Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Comments (Page 186)

Showing posts 3,701 - 3,720 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>All that purity makes a girl curious.
How would you know, sir?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>HOld you down and you will show me resentment and relish? That is pretty kinky.
I relish the thought.:)
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

OK,LETS TAKE EVOLUTION,or the theory of evolution,its a bunch of bull.You ask any evolutionist,and he or she will tell you that evolution is a fact.It cannot be a fact and a theory at the same time.Thats because using the theory of evolution,takes millions of years to observe.Now i ask,how in the hell can you prove a theory,when it is not observable?There are no fossil records of this man made idea,to prove any of it.We do not live long enough,to see the process of the so-called theory of evolution,hense,that is why the evolutionists can claim it to be true,because you have eyes and cannot see the process in nature.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
OK,LETS TAKE EVOLUTION,or the theory of evolution,its a bunch of bull.You ask any evolutionist,and he or she will tell you that evolution is a fact.It cannot be a fact and a theory at the same time.Thats because using the theory of evolution,takes millions of years to observe.Now i ask,how in the hell can you prove a theory,when it is not observable?There are no fossil records of this man made idea,to prove any of it.We do not live long enough,to see the process of the so-called theory of evolution,hense,that is why the evolutionists can claim it to be true,because you have eyes and cannot see the process in nature.
Sure it can be a fact and a theory at the same time. The theory of gravity explains the fact of gravity. The theory of evolution explains the fact of evolution.

Evolution is observable in several ways. One of them is the fossil record. If the theory of evolution is correct the fossil record should agree with the theory of evolution. It does. If creation was correct the fossil record should agree with creation, it doesn't. No creationist has devised a explanation for the fossils as we see them in the fossil record that agrees with creationism and what is actually observed.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
Damn.

How many times must the same definition of "THEORY" -- as it is used by SCIENCE -- must be provided?

....and that ALL scientific theories are both "Theory" AND "Fact"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fac...
wesley

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

they now have proof that humans lived along side and breed with neaderthals,so how is that possible,alien intervention,and all religions mention sky being or gods coming down out of the heavens in chariots of fire,(it was beyond there experience and mind set to describe it)think about it and use a little logic not your twisted belief system,how can humans have evolved millions of years in just thousands,and there is the missing link to..and religion was a way to instill in us morals and much more,,just be rational and logical and you will see the truth...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wesley wrote:
they now have proof that humans lived along side and breed with neaderthals,so how is that possible,alien intervention,and all religions mention sky being or gods coming down out of the heavens in chariots of fire,(it was beyond there experience and mind set to describe it)think about it and use a little logic not your twisted belief system,how can humans have evolved millions of years in just thousands,and there is the missing link to..and religion was a way to instill in us morals and much more,,just be rational and logical and you will see the truth...
Punctuation, please.

Yes, the 'Ancient Aliens' theory.

Intriguing, certainly. However the claim is exactly the same - show us an alien space craft or carcass and we will believe they exist and have visited earth.

Until then, it remains speculation.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
OK,LETS TAKE EVOLUTION,or the theory of evolution,its a bunch of bull.You ask any evolutionist,and he or she will tell you that evolution is a fact.It cannot be a fact and a theory at the same time.
Ah. So you don't even know the difference between a fact and a theory. Carry on then. This should be fun.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wesley wrote:
gibberish.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wesley wrote:
Please don't sh*t in our lovely forum.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

wesley wrote:
Let's see if I have this right....

Tall homo sapiens sapiens from Africa met and bred with short stocky homo sapiens neanderthalensis when they crossed over into the middle east... therefore Martians!

Yup, lost the thread in there somewhere.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this right....
Tall homo sapiens sapiens from Africa met and bred with short stocky homo sapiens neanderthalensis when they crossed over into the middle east... therefore Martians!
Yup, lost the thread in there somewhere.
Yer not the only one.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. So you don't even know the difference between a fact and a theory. Carry on then. This should be fun.
Apparently,quite the contrary my dear boy.Is is you who does not know the difference,between a fact and a theory.You must be a dumb ass.Look up the words in the dictionary,dummy.lol

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently,quite the contrary my dear boy.Is is you who does not know the difference,between a fact and a theory.You must be a dumb ass.Look up the words in the dictionary,dummy.lol
Here's a tip for you.

While the dictionary is an excellent place to find the meaning of common words, you need to know the context of the discussion.

If I tell you "I enjoyed the set" and I haven't given you any context, you don't know if I am referring to any of a number of different things
- the stage presentation of a play
- a collection of songs played by a band
- a group of matches in which we compete in some sport
- a complete collection of some items
etc etc etc

So, when you start talking about facts and theories, it's important for you to understand that we are talking about scientific theory, not "a theory".

There is a world of difference between "Germ Theory" and "the theory that someone has been eating cake when I'm not home".

Would you say "It's only a theory" that germs cause illness?
Would you say "It's only a theory" that two bodies of mass exert gravitational forces upon one another?

Of course not, so why would you consider Evolutionary Theory to be any different than these other theories APART from your religious bias?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently,quite the contrary my dear boy.Is is you who does not know the difference,between a fact and a theory.You must be a dumb ass.Look up the words in the dictionary,dummy.lol
I don't need to, jackass. I understand them quite well. It is you that is tripping over your own ignorance and lack of education.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation, please.
Leave grammar education to me, DF.
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a tip for you.
While the dictionary is an excellent place to find the meaning of common words, you need to know the context of the discussion.
If I tell you "I enjoyed the set" and I haven't given you any context, you don't know if I am referring to any of a number of different things
- the stage presentation of a play
- a collection of songs played by a band
- a group of matches in which we compete in some sport
- a complete collection of some items
etc etc etc
So, when you start talking about facts and theories, it's important for you to understand that we are talking about scientific theory, not "a theory".
There is a world of difference between "Germ Theory" and "the theory that someone has been eating cake when I'm not home".
Would you say "It's only a theory" that germs cause illness?
Would you say "It's only a theory" that two bodies of mass exert gravitational forces upon one another?
Of course not, so why would you consider Evolutionary Theory to be any different than these other theories APART from your religious bias?
I understand quite well what you mean.Scientific theory is just an educated guess.While a fact is certain.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I understand quite well what you mean.Scientific theory is just an educated guess.While a fact is certain.
Which fact would that be?
THE BAPTIST

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

THE BAPTIST wrote:
<quoted text>I understand quite well what you mean.Scientific theory is just an educated guess.While a fact is certain.
I am not coming at you with a religious view.Just because i use the screen name the baptist,does not mean that at all.You are just inferring too much,by using a name i use on this forum.That shows that you are judgemental.I amk using logic,you dummy!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Punctuation, please.
You think that's his first and foremost problem???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,701 - 3,720 of6,103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••