Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4240 Dec 5, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>.... and they are all, your socks.
Nuggin is a long timer and well known to the rest of us long-timers. He doesn't do socks.
<quoted text>We are not alien to our own moon.
Okay, when a non-creo says something worthy of FSTDT then I start to worry...
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought, you are just another lying godbot. You can't cite the story because you made it up.
Nuggin is a long timer and well known to the rest of us long-timers. He's not a fundie.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really pity this nuggin godbot fellow.
Skippy, you KNOW he's not a godbot. You're just upset because you made yourself look stupid.

Oh and uh, by the way, I see you keep avoiding actually participating in any sort of debate. Good job all these other folks are around here to cover for you, eh?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That was true up until the USA flag was planted firmly in lunar soil.
Now the moon belongs to America , as ridiculous as you are there is logic to this ridiculous premise.
Um, no.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4241 Dec 5, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is that because the Moon is near the Earth, humans are from the moon.
That is a ridiculous argument.
India is near Australia. Kangaroos are not from Indian.
Kangaroos are native to Australian. They are foreign to India. If you found a kangaroo in India it would be an "alien species" to India.
Humans on the moon would be ALIEN to the moon as they are not FROM the moon.
No that is not my arguement. Maybe you should again re-read what I actually wrote.

Earth,TX

#4242 Dec 5, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is that because the Moon is near the Earth, humans are from the moon.
That is a ridiculous argument.
India is near Australia. Kangaroos are not from Indian.
Kangaroos are native to Australian. They are foreign to India. If you found a kangaroo in India it would be an "alien species" to India.
Humans on the moon would be ALIEN to the moon as they are not FROM the moon.
Damn, you are an idiot. This is what I wrote >>> "We are not alien to our own moon."
"My contention? Earth's moon, Dipshit, as in not belonging to Mars, Pluto, Jupiter, etc.<<<<.

Show me these words in my postings, >>>> Your argument is that because the Moon is near the Earth, humans are from the moon. <<< other than right here.

Since you are insistent on repeatedly doing this, let's just start referring to you, as a liar. It makes more sense than to refute every single sentence you write by reposting what I actually wrote, and pointing out that the words you claim in my posts, simply aren't there.

Earth,TX

#4243 Dec 5, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That was true up until the USA flag was planted firmly in lunar soil.
Now the moon belongs to America , as ridiculous as you are there is logic to this ridiculous premise.
It is Earth's moon.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4244 Dec 5, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuggin is a long timer and well known to the rest of us long-timers. He doesn't do socks.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nuggin is a long timer and well known to the rest of us long-timers. He's not a fundie.
<quoted text>
Skippy, you KNOW he's not a godbot. You're just upset because you made yourself look stupid.
Oh and uh, by the way, I see you keep avoiding actually participating in any sort of debate. Good job all these other folks are around here to cover for you, eh?
<quoted text>
Um, no.

Of course you being from the UK will disagree with anything American. Run along now it's tea time and your Queen will spank you
if you are late.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22504-h...

When it happens it will be more than internet pwnage.
But the Russians will be sharing this endeavor , so we might have to give them half the moon.

Earth,TX

#4245 Dec 5, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Um, no.
Next you will tell us, he is not a duck. Well OK, can we convince him to quit waddling and quacking?

Location hidden

#4246 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>It is Earth's moon.
People own pieces of Earth no?
Soon people will own pieces of the moon.
You see the thing is if you can go there , who is going to stop you from laying claim?
There are even private organizations led by American entrepreneurs with designs on mining the moon without help from NASA.
This is what the future is going to bring , and like all things those that get there first will have the rights, and ownership.
Machines are being designed now to do these things^^

http://www.ted.com/talks/bill_stone_explores_...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4247 Dec 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you being from the UK will disagree with anything American. Run along now it's tea time and your Queen will spank you
if you are late.
Oh man, keep poking fun of my heritage and you're gonna hurt my feelings!

But I don't disagree with everything American. But even around these forums it's easy enough to find Americans disagreeing with stuff that's American.
Aura Mytha wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/ar ticle/dn22504-hovering-moon-ba se-may-be-on-nasas-horizon.htm l
When it happens it will be more than internet pwnage.
But the Russians will be sharing this endeavor , so we might have to give them half the moon.
So we agree that this link does not support the contention that humans are native to the moon? Good. Then we agree that humans are alien to the moon. Of course this is all somewhat tangential to the original point of Skippy's utterly wrongily wrong wrongness.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4248 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>Next you will tell us, he is not a duck. Well OK, can we convince him to quit waddling and quacking?
Sure, probably. Once Skip owns up to where he went wrong. But he'd much rather prefer to throw ad-homs from the sidelines and let you guys do all his arguing for him while letting you think that Nuggin's a fundie creationist, despite the fact that he knows otherwise.

In other words you jumped in half-way through a debate and let Skippy take advantage of that.

Location hidden

#4249 Dec 6, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man, keep poking fun of my heritage and you're gonna hurt my feelings!
But I don't disagree with everything American. But even around these forums it's easy enough to find Americans disagreeing with stuff that's American.
<quoted text>
So we agree that this link does not support the contention that humans are native to the moon? Good. Then we agree that humans are alien to the moon. Of course this is all somewhat tangential to the original point of Skippy's utterly wrongily wrong wrongness.
All moon children are carefully hidden in the back side of trousers. What did yo pay the money to see it or what?

Earth,TX

#4250 Dec 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You see the thing is if you can go there , who is going to stop you from laying claim?
There are even private organizations led by American entrepreneurs with designs on mining the moon without help from NASA.
This is what the future is going to bring , and like all things those that get there first will have the rights, and ownership.
Oh yes, it will be parceled out by the first to grab it, to anyone who can pay the asking price. But until then, and even afterwards it is Earth's moon.

Location hidden

#4251 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>Oh yes, it will be parceled out by the first to grab it, to anyone who can pay the asking price. But until then, and even afterwards it is Earth's moon.
So do you say its earths house you bought and paid for?

Earth,TX

#4252 Dec 6, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, probably. Once Skip owns up to where he went wrong. But he'd much rather prefer to throw ad-homs from the sidelines and let you guys do all his arguing for him while letting you think that Nuggin's a fundie creationist, despite the fact that he knows otherwise.
In other words you jumped in half-way through a debate and let Skippy take advantage of that.
Are you under the impression, that I am referring to some moon other than the one we know as Earth's?
I'm not, this is about that one particular moon.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4253 Dec 6, 2012
Alright you lunartics, you're both wrong.

Technically you have to be born on a planet to not be an alien, you have to be born in the same country in order to not be considered an alien there, so we are technically aliens to the moon. However, since the matter that makes up the moon was actually once part of Earth, that makes our moon a child of Earth. So really, it's not alien to Earth.

Now if we lived on the moon, and there were people who were citizens, they'd be natives if they were born there, naturalized if they were not but are citizens there.

Okay, mindless annoyance out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled mockeries.

Earth,TX

#4254 Dec 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you say its earths house you bought and paid for?
No I did not say that. I agreed with you that it would be bought and sold, and not once did I claim to own the earth or the moon, nor did I call it a house.

Whether you know it or not, there are several planets with their own moons, and the earth is one of them. I am so not used to you being space cadet material, have you become possessed by someone or something that is less than cognizant?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4255 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>Are you under the impression, that I am referring to some moon other than the one we know as Earth's?
I'm not, this is about that one particular moon.
I only know of just the one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4256 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Alright you lunartics, you're both wrong.
Technically you have to be born on a planet to not be an alien, you have to be born in the same country in order to not be considered an alien there, so we are technically aliens to the moon. However, since the matter that makes up the moon was actually once part of Earth, that makes our moon a child of Earth. So really, it's not alien to Earth.
Not to Earth, but humans are still alien to it, what with us developing on Earth and not the moon due to the completely different environments.
KittenKoder wrote:
Now if we lived on the moon, and there were people who were citizens, they'd be natives if they were born there, naturalized if they were not but are citizens there.
And even then a case could be made that Lunar 'natives' are still alien, as they are living in bio-domes replicating an Earth-like environment. Hence the moon's native environment (or perhaps lack of same) is still "alien" to humans. At least until we're able to terraform it, presuming that's even possible on the moon. Mars would probably be easier.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4257 Dec 6, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to Earth, but humans are still alien to it, what with us developing on Earth and not the moon due to the completely different environments.
<quoted text>
And even then a case could be made that Lunar 'natives' are still alien, as they are living in bio-domes replicating an Earth-like environment. Hence the moon's native environment (or perhaps lack of same) is still "alien" to humans. At least until we're able to terraform it, presuming that's even possible on the moon. Mars would probably be easier.
Ah, but by your definition of alien native Americans were alien to America, we're all aliens to our countries, except the Africans ... in Africa. If we roll back the clock far enough, we're all aliens to dry land as well. ;) See? That's why I chose the definition used by politics on this, which I don't normally prefer but in this case it works better.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#4258 Dec 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually International Space Law does not allow private ownership of the Moon, so it will take some new laws to open up the possibility of individual property rights.

But the idea that humans would be thought of as "aliens" when visiting their own moon is still arguable.

A short and somewhat incomplete overview -- " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Space_Trea... ;

Location hidden

#4259 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>No I did not say that. I agreed with you that it would be bought and sold, and not once did I claim to own the earth or the moon, nor did I call it a house.
Whether you know it or not, there are several planets with their own moons, and the earth is one of them. I am so not used to you being space cadet material, have you become possessed by someone or something that is less than cognizant?
I'll have you know I'm a space Captain , in charge of space cadets.

:o) heheheh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr P_Smith 1
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion 1 hr P_Smith 1
Siro is writing a new book 2 hr Siro 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 231,821
Reza Aslan: Sam Harris and "New Atheists" aren'... 4 hr P_Smith 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr thetruth 862
The Rapture of the Atheists (Nov '09) 5 hr thetruth 7,110

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE