Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 212)

Showing posts 4,221 - 4,240 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm, what? I don't study much cosmology yet even I know you are really not up to date on the information. The moon that orbits our Earth, still a funny name for a planet, was part of Earth ejected from the planet by a collision with another planet. I forget the name, but there are tons of documents, evidence, all sorts of things that explain this. It's not a big secret. Not to mention, I didn't say we are not alien to the moon orbiting us, but that the moon is native to our planet as well. Stop twisting words to use as weapons, it's a sign of desperation.
Yes, however all the matter which is in the Earth was ejected during a supernova from whatever you want to same the star which predates Sol. Also ejected at the same time was all the matter which coalesced to form Venus, Mars, Mercury, etc etc etc.

So, it's all coming from the same place.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Our moon, it's that simple
Humans are NOT from the moon. It doesn't matter that the moon orbits the Earth, we didn't evolve there. We don't live there.

If you visit the moon, you are alien to the moon.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the world a favour and shut the f*ck up you rambling, lying sack of sh*t troll.
Yawn.

Skippy, I've demonstrated your lies time and time again. Your response to the evidence is simply to say "No, you're a liar!"

It's BORING.

On Page 4 you made it clear that you believed that the NASA moon landing was a hoax.

You have YET to retract that statement and admit your error.

10,000 posts claiming you never said it won't make page 4 go away.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When he loses arguments he accuses you of stuff like denying the moon landings, denying that egypt exists, or in the case of Aura Mythra and others, Nuggin simples calls them a YEC.
Actually, I don't "accuse" anyone. I pointed out that you said all those things. YOU, not someone else.

As for Aura, he/she was clearly trying to make the argument that Jesus is the only real God and that all other gods are fake. That's a position you expect from a YEC.

Much like your position that C-14 dating is fake. Also something we expect from YECs.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Me ... me ... me ... according to Nuggins I'm a YEC too! Figure that one out.
Hey, if you're arguing that Jesus/Yahweh is a real god and that other gods don't count because they aren't Jesus/Yahweh, I'm going to call it as I see it.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
He called me a godbot, go figure!
You called me one first.
I posted about how C-14 dating is verified and proven accurate.
You claimed I was a godbot for _DEFENDING_ C-14 dating.

You don't get to complain when I hit you back with the same label for claiming C-14 is fake.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
Skippy, I've demonstrated your lies time and time again. Your response to the evidence is simply to say "No, you're a liar!"
It's BORING.
On Page 4 you made it clear that you believed that the NASA moon landing was a hoax.
You have YET to retract that statement and admit your error.
10,000 posts claiming you never said it won't make page 4 go away.
"It's BORING.", yep you are.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if you're arguing that Jesus/Yahweh is a real god and that other gods don't count because they aren't Jesus/Yahweh, I'm going to call it as I see it.
Never was my argument nor anything a reasonable person could infer from anything I have ever posted.

Just your lame strawman fallacy imagination in overdrive.... well either that or a basic inability at reading comprehension, I never have figured out which. But since you've done it repeatedly, I'm inclined to think it is purposeful.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was life on Mars, it was during the time when there was open water, which was billions of years ago. At most bacterial life at that point and probably hard to find the fossils of.
My bets are more for Europa and Titian. Titian is interesting because it has a lot of organic compounds in its atmosphere, but the biology would have to be ammonia based rather than water based. Is that even possible? Who knows.
Europa has the energy source (from tidal action) and the water and perhaps the organics. Maybe?
I know, but I keep hoping we'll find evidence that life is ubiquitous and will arise everywhere the conditions allow. Right now Mars and Curiosity are our best tool for this exploration.

In the '70s I was also a card-carrying member of the L5 Society, so I've always been a bit of a futurists dreamer.

'Home, home on Lagrange
Where the space debris always collects.
We possess so it seems
Two of life's greatest dreams
Solar power and zero-G sex'

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are NOT from the moon. It doesn't matter that the moon orbits the Earth, we didn't evolve there. We don't live there.
So which definition for "alien" are you using -

1: a person of another family, race, or nation

2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen

3: extraterrestrial

4: exotic

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, however all the matter which is in the Earth was ejected during a supernova from whatever you want to same the star which predates Sol. Also ejected at the same time was all the matter which coalesced to form Venus, Mars, Mercury, etc etc etc.
So, it's all coming from the same place.
Oh wow, you can follow a logical train, but you cannot come to a very coherent logical conclusion, sadly. I don't know what stick is shoved up your buttox but you should remove it when you want to discuss things with intelligent people so you don't type stuff that contains such poor grammar so often. You have been correct on some things, but others you are clearly not well studied in, others are, learn how to learn.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Titan is also of keen interest, but it's not as close, so it's much harder to research.
I'm still expecting Curiosity to find signs of life. I'm looking forward to watching the mad scramble to redefine the god of the gaps.
LOL! That scramble will only come after several decades of ignoring the actual proof. Pretense is after all, the most often deployed tool in their arsenal kits.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Our moon, it's that simple

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's BORING.", yep you are.
Wow! What an amazing come back! Jumping to Skippy's defense again, I see.

Does that mean you've reversed your opinion on C-14 AGAIN?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
Dang it: Titan, not Titian

How do you titillate an ocelot?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Our moon, it's that simple
Humans are not from the moon, it's THAT simple.

You can keep repeating your point: "The moon is near the Earth therefore it is the Earth."

It's a BAD point.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was my argument nor anything a reasonable person could infer from anything I have ever posted.
I'm not about to dig back through 10,000 posts, but as I recall the argument went something like this:

Nuggin: "Here is the dictionary definition of god. Here is what a Pharaoh is. Pharaoh fits every point in the definition of god, therefore Pharaoh is a god."

You/Aura: "No, Pharaohs don't count. They aren't _real_ gods."

Nuggin: "As opposed to?"

You/Aura: "Pharaohs are fake."

Nuggin: "As opposed to?"

You/Aura: "They aren't real."

Nuggin: "Not real the way Jesus is real? You guys are Creationists."

You/Aura: "Unfair! We never said that!"

You're right of course, you never actually came right out and said it. However, continuing to claim that certains gods are not "real" implies the belief that OTHER gods (read: Jesus) are _real_.

Otherwise there would be NO POINT in drawing the distinction.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What an amazing come back! Jumping to Skippy's defense again, I see.
Does that mean you've reversed your opinion on C-14 AGAIN?
More lies.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
So which definition for "alien" are you using -
1: a person of another family, race, or nation
2: a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a subject or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen
3: extraterrestrial
4: exotic
Both 2 and 3 would apply in this case.

Humans would be "foreign born" to the moon and/or a subject of a foreign country (in the case of our astronauts, the US).

They would also be "extraterrestrial" to the moon.

I acknowledge that the ROOT for "extraterrestrial" implies Terra (ie Earth), so that anything FROM Earth wouldn't be "extraterrestrial" no matter where it is in terms of ROOT definitions. However, we don't currently have a better word to mean the same thing aside from "alien" which is the term we are discussing.

You could make the argument that #4 also applies since any human on the moon would naturally be "exotic" since there aren't many up there, but that usage of the word is so broad as to include virtually anything.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
I don't know what stick is shoved up your buttox but you should remove it when you want to discuss things with intelligent people
Find me someone intelligent with which to discuss this and I will.

Unfortunately, I'm having this conversation with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,221 - 4,240 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••