Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
4,241 - 4,260 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies.
So, you HAVEN'T changed your position on C14? Great. Does that mean you STILL believe it's fake or does that mean you've admitted you were wrong to claim it was fake in the first place?

It's hard to keep up when you switch places so often.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Find me someone intelligent with which to discuss this and I will.
Unfortunately, I'm having this conversation with you.
Yeah, you have something stuck in your buttox, I have pointed out a few of the times you were correct to others, even gave you easy ways to demonstrate you were correct, and now you turn on me just because I pointed out that you can be, and are, wrong sometimes, just like everyone? You need to have yourself diagnosed for autism or aspbergers.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not about to dig back through 10,000 posts, but as I recall the argument went something like this:
Nuggin: "Here is the dictionary definition of god. Here is what a Pharaoh is. Pharaoh fits every point in the definition of god, therefore Pharaoh is a god."
You/Aura: "No, Pharaohs don't count. They aren't _real_ gods."
Nuggin: "As opposed to?"
You/Aura: "Pharaohs are fake."
Nuggin: "As opposed to?"
You/Aura: "They aren't real."
Nuggin: "Not real the way Jesus is real? You guys are Creationists."
You/Aura: "Unfair! We never said that!"
You're right of course, you never actually came right out and said it. However, continuing to claim that certains gods are not "real" implies the belief that OTHER gods (read: Jesus) are _real_.
Otherwise there would be NO POINT in drawing the distinction.
You forgot the qualifier " believed to be".
You see it doesn't make a lick of sense without the qualifier.

Of you would be saying "Pharaoh is god".

Which we would say " Or so ,(you) believe "

In which case no one believes , but you can can say
"it was believed" Past tense. No one believes (you)
"present tense". No one worships pharaoh , except "you" that is.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you HAVEN'T changed your position on C14? Great. Does that mean you STILL believe it's fake or does that mean you've admitted you were wrong to claim it was fake in the first place?
It's hard to keep up when you switch places so often.
More lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Oh pharaoh is only a god to those who believe he is a god. My point is pharaoh better bring gold because being a paytheist requires payment to believe.

Send cash check m/o gold silver guns drugs or real estate deeds , I also accept bearer bonds , automobiles , boats , your slavery and diamonds.
To AuraMytha@Ibelieveyouagodyasuc ker.com
I'll let you know in my prayers how things are turning out.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot state your opinion properly, you are the idiot, Nano. And you stupidly claimed that Drake's equations needed factors that subtracted from it. That comment demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about and quite clearly don't understand how math works in this equation. Then you pull up an article that critiques the Drake equation because we have more information about variable rates of star production and so on - all of these things could be added into the equation by complicating the factor in question.
But you're too dumb too realize that.
Kiss my lily pink butt...

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/

...you stupid hebitch.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you have something stuck in your buttox, I have pointed out a few of the times you were correct to others, even gave you easy ways to demonstrate you were correct, and now you turn on me just because I pointed out that you can be, and are, wrong sometimes, just like everyone? You need to have yourself diagnosed for autism or aspbergers.
Actually, you insulted me because I pointed out that all the planets in our solar system contain materials which were (SHOCKER!) present in our early solar system.

Declaring that the Moon shouldn't be counted as a celestial body simply because it contains materials which were previously in a different celestial body is RIDICULOUS.

Most (if not ALL) the matter in our entire solar system was previously part of some other celestial body. Very likely all of it from the SAME celestial body.

Of course you don't agree with this, therefore you insult my intelligence and claim I'm wrong.

Then you whine when I give you back what you give.

Are you sure you're not a Skippy sockpuppet?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
Oh pharaoh is only a god to those who believe he is a god.
... As opposed to?...

You see, you keep making the SAME point. And I keep asking the SAME question.

And you CAN'T answer it.

You are trying to draw a distinction between two sets but you simultaneously claim that only one of the set contains anything and that that set is the "fake" set.

It's ridiculous.

If you want to label something fake, then give me an example of a not fake version. If you believe that ALL versions are "fake", then the work fake DOES NOT APPLY.

This is like me saying that "4" is a fake number. And then stating that all other numbers both real and unreal, rational and irrational, positive and negative are also "fake numbers" because none of them have what it takes to be a "real" number.

You read that statement and conclude it's ridiculous. Yet it's the EXACT argument you've been making.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are not from the moon, it's THAT simple.
You can keep repeating your point: "The moon is near the Earth therefore it is the Earth."
It's a BAD point.
You poor thang, it must be terrible to not be able to read. I am gonna hep you out a bit here, in plain English I wrote "Our moon, it's that simple ".

I did not write ""The moon is near the Earth therefore it is the Earth."

You wrote that, and you are right, it is a bad point, you shouldn't have made it.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You poor thang, it must be terrible to not be able to read. I am gonna hep you out a bit here, in plain English I wrote "Our moon, it's that simple ".
I did not write ""The moon is near the Earth therefore it is the Earth."
You wrote that, and you are right, it is a bad point, you shouldn't have made it.
The discussion at hand is, and has been since page 4, "Are humans to be considered aliens on the moon?"

Your input is: "It's Earth's Moon."

Either you are making a statement which is completely unrelated to the actual discussion much like a retarded kid at the back of the bus who keeps shouting "Buses is yellow!"
-or-
You are trying to participate in the discussion by taking a position that since the Moon orbits the Earth, then humans should be considered to be from the moon.

I was giving you enough credit to be on topic while still observing that your point is stupid.

Perhaps I gave you too much credit.

Yes, Wally. "Buses is yellow". Now put the gag back in and stfu.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>The discussion at hand is, and has been since page 4, "Are humans to be considered aliens on the moon?"
Depends on how you define "alien" --
1: a person of another family, race, or nation
2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen
3: extraterrestrial
4: exotic
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Both 2 and 3 would apply in this case.
Humans would be "foreign born" to the moon and/or a subject of a foreign country (in the case of our astronauts, the US).
Only if you consider the Moon a country.
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
They would also be "extraterrestrial" to the moon.
I acknowledge that the ROOT for "extraterrestrial" implies Terra (ie Earth), so that anything FROM Earth wouldn't be "extraterrestrial" no matter where it is in terms of ROOT definitions. However, we don't currently have a better word to mean the same thing aside from "alien" which is the term we are discussing.
Only if you make up your own definition for "terrestrial".
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You could make the argument that #4 also applies since any human on the moon would naturally be "exotic" since there aren't many up there, but that usage of the word is so broad as to include virtually anything.
Actually this is the only definition of "alien" that could apply, and even then only if you use the definition of "exotic" to mean "introduced from another country : not native to the place where found."

And you've spent how many pages discussing this? Whoever first claimed that humans were "aliens" was definitely stretching things more than a little.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
... As opposed to?...
You see, you keep making the SAME point. And I keep asking the SAME question.
And you CAN'T answer it.
You are trying to draw a distinction between two sets but you simultaneously claim that only one of the set contains anything and that that set is the "fake" set.
It's ridiculous.
If you want to label something fake, then give me an example of a not fake version. If you believe that ALL versions are "fake", then the work fake DOES NOT APPLY.
This is like me saying that "4" is a fake number. And then stating that all other numbers both real and unreal, rational and irrational, positive and negative are also "fake numbers" because none of them have what it takes to be a "real" number.
You read that statement and conclude it's ridiculous. Yet it's the EXACT argument you've been making.
Take the same situation and let's talk about Hirohito who was revered as a man god ,
but General Douglas MacArthur put that to the grinding stone .
As would any 21 century man be able to annihilate the ancient Egyptians belief.

In short the god status is in the eye of the beholder, not in reality.

Now to be fair yes Pharaoh was a god,
but only to his brainwashed cult of idiots who believed it.

That title does not apply to me no matter how much you would want it too. Just as any man who claims to be god
in the 21st century is going to get hysterical laughter. Just as your giving Pharaoh the title god is hysterically funny.
You have to use the modifier "was believed to be" specifically because the title does not apply
to you or anyone with a lick of sense.

The Pharaoh was no more a god than Hirohito. Indeed to call Pharaoh a god requires a big explanation.
So start explaining why Pharaoh is your god. I'll explain why Hirohito was forced to admit
he was not a god. Because like the Pharaoh , Hirohito and Ramses both
"neither of them were ever gods"
This has nothing to do with the rationality of the number 4.
This has everything to do with your saying the number 4 is a special number because today you say it is a divine
and descendant of sun gods or goddesses.

Did you know Saddam tried to pull that crap too , saying he was the reincarnation of Nebuchadnezzar and a god.
Yep you see what it got him , do you think the Iraqis believed he was a special number 4?
After putting the noose around his neck his god status dwindled quickly and so would Pharaohs in this reality of real world physics where we put your god to the acid test.

So the answer is....

... As opposed to?...

The fact Pharaoh was a god IS >>>>as opposed ..to the reality<<<<<
"that he was not a god".

And you can quote me on that.

http://paranormal.about.com/cs/humanenigmas/a...

http://www.kirainet.com/english/humanity-decl...

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion at hand is, and has been since page 4, "Are humans to be considered aliens on the moon?"
Your input is: "It's Earth's Moon."
Either you are making a statement which is completely unrelated to the actual discussion much like a retarded kid at the back of the bus who keeps shouting "Buses is yellow!"
-or-
You are trying to participate in the discussion by taking a position that since the Moon orbits the Earth, then humans should be considered to be from the moon.
I was giving you enough credit to be on topic while still observing that your point is stupid.
Perhaps I gave you too much credit.
Yes, Wally. "Buses is yellow". Now put the gag back in and stfu.
Ok, since you can make any jump except this tiny, tiny one >>>> It's Earth's Moon, as in our moon. We are earthlings and we are not alien to our own moon.

Now let's see if you can limit your jumps to only what I have written.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
1: a person of another family, race, or nation
2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen

Only if you consider the Moon a country.
Actually, the moon doesn't need to be a country. Re-read the above. The person is an "alien" if they are FROM a a foreign country.

Someone from the country of Spain would be outside of Spain if they were on the moon and therefore would be alien. It doesn't matter that the moon is not itself a country.

All people are "alien" to Antarctica despite the fact that it is on Earth because none of them are from there despite the fact that it is not a country either.
Only if you make up your own definition for "terrestrial".
Terrestrial gets its root from "Terra" the name of our planet.
Whoever first claimed that humans were "aliens" was definitely stretching things more than a little.
Yes, it was a humorous quip that "NASA had broadcast images of aliens landing on the moon."

MANY people understood the joke right away.

Skippy reacted VIOLENTLY to the claim and decided that everyone was lying.

When it was explained to him, rather than acknowledge what was meant by the phrase, he stuck to his guns proclaiming that we were making it all up.

He's had HUNDREDS of pages and nearly a year to admit he jumped to the wrong conclusion and reacted poorly.

He's decided not to do that.

One can only conclude that he honestly believes the moon landing was faked.

Add that to his subsequent claims about lizards being imaginary, Egypt not existing and C-14 dating being fraudulent and you're left with a pretty clear picture of a lunatic. Pun heavily intended.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Sheesh. I can't believe so much time and energy has been wasted on the question of whether we are 'aliens' when we visit the moon. Really, who cares? It's a matter of definition.

For example, when India was a part of the English empire, would someone from India have been considered an alien in London? Yes, No, who cares?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, since you can make any jump except this tiny, tiny one >>>> It's Earth's Moon, as in our moon. We are earthlings and we are not alien to our own moon.
Now let's see if you can limit your jumps to only what I have written.
Someone from Mexico is alien in Canada.
Why?

Because they are NOT from Canada. They are FROM Mexico.

Someone FROM Canada is alien on the moon.
Why?

Because they are NOT from the moon. They are FROM Canada.

The Moon is NOT a part of the Earth. It is an entirely separate body in outer space.

Being FROM the Earth does not make you FROM the moon. The moon is a different place.

YEs, the moon is "close" to the Earth. It's not close enough to BE the Earth.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the same situation and let's talk about Hirohito who was revered as a man god ,
but General Douglas MacArthur put that to the grinding stone .
As would any 21 century man be able to annihilate the ancient Egyptians belief.
In short the god status is in the eye of the beholder, not in reality.
Now to be fair yes Pharaoh was a god,
Thank you.

I stopped reading here.

I accept your surrender and your apology.

I'm glad to see that reason has finally won out over your stubbornness.

For the record, this is the THIRD time you've conceded this debate. Please make a note for yourself so you don't go back on it again and force me to crush you a fourth time.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
Sheesh. I can't believe so much time and energy has been wasted on the question of whether we are 'aliens' when we visit the moon. Really, who cares? It's a matter of definition.
For example, when India was a part of the English empire, would someone from India have been considered an alien in London? Yes, No, who cares?
Well Poly, it comes down to this:

Skippy has posted well over 400 posts calling me a liar because I refuse to accept his claim that the moon landings were faked by NASA.

In fact, he started an ENTIRELY NEW thread just to keep insulting me.

So, to the question of "who cares?" I would say: "Anyone who respects the truth and rejects ignorant bullies."

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone from Mexico is alien in Canada.
Why?
Because they are NOT from Canada. They are FROM Mexico.
Someone FROM Canada is alien on the moon.
Why?
Because they are NOT from the moon. They are FROM Canada.
The Moon is NOT a part of the Earth. It is an entirely separate body in outer space.
Being FROM the Earth does not make you FROM the moon. The moon is a different place.
YEs, the moon is "close" to the Earth. It's not close enough to BE the Earth.
By your reckoning some one from Hawaii, could not be from the USA because they are not close enough. Are your Canadian, Mexican examples not earthlings? Has the moon been divided into countries, continents, states or cities yet?

BTW- you are jumping again, I did not say the moon was the Earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
Once we were , that time has passed.
Much the same as belief there are gods of men.

There are no gods of men.

Only exceptional leaders of men who fulfill the role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 10 min Richardfs 200
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Buck Crick 224,109
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 43 min DonPanic 1,286
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 53 min MUQ1 21,386
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 17 hr religionisillness 834
•••
•••