Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments
4,081 - 4,100 of 6,103 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#4139 Nov 14, 2012
MikeF wrote:
Hey, Khatru! I think you will appreciate this:
http://www.wimp.com/solobass/
Hi guys

Double Fine was a bit sick with flu... But back now.

I see your Bass solo, and raise you another bass solo.

John Myung

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#4140 Nov 14, 2012
MikeF wrote:
Hey, Khatru! I think you will appreciate this:
http://www.wimp.com/solobass/
Nicely done

One of my favourite Beatles numbers, too.

Thanks for that, Mike!

Nottingham, UK

#4141 Nov 14, 2012
Two of my favourite bassists were Chris Squire (Yes) and Gary Thain (Uriah Heep).

Although Gary's been gone nearly 37 years now.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#4142 Nov 24, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
like I dunno its not Birth vs Death now,,Aleins are just Goverment Props,,,hoak?
rocket9244

La Vista, NE

#4143 Nov 27, 2012
I'm starting to believe that this "God" character was an alien.
they came to earth (verified by ancient paintings and writings) and by means of DNA, created "modern" humans.
there is the "missing link" that humans can't account for as where we evolved rapidly without explanation.
suppose for a minute, what if Aliens landed her, populated Earth and manipulated the "human" gene with their own DNA.
religion is based on nothing except some guy that was a faith healer. we have many faith healers today and they could be called "God,Jesus or any other religious figure.
fact is, there is more proof that aliens were involved with humans, then there is proof that some mythical thing called "God" was involved with humans and the planets.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#4144 Nov 27, 2012
rocket9244 wrote:
they came to earth (verified by ancient paintings and writings) and by means of DNA, created "modern" humans.
there is the "missing link" that humans can't account for as where we evolved rapidly without explanation.
suppose for a minute, what if Aliens landed her, populated Earth and manipulated the "human" gene with their own DNA.
religion is based on nothing except some guy that was a faith healer. we have many faith healers today and they could be called "God,Jesus or any other religious figure.
fact is, there is more proof that aliens were involved with humans, then there is proof that some mythical thing called "God" was involved with humans and the planets.
Nice fantasy, but no evidence to support your "belief".
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4145 Nov 27, 2012
rocket9244 wrote:
We still don't care about your goddamm aliens.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4146 Nov 27, 2012
Oh, and which numbnutz woke Skippy?

:-/

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4147 Nov 27, 2012
The Dude wrote:
Oh look, it's the proven retard who doesn't know what the burden of proof means, yet thinks he can argue back about it from ignorance.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4148 Nov 27, 2012
Where are they?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4149 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Those aren't theories, they're fantasies and delusions. The entire article is stupid and lame, it's based on apologetic stupidity and nonsense.
Also, UFO DOES NOT MEAN ALIEN. Morons need to learn what things mean.
UFO does mean Unidentified Flying Object;and,not Alien. I read the article in the "Washington Times." Kitten,much of the article does not contain 'theories.'These are "Facts" like it or not;and,not just based upon Biblical Texts but also upon scientific research.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4150 Nov 27, 2012
The Dude wrote:
Smebody must have something intelligent and the need to dumb things down became too much for Septic to resist.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Seffner, FL

#4151 Nov 28, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>UFO does mean Unidentified Flying Object;and,not Alien. I read the article in the "Washington Times." Kitten,much of the article does not contain 'theories.'These are "Facts" like it or not;and,not just based upon Biblical Texts but also upon scientific research.
I've just read it again and I see no reference to scientific research. Not to mention the editing done by Stein of Dawkins' interview.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4152 Nov 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, it's the proven retard who doesn't know what the burden of proof means, yet thinks he can argue back about it from ignorance.
Don't be so hard on yourself...

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#4153 Nov 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
35th time.

Skippy, please enlighten us. Tell us what you think "burden of proof" means and how it relates to your various assertions for which you've provided no proof.

Let me guess, not gonna happen. It's been nearly a year and still you've got not one shred of evidence to support any of your claims.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4154 Nov 28, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>UFO does mean Unidentified Flying Object;and,not Alien. I read the article in the "Washington Times." Kitten,much of the article does not contain 'theories.'These are "Facts" like it or not;and,not just based upon Biblical Texts but also upon scientific research.
If it's based on the bible, then it's not a fact, especially when dealing with matters of scientific inquiry. The bible is not fact, and hasn't proven to be.

Oh, ans a scientific theory is not the same as a conspiracy theory, scientific theories explain things, conspiracy theories are just fantasies.
dr of theology

Mount Prospect, IL

#4155 Nov 28, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
UFO's are sumerians from the tenth planet in our solar system.Their writings predate the bible by thousands of years.the bible coppied 99% of its stories from the sumerian writings.FYI.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4156 Nov 28, 2012
dr of theology wrote:
<quoted text>UFO's are sumerians from the tenth planet in our solar system.Their writings predate the bible by thousands of years.the bible coppied 99% of its stories from the sumerian writings.FYI.
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/17/K...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Seffner, FL

#4157 Nov 28, 2012
dr of theology wrote:
<quoted text>UFO's are sumerians from the tenth planet in our solar system.Their writings predate the bible by thousands of years.the bible coppied 99% of its stories from the sumerian writings.FYI.
Erich von Däniken? Is that you?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4158 Nov 28, 2012
dr of theology wrote:
I think Stephmar knew this .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr MUQ1 21,505
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,391
The Ultimate Evidence of God 4 hr CunningLinguist 65
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 10 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 11 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 12 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 13 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••