Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 232)

Showing posts 4,621 - 4,640 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You have very obviously never been a sex slave.
There isn't a sex slave in the world who can present us with a box of slavery.

Just like they can't present us with a box of "freedom" or of "satisfaction".

Slavery isn't a physical thing, it's a condition.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut the f*ck up you lying piece of sh*t who doesn't know what the burden of proof is.
LOL. That's a perfect parody of Skippy...

Oh wait, that IS Skippy.

You now how they say you can't parody a Creationist because their behavior is too ridiculous to lampoon...

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of sh*t it's painful to watch you attempt to verbally wrangle your way out of your own faulty logic.
Yawn.

Skippy, provide us with a picture of slavery and you win.

Otherwise, admit you were wrong.

LOL! Like that's going to happen.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, stay on topic. Ramses made himself a god. I don't need explanations of the rest.
Actually, an individual can't make themselves a god.
They can claim to be a god, but they won't be unless other people believe them.

It's the belief of others that count, not the individual/thing in which they believe.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can propose to Ramses , but you will have to ask his mummy.
And.......Since he is already a mummy , you Nuggin will have to play daddy.
You will be the queen of polytheistic mythology!
I take this to mean you've given up the debate and conceded for a 5th and final time.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He would use the same argument about marriage, because it's a "relationship" that only exists in the minds of the two people involved.
Close. Marriage exists in society at large as a concept independent of any two particular people.

You could have a group of people who believe that A and B are married even if A and B themselves do not believe it.

However, if there are no people to consider the concept, then it no longer exists. Wipe out humans and "marriage" goes poof.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't a sex slave in the world who can present us with a box of slavery.
Just like they can't present us with a box of "freedom" or of "satisfaction".
Slavery isn't a physical thing, it's a condition.
Slavery is a physical condition. When we look at slaves of the past we think, "Why didn't they just walk away?", that it's a submissive attitude they could have decided just as easily not to have. The truth is that they feared physical harm worse than what they were already enduring. The sex slave of today also knows this feeling. The slave is inside the box and so does most of their thinking there. The more fearful, submissive ones end up merely looking forward to not being chained while sleeping in that box. Just surviving, being, is good enough for some captives.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the belief of others that count, not the individual/thing in which they believe.
True, so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Close. Marriage exists in society at large as a concept independent of any two particular people.
You could have a group of people who believe that A and B are married even if A and B themselves do not believe it.
However, if there are no people to consider the concept, then it no longer exists. Wipe out humans and "marriage" goes poof.
I think that animals that mate for life probably have what could be a "concept" of marriage. I saw a healthy male goose who wouldn't migrate with the rest of the flock because his mate was too sick to fly. Wouldn't instinct tell him to stay with the healthy ones because he had a better chance of survival with them? There's a bond that instinct couldn't break.
As long as there are other animals around after(if) man has gone extinct there is always the possibility that they, too, may develop rituals to enforce those bonds. The concept/condition may continue until the universe once again becomes too homogeneous for life to exist. I think that it is a natural condition that will always result between the sexes.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I take this to mean you've given up the debate and conceded for a 5th and final time.

No I think this means we will never agree ,and you will never win.
Nor will I... as belief like yours , overrules reality ....in your mind. Actuality is never accepted by the eaters of fruit from a poisoned tree. The scientists agree with me , while you belt those with religious thinking. Go Figure...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you really leave reality,
Anyone can be forced to accept what you say under the threat of pain and death. And agree you are a god . Just please stop the torture.

People will agree to anything in the given .

NOPE your Pharaoh is still not a god and never will break free from the myth that he was.

Sucker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I command thousands of men , I do not try to lie to them on our reasons to achieve an end. Nor that they may die under my command.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery is a physical condition.
But that doesn't make it an object.

Just like "old" or "injured" are not objects.

You can't present me with a box of "injured".

You've jumped into the middle of a discussion about vocabulary by trying to assert politics.

No one here is arguing that slavery is good, or permissible, or that it never happened.

Go back a few posts and you'll find Dude's original response to whoever it was and you'll see what's really being discussed.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No I think this means we will never agree ,and you will never win.
Except that just a page or two ago I listed all my points and you conceded ALL of them.

We don't need to "agree". You've admitted that I am right and you are wrong. About EVERY single point I'm making.

If you want to continue to "disagree" with points you've already conceded, I can't change that. That's just you being childish.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Here is where you really leave reality,
Anyone can be forced to accept what you say under the threat of pain and death. And agree you are a god . Just please stop the torture.
I see the problem.

You have no idea what the word "believe" means.

Get a dictionary.

I'd advise you stop posting on an English based forum if English is not a language with which you are proficient.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I command thousands of men
Anyone can command any number of people.

What counts is whether or not they listen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Did you ask your mummy about it yet nuttin?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
But that doesn't make it an object.
Just like "old" or "injured" are not objects.
You can't present me with a box of "injured".
You've jumped into the middle of a discussion about vocabulary by trying to assert politics.
No one here is arguing that slavery is good, or permissible, or that it never happened.
Go back a few posts and you'll find Dude's original response to whoever it was and you'll see what's really being discussed.
No? Objectively, slavery IS an "entity". An entity IS an object....its essence exists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that just a page or two ago I listed all my points and you conceded ALL of them.
We don't need to "agree". You've admitted that I am right and you are wrong. About EVERY single point I'm making.
If you want to continue to "disagree" with points you've already conceded, I can't change that. That's just you being childish.
I never conceded to your insanity that Pharaohs were really gods.
I said I knew you worshiped them as "if" they were gods though.
You thinking they were didn't make them one either nugginson.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I never conceded to your insanity that Pharaohs were really gods.
I said I knew you worshiped them as "if" they were gods though.
You thinking they were didn't make them one either nugginson.
He may be an ass but he never said that he worshiped them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,621 - 4,640 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••