Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 219)

Showing posts 4,361 - 4,380 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and you have not the ability to distinguish a fallacious title , it is what is called a quantification fallacy.
You keep falling back on this idea that the title somehow doesn't count implying that some gods are "fake" and others by comparison aren't fake.

Yet, every time I ask you to present me with an example of a not "fake" god, you proclaim that they are all "fake".

So, by your own admission, they are ALL equal.

There can only be a "fake" something if there is a real something of which it is a inauthentic copy.

Claiming that something is fake when there's no real version is ridiculous.

Whatever version exists is the real version.

Further, you still don't grasp the concept of criteria.

Look, I'll make this simple for you. See if there's a grown up there that can help you.

Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character. He's a REAL cartoon character. He is not a REAL mouse.

A "fake" cartoon character would be "Michelle Moosehair" who I just made up. There are no drawings of her. There is no animation based on her. She hasn't appeared in any shows or movies or comic strips.

She is a fake cartoon character.
Mickey Mouse is a real cartoon character.

Thor is a god. He's a real god. There is/was a religion based around him.

Blipblop is a fake god. There is no religion based around him. He has no followers.

Why is it impossible for you to distinguish between Thor, a god belonging to the Norse Pantheon who had/has followers and worshipers and Blipblop, an utterly fictional character I just made up who has no worshipers?

It's PRETTY basic stuff here.

Why is this beyond you?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I think that I get it , thanks.
Yeah, it's not really that complicated.

Aura just can't grasp it because he/she refuses to admit that he/she was wrong all this time.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep falling back on this idea that the title somehow doesn't count implying that some gods are "fake" and others by comparison aren't fake.
Yet, every time I ask you to present me with an example of a not "fake" god, you proclaim that they are all "fake".
There can only be a "fake" something if there is a real something of which it is a inauthentic copy.
Claiming that something is fake when there's no real version is ridiculous.
Whatever version exists is the real version.
Further, you still don't grasp the concept of criteria.
Look, I'll make this simple for you. See if there's a grown up there that can help you.
Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character. He's a REAL cartoon character. He is not a REAL mouse.
A "fake" cartoon character would be "Michelle Moosehair" who I just made up. There are no drawings of her. There is no animation based on her. She hasn't appeared in any shows or movies or comic strips.
She is a fake cartoon character.
Mickey Mouse is a real cartoon character.
Thor is a god. He's a real god. There is/was a religion based around him.
Blipblop is a fake god. There is no religion based around him. He has no followers.
Why is it impossible for you to distinguish between Thor, a god belonging to the Norse Pantheon who had/has followers and worshipers and Blipblop, an utterly fictional character I just made up who has no worshipers?
It's PRETTY basic stuff here.
Why is this beyond you?
BS. All gods are fake.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's not really that complicated.
Aura just can't grasp it because he/she refuses to admit that he/she was wrong all this time.
You refuse to admit the entire concept of gods is imaginary.
The concept Pharaoh was a god lay in imagination and not in reality.
There does not have to be a real god to have hundreds of imaginary ones. So you think that you found a real imaginary god.
wow

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. All gods are fake.
Then that claim is meaningless.

They can't be "fake" if there are no "real" ones.

Thor is a real god. There is/was a religion around him.
Zeus is a real god. There is/was a religion around him.
Vishnu, Jesus, Coyote, Mithra -- all had religions.

83xkgmeus94 NOT a real god, just a random group of numbers and letters. No religion, no worshipers. Not real.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to admit the entire concept of gods is imaginary.
ALL titles are imaginary.

The concept of President is imaginary. The concept of Umpire is imaginary. King, Duke, M.C. ALL imaginary.

You think a "King" is _really_ a king because he has a special hat? Not. People BELIEVE that Henry is a king, therefore Henry is a king. Remove the people and Henry is not longer a king.
The concept Pharaoh was a god lay in imagination and not in reality.
As opposed to which other gods? You keep falling back to this "Pharaoh isn't as real as Jesus" argument.

If you are saying that Pharaoh is EXACTLY like Thor, then I win. Just admit you lost this months ago and we can move on.
There does not have to be a real god to have hundreds of imaginary ones. So you think that you found a real imaginary god.
wow
Ramses was not imaginary. He was a real person who was really alive in Egypt which was and still is a REAL place.

THAT is the point. This guy ACTUALLY existed. AND he held the rank of god.

Henry ACTUALLY existed AND he held the rank of king.

Arthur DIDN'T actually exist AND was a king.

So HENRY is REAL and Arthur is IMAGINARY. Both are kings.

Ramses is REAL and Thor is IMAGINARY. Both are gods.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>Then that claim is meaningless.

They can't be "fake" if there are no "real" ones.

Thor is a real god. There is/was a religion around him.
Zeus is a real god. There is/was a religion around him.
Vishnu, Jesus, Coyote, Mithra -- all had religions.

83xkgmeus94 NOT a real god, just a random group of numbers and letters. No religion, no worshipers. Not real.
Un-freaking-believable.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Un-freaking-believable.
If they were unbelievable then there wouldn't have been any religions in the first place.

Obviously some people believe in these things, hence the criteria of "People _BELIEVE_ this".

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>If they were unbelievable then there wouldn't have been any religions in the first place.

Obviously some people believe in these things, hence the criteria of "People _BELIEVE_ this".
I was talking about you.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about you.
Then be specific.

Do you think it's unbelievable that the dictionary defines words?
Do you think that I am misquoting the dictionary?
Do you think that I'm lying when I say that Thor was a god?

Or are you just incapable of engaging in a rational debate so you lob in useless comments from the bleachers and pretend like you're having input?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were unbelievable then there wouldn't have been any religions in the first place.
You being at the top of that list.

Sucker

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then be specific.
Do you think it's unbelievable that the dictionary defines words?
Do you think that I am misquoting the dictionary?
Do you think that I'm lying when I say that Thor was a god?
Or are you just incapable of engaging in a rational debate so you lob in useless comments from the bleachers and pretend like you're having input?
Actually, which dictionary you quote from can make a difference in accuracy.
Phaed

Carencro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Study Biblical History and you will find that it already has been done;and,not just casual contact but actual copulation with off spring.
hmmm artificial insemination is more applicable
Phaed

Carencro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You just made that up. Admit it...

There's no such thing as biblical history, just History mate.

And throughout History there's never been even a single piece of evidence for aliens or your imaginary god of the human written bible.

What will your next lie be I wonder?
actually the bible is loaded w/ accounts..Ezekiel and Daniel both describe what they saw but if you don't take a moment to visualize what the scriptures say..you won't know! Daniel 7:9 Daniel 7:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 “As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
The Ancient of Days throne was flaming with fire and wheels on fire? What on Earth is that throne is what U should ask yourself!!
Phaed

Carencro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered the monuments throughout the world?The archaeological evidence?Do you honestly believe that we are alone in the Universe?
They built those pyramids..a feat mankind still can't duplicate and "if" they could mankind would've done it by now..the 4 faces on Mount Rushmore is kindergarten compared to The Sphinx/Pyramid!! The stones weigh 100's of tons apiece..mankind don't hv equipment capable of doing that and further pushing the envelop is how high they built these megalithic monuments

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the issue is whether the term 'god' is a title, as you claim, or an attribute. if the latter, people can be mistaken in their belief that Koresh, for example, was a god. Even if nothing even actually has the attribute, it makes sense to consider the attribute in the abstract.

My view is that 'god' is an attribute and NOT a title. So Koresh was NOT a god even though his followers believed he was.
Even if nothing has the attribute of being a 'god', it still makes sense to ask if someone or something has that attribute.
I disagree. I can talk about unicorns as being horses with a single horn on their head. Even if there are no unicorns, I can claim that a horse with a fake horn attached is a fake unicorn.

In the case of 'gods', one attribute is having supernatural powers. Even if nothing actually has such powers, it can make sense to *ask* if something has such powers. And people can be mistaken about whether something has such powers. So, even if there are no gods, the term 'god' is not a title, but an attribute and people can be wrong in their beliefs that something is a god.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Phaed wrote:
<quoted text>
actually the bible is loaded w/ accounts..Ezekiel and Daniel both describe what they saw but if you don't take a moment to visualize what the scriptures say..you won't know! Daniel 7:9 Daniel 7:9
9 “As I looked,
“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.
The Ancient of Days throne was flaming with fire and wheels on fire? What on Earth is that throne is what U should ask yourself!!
Another von Dniken fan?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Phaed wrote:
<quoted text>
They built those pyramids..a feat mankind still can't duplicate and "if" they could mankind would've done it by now..the 4 faces on Mount Rushmore is kindergarten compared to The Sphinx/Pyramid!! The stones weigh 100's of tons apiece..mankind don't hv equipment capable of doing that and further pushing the envelop is how high they built these megalithic monuments
Nonsense. We certain can build them. We just have no reason to do so (since we already have some) and no one is willing to fund such a project.
Phaed

Carencro, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Sounds like more than one person is involved in creation too me..GOD said let US make mankind in OUR image..in the Tanakh or original Hebrew bible the word Elohim (which means a group combined of GOD/Angels) is in the place where God has bn put in the bible thru years and years of translation..like anything authentic once U start translating it there's a possibility that true meanings were lost

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Phaed wrote:
<quoted text>
They built those pyramids..a feat mankind still can't duplicate and "if" they could mankind would've done it by now..
The Luxor is exactly the same size at the great pyramid AND has plumbing.

There's no reason to build an additional giant pile of stones someplace else. It's not that we _can't_, it's that "who gives a crap".

The Sphinx is a sculpture. There are MILLIONS of sculptures with more detail, made of harder materials, etc.

The reason the Sphinx is impressive is that it is old, not that it's hard to create.
The stones weigh 100's of tons apiece..mankind don't hv equipment capable of doing that and further pushing the envelop is how high they built these megalithic monuments
First of all, the average weight of the stones in the pyramid was 2.5 tons, not 100 tons.

Second, you RADICALLY underestimate the ability of a large number of people to get stuff done.

Third, the pyramids demonstrate a clear learning process as the first ones often contain errors that caused them to be changed halfway through building.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,361 - 4,380 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••