The Non-Existent Moral Code of Atheism

The Non-Existent Moral Code of Atheism

There are 15 comments on the The Other McCain story from Sep 10, 2013, titled The Non-Existent Moral Code of Atheism. In it, The Other McCain reports that:

If there is no God, there is only Science and, as everyone who has studied the "climate change" phenomenon is aware, Science involves a self-selecting cabal of credentialed insiders empowered to dismiss criticism from anyone who does not concur in the sacred consensus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Other McCain.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#1 Sep 11, 2013
This made me stop reading.
"If there is no God, there is only Science and, as everyone who has studied the “climate change” phenomenon is aware, Science involves a self-selecting cabal of credentialed insiders empowered to dismiss criticism from anyone who does not concur in the sacred consensus."
No it's called peer review and as skepticism of climate change became more stupid and dishonest the more we bash them.
Here is a great series on climate change by our apparently holy priest Potholer54, in particular the Monckton Bunkum sub series.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#2 Sep 11, 2013
Look at the blog posting this crap. And you wonder why its a pretty shitty jobs of writing?

Who even posts this crap on topix?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3 Sep 11, 2013
"a self-selecting cabal of credentialed insiders empowered to dismiss criticism from anyone who does not concur in the sacred consensus". Sounds like an excellent capsule description of the Vatican. Almost as concise as "highly organized ring of pedophiles".
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4 Sep 11, 2013
Lamer wrote:
Look at the blog posting this crap. And you wonder why its a pretty shitty jobs of writing?
Who even posts this crap on topix?
Robo-blogger. It is a Topix bot that searches for keywords and puts things in Atheism news based on the appearance of a keyword like 'atheism' in the title. No human intelligence involved up to that point, no critical thinking applied. From there, once someone comments on a news item, it becomes a thread on the forum. At that point, it becomes difficult for the moderators to kill it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5 Sep 11, 2013
Tuesday Weld?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7 Sep 14, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Robo-blogger. It is a Topix bot that searches for keywords and puts things in Atheism news based on the appearance of a keyword like 'atheism' in the title. No human intelligence involved up to that point, no critical thinking applied. From there, once someone comments on a news item, it becomes a thread on the forum. At that point, it becomes difficult for the moderators to kill it.
Answer = atheists are simply outnumbered by stupid.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
Tuesday Weld?
No. Image search reveals that is Sue Lyons of Lolita fame.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/Push...

Her image was probably used due to the author of Lolita being atheist *and* amoral.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No. Image search reveals that is Sue Lyons of Lolita fame.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/Push...
Her image was probably used due to the author of Lolita being atheist *and* amoral.
Creationist piece of sh*t trying to equaly ammorality with atheism when she forgets that hitler was catholic and that most criminals in prison in the US are christian. Atheists make up the smallest number.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10 Sep 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No. Image search reveals that is Sue Lyons of Lolita fame.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/Push...
Her image was probably used due to the author of Lolita being atheist *and* amoral.
Thanks, she looked familiar but I couldn't place her, but I have never seen that movie either.

Amoral? Really, was that part of his biography? Or did you know him personally? What did he do to you?
Amused

Lowell, MA

#11 Sep 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No. Image search reveals that is Sue Lyons of Lolita fame.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/Push...
Her image was probably used due to the author of Lolita being atheist *and* amoral.
On what basis do you state that Nabokov was 'amoral'? Do you have a factual basis for the claim, or are we supposed to simply take your word for it? Can you cite a particular act or omission to act by the man which indicates amorality? Or are you just making stuff up, as theists are wont to do?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Sep 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist piece of sh*t trying to equaly ammorality with atheism when she forgets that hitler was catholic and that most criminals in prison in the US are christian. Atheists make up the smallest number.
That's not what I was doing, jackass. I was speculating that was the reason why the photo was attached to that article. I was not insinuating that all atheists are amoral, but the author of Lolita in particular. I know atheists who are decent, normal people, completely unlike you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Sep 16, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
On what basis do you state that Nabokov was 'amoral'? Do you have a factual basis for the claim, or are we supposed to simply take your word for it? Can you cite a particular act or omission to act by the man which indicates amorality? Or are you just making stuff up, as theists are wont to do?
If you had ever read the Lolita novel you would know that it is nothing more than a handbook on "how to" have sex with a minor and get away with it. It is a piece of cr@p.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, she looked familiar but I couldn't place her, but I have never seen that movie either.
Amoral? Really, was that part of his biography? Or did you know him personally? What did he do to you?
Like I would waste a single moment on a biography of that creep.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#16 Sep 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I would waste a single moment on a biography of that creep.
Well, we all have a past, and he is yours.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#17 Sep 18, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer = atheists are simply outnumbered by stupid.
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min I Am No One_ 243,297
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 3 hr Brian_G 6,209
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr ChristineM 9,318
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Brian_G 19,765
Atheists have morals too! 6 hr Lelouch0 6
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 14 hr superwilly 26
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 17 hr karl44 1
More from around the web