out your sig should read "Why do fundamentalists lie?"
You are one.
It isn't nice to pick on retards.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4787 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You need verified scientific evidence of bigfoot for bigfoot to be real. End of f*cking story.
Same goes for god.
Nobody claims that bigfoot is supernatural, you idiot.

Los Angeles, CA

#4788 Dec 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a funny guy nuggin, but doesn't mean you have a better understanding. You of course try to explain why your twisted logic is
right, but can't accept you're incorrect because your insanity keeps getting in the way. Maybe it's time for your meds again?
That would be a fine position to hold if you and I were the only two people in this debate.

However, we aren't.

I've got a great number of people on my side who've read my position, understand it and agreed with it.

You? You've got Skippy. Only Skippy. And the two of you can't even argue against what I'm actually saying, you have to build straw men.(See Skippy quoting me and then misquoting me in back to back posts above).

It's time for you to realize, you are not on the rational side of this argument. You never have been. Continuing to claim that the dictionary causes slavery, etc is not going to win over any readers.

You lost. You admitted as much 4x already.

Just walk away.

Los Angeles, CA

#4789 Dec 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<
1. Cornered for not know what the "burden of proof" means.
For the 97th time. Please Skippy! Please tell us what the "burden of proof" means and how you met it with your claim.

Your inability to demonstrate your knowledge is REALLY undercutting your continued claim that Dude doesn't know.

So, go on. Show us how smart you are.
You expect scientists to go around disproving
That's what scientists do. You can't prove anything, only disprove it.
You are contradicting yourself.

And, those examples have been provided to you a number of times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 85,415
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 15 min Subduction Zone 4,757
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 hr Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 23 hr superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Sun emperorjohn 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism Sun emperorjohn 1
More from around the web