"From Feminist Atheism to Biblical Truth" Tuesday, Sept. 23,

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: Elm Grove 93

Author Kitty Foth-Regner is the featured speaker at the Creation Science Society of Milwaukee's September meeting.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#83 Jun 26, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>You destroy your own argument.
Your argument: You subjectively decide what is right and wrong,with no standard other than your own assessment.
Yet you arrogantly allow yourself to judge others on your (subjective) standard.
If you cannot see that your argument self-destructs, I cannot help you.
By your own argument, you cannot even claim that what you believe today to be right, is indeed right as it can be regarded as totally immoral in a few years from now.
You are subjectively deciding as well, however, you subjectively decide that stoning children is justified, and I do not. That makes my ethical standards above yours by default. You lose, you are a monster who should be imprisoned for supporting the stoning of children.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#84 Jun 26, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>
Juts asking as some of the comments you made sounds like of Muslim origin. Judah a prophet etc.
<quoted text>
Well evidently you were not paying attention. If you had read my post, you could clearly see that i am no muslim
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty, you can read anything into the words “submission” and “rule over”. But as I have repeatedly shown, you cannot divorce the normal Christian life form marriage as the same rules apply and men are in any case to honor their wives and look after them. Husbands, as repeatedly shown, is to love their wives and care for them.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Your statements are similar to those used to justify slavery.
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>
“Bow down” The specific words? I do not know that this is specifically specified like that. If you however read the Bible and not individual texts that seem to support your view, you will come to realise that the woman is in no way inferior to the husband but it is plainly a matter of authority – and moreover caring and protecting authority.
<quoted text>Any “Christian” that “preaches” sexism (where the man is superior to the wife) does not teach what the Bible clearly teaches, and has his own agenda.
No matter how many excuses you make, when you give someone authority over the other, you make one person "superior" and the other, "inferior."
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is not to be done. It is in her role as wife that a godly woman will accept her husband as the head of the family. Nothing to do with their job roles.
You just said that a wife should leave the final authority of her family finances to her husband. A female ceo, her family finances, would be largely dependent on the health and stability of her company.
Andre

Bloemfontein, South Africa

#85 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are subjectively deciding as well, however, you subjectively decide that stoning children is justified, and I do not. That makes my ethical standards above yours by default. You lose, you are a monster who should be imprisoned for supporting the stoning of children.
Above mine on what scale? So you in fact imply that there is a standard higher than your own. What is that? What was it 2000 years ago and what is it now? 6620

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#86 Jun 28, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>Above mine on what scale? So you in fact imply that there is a standard higher than your own. What is that? What was it 2000 years ago and what is it now? 6620
I implied nothing. You justify stoning children, there is no justification for such a horrible act, end of story.
Amused

Princeton, MA

#87 Jun 28, 2013
All three of the Abrahamic religions are based essentially on men's primal fear of female sexuality. From islam's determinatin to regulate every aspect of women's lives to assure male dominance, and the fanatic insistence on women being wrapped from head to toe because men are unable (or unwilling) to 'control themselves' in the presence of an uncovered woman, to judaism's obsession with the idea of women as 'unclean' to christian writer Paul insisting that women be silent in church and subservient to their husbands, male dominance/female submission is a keystone of the desert religions. It is hard to understand women embracing religion as anything other than testimony to the power of indoctrination. Start early enough and reinforce often enough, and you can even get people to accept their inferiority as people as part of their basic worldview.
Andre

#88 Jun 28, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
No matter how many excuses you make, when you give someone authority over the other, you make one person "superior" and the other, "inferior."

I now accept that you value people on the basis of their standing in society – which by the way makes Adolf Hitler a great more valuable than you. So would a boss that is dishonest and a liar. Your values are skewed and I am just happy I don’t have to live by these none-existent standards.

[QUOTE] You just said that a wife should leave the final authority of her family finances to her husband. A female ceo, her family finances, would be largely dependent on the health and stability of her company.
You confuse financial matters with the role of husband/wife. Many wives earn more than their husbands, but it is immaterial. Whether she succeeds or fails has nothing to do with their marriage relationship.
Andre

#89 Jun 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied nothing. You justify stoning children, there is no justification for such a horrible act, end of story.
No answer? I thought so. Your arguments are really self- defeating and inconsistent. Read your responses.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#90 Jun 28, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>No answer? I thought so. Your arguments are really self- defeating and inconsistent. Read your responses.
Incorrect, it is your argument that never had a footing. Your ethics are a far lower standard than mine, or most atheists I know. You justify stoning children, that makes your ethical standards lacking, and makes you a monster.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#91 Jun 29, 2013
Parents who allow their children to go to the altar of war, to be put to death by enemies of their governments don't consider that sacrificing their children, anyway you condone the death of your children to obedience or disobedience to your god is expected by your god.

Whatever god you worship, as well as the only true God Jehovah, that God expects obedience.
Isaiah 48:17,18

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#92 Jun 29, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Parents who allow their children to go to the altar of war, to be put to death by enemies of their governments don't consider that sacrificing their children, anyway you condone the death of your children to obedience or disobedience to your god is expected by your god.
Whatever god you worship, as well as the only true God Jehovah, that God expects obedience.
In that case isn't good that we atheists don't worship anything.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#93 Jun 29, 2013
Andre wrote:
<quoted text>No answer? I thought so. Your arguments are really self- defeating and inconsistent. Read your responses.
You're a liar with no proof of god. Go back to your cult and tell them you failed to convert any atheists today.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#94 Jun 29, 2013
When you want to become honest, stop lying about god and learn some real morals, please let us know.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#95 Jun 29, 2013
It is your god that commanded these wars, according to the leaders. So ... why should I believe what you claim over what they do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 3 min thetruth 165
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 min thetruth 2,602
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Mikko 23,235
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 1 hr Mikko 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Mikko 1,452
Evidence for God! 2 hr Morse 369
God' existence 3 hr Carchar king 78
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 233,050
More from around the web