Aliens and evolution

Aliens and evolution

There are 6310 comments on the Washington Times story from Jun 19, 2012, titled Aliens and evolution. In it, Washington Times reports that:

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#4669 Dec 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What?
Homo floresiensis. The hobbit.

Valley Village, CA

#4670 Dec 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because you can't have slaves without slavery. If you don't think so ask a slave else you are saying can have the oceans without water.
You are missing the point.

An ocean exists whether or not people exist.
There were oceans during the time of the dinosaurs. There will likely be oceans once man is extinct.

An ocean is a thing.

Slavery is not a thing. It's a concept.

Slavery did not exist prior to people coming up with the idea. Slavery will not exist once people are extinct.

A slave is a thing.
Slavery is not.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4671 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
There were oceans during the time of the dinosaurs. There will likely be oceans once man is extinct.
An ocean is a thing.
Slavery did not exist prior to people coming up with the idea. Slavery will not exist once people are extinct.
A slave is a thing.
Slavery is not.
You can't have one without the other and that's my point.
NightSerf

Knoxville, TN

#4672 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin is too busy trying to score points to understand any.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4673 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Homo floresiensis. The hobbit.
lol

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4674 Dec 19, 2012
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nicely put, straight to the crux of the matter, as usual.
Shut the f*ck up you lying piece of sh*t who doesn't know what the burden of proof is.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4675 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
An ocean is a thing.
A slave is a thing.
Slavery is not.
You're so full of sh*t it's painful to watch you attempt to verbally wrangle your way out of your own faulty logic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4676 Dec 19, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut the f*ck up you lying piece of sh*t who doesn't know what the burden of proof is.
Hey Skip, projection much?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4677 Dec 19, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of sh*t it's painful to watch you attempt to verbally wrangle your way out of your own faulty logic.
Heh. You can't even do that. You just pop up and call people liars and other names.

Since you're in a DEBATE forum you WERE thinking about trying that sometime right?

Right?

Hellooooooooo?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4678 Dec 19, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to play good cop bad cop on me now.
You *did* notice EW has something like 11,000 posts, right? How much time do you think I have? I ain't Santa.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4679 Dec 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because you can't have slaves without slavery. If you don't think so ask a slave else you are saying can have the oceans without water.
Still not pictures of "slavery" the concept, you can't photograph concepts, only the effects they have. You still failed.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4680 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think the Jews worship Yahweh (or whatever name they use) out of fear? Read the first five books of the Old Testament.

I'd bet about half the gods were worshiped out of fear. A god of the harvest is worshiped to prevent starvation. That's fear.

Whether or not Ramses actually had powers (he didn't) doesn't matter. Thor doesn't have powers. Zeus doesn't have powers. Vishnu doesn't have powers. Jesus doesn't have powers. Yet they are ALL gods because they ALL fit the given criteria.

Ramses ALSO fits that criteria, therefore Ramses is a god. Just like Thor, Zeus and the rest.
Again, stay on topic. Ramses made himself a god. I don't need explanations of the rest.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#4681 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
As oppose to which other god?
Thor? Jesus? Zeus? Vishnu?
Name a single god who is more "real" than any other.
If that challenge looks familiar, it's because I've asked you to do it about 50x now. You've never even tried.
That's because you know that you can't.
They are all equal. They all fit the EXACT same criteria which is why the label applies.
You can propose to Ramses , but you will have to ask his mummy.

And.......Since he is already a mummy , you Nuggin will have to play daddy.

You will be the queen of polytheistic mythology!

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#4682 Dec 19, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You *did* notice EW has something like 11,000 posts, right? How much time do you think I have? I ain't Santa.
Really , rats and I had my list made out. lol

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4683 Dec 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Doesn't J.R.R.R.R Token know that hobbits aren't real? That delusional bastard.
:)

Location hidden

#4684 Dec 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
He would use the same argument about marriage, because it's a "relationship" that only exists in the minds of the two people involved.

Location hidden

#4685 Dec 19, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
An ocean is a thing.
A slave is a thing.
Slavery is not.
You have very obviously never been a sex slave.

Valley Village, CA

#4686 Dec 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have one without the other and that's my point.
That doesn't make them both objects.

You can't have wet without liquid, but wet isn't a thing, it's a condition.

You can not hold up a handful of wet.

You can't have democracy without voting. Voting isn't a thing, it's an action.

You can not display three votings on a table.

Slavery is not a thing. It's a description of a collection of actions and conditions.

Valley Village, CA

#4687 Dec 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You have very obviously never been a sex slave.
There isn't a sex slave in the world who can present us with a box of slavery.

Just like they can't present us with a box of "freedom" or of "satisfaction".

Slavery isn't a physical thing, it's a condition.

Valley Village, CA

#4688 Dec 19, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That's a perfect parody of Skippy...

Oh wait, that IS Skippy.

You now how they say you can't parody a Creationist because their behavior is too ridiculous to lampoon...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 7 min Shizle 43
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 17 min -Stray Dog 47,863
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min superwilly 247,611
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 59 min Thinking 12,828
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr peruzzi 24
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Thinking 2,357
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web