Non-Religious People on the Rise in I...

Non-Religious People on the Rise in India: Survey

There are 8 comments on the INDOlink story from May 28, 2013, titled Non-Religious People on the Rise in India: Survey. In it, INDOlink reports that:

Bangalore: The number of non-religious people in India has risen as per the latest Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at INDOlink.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#1 May 28, 2013
Good we need atheism in the east maby then people will stop killing each other over religion.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2 May 28, 2013

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#3 May 30, 2013
Hinduism is a stupid relgion, but it is better then all the three abrahamic ones.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#4 May 30, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
Hinduism is a stupid relgion, but it is better then all the three abrahamic ones.
Than, than, than! It's more THAN your life's worth to keep making the same mistake!
:-)

Sorry to be a 'grammar freak', but can anyone tell me why a few USAmericans can't differentiate between then and than? It doesn't seem to happen in the UK so perhaps its something to do with accent? You don't confuse 'Christians' with 'cannibals'; 'Muslim' with 'Mustard'; or condom with coleslaw, do you?

Use THAN as a word indicating comparison. When you are talking about a noun (thing, person, place or concept) being more, less, better, cooler, higher, etc. in relation to another noun, the word than is necessary.

Use THEN as a word indicating time. When you want to tell about a sequence of events or are giving instructions in a step-by-step order, the word then is necessary.

Or simply put:'than' for comparisons,'then' for the past.

(And yes, I should be doing something useful :)

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#5 May 30, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Than, than, than! It's more THAN your life's worth to keep making the same mistake!
Sorry to be a 'grammar freak', but can anyone tell me why a few USAmericans can't differentiate between then and than? It doesn't seem to happen in the UK so perhaps its something to do with accent? You don't confuse 'Christians' with 'cannibals'; 'Muslim' with 'Mustard'; or condom with coleslaw, do you?
Use THAN as a word indicating comparison. When you are talking about a noun (thing, person, place or concept) being more, less, better, cooler, higher, etc. in relation to another noun, the word than is necessary.
Use THEN as a word indicating time. When you want to tell about a sequence of events or are giving instructions in a step-by-step order, the word then is necessary.
Point taken, but the difference between confusing then and than as opposed to "'Christians' with 'cannibals'; 'Muslim' with 'Mustard'; or condom with coleslaw," is that in the former, there is only a one letter difference while in your examples, there are a multitude of letter differences.
Girdlebitch

West Mifflin, PA

#6 Jun 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Lucky It Is,,yes your right
Lincoln

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Than, than, than! It's more THAN your life's worth to keep making the same mistake!
well said !
QUITTNER

Markham, Canada

#8 Jun 2, 2013
8:23 pm, Sunday, June 2, 2013:
RE: Non-Religious People on the Rise in India: Survey
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text> ... can anyone tell me why ...
..... so many believe that their religion was the religion of Jesus?
..... Anyone can invent a religion, but it is difficult to get many people to pay a lot of money to clergy for centuries. Many are free to change their religion if that :s what they want - or to invent their own!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Aura Mytha 78,498
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 55 min Eagle 12 - 1,326
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 21 hr Science 32,431
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web